• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

not to derail the thread into console framerate bullshit, especially when im actually really enjoying the game, but what the FUCK is up with Until Dawn's framerate o_O

Im not talking "console peasent 30 fps lol" shit here, im no expert but I would say that game goes into the 15 fps range at times, its super jarring. I assume thats a known issue with the game?

The framerate is really bad. Even got a bit seasick early on.

What could go wrong questionmark

misstep and fell down the subway stairs and landed really poorly and sprained my left ankle

hurts a lot to walk or sit down in front of the computer so gonna spend this long weekend watching tv shows or something

any good suggestions to get started?

i'm watching fargo right now, but idk

maybe i'll finally start steins gate

Better Call Saul is currently greatastic.

AHA-Lambda

speakin forreal Zootopia has better world building and character depth than 90 percent of shit out there

it's like genuinely a great, great film. I liked it more than my niece

it's super heavy, too. The obvious allegories are clearer than water and probably no one went expecting something about police treatment of minorities.

and there really aint anything there for the furry crowd thank fuck

steam!

So, it's better than Battfleck vs Man of Steel: Dawn of the franchise?

The Division is fun
if I skip all the dialogue and ignore anything resembling a plot

As someone who always tries to take in any game's story I agree.

Well done Division you got me to break my one rule.

Not that it's worth it, and even if I did pay attention I still doubt I'd have any clue what was going on by the end :/

Tizoc

So, it's better than Battfleck vs Man of Steel: Dawn of the franchise?

As someone who always tries to take in any game's story I agree.

Well done Division you got me to break my one rule.

Not that it's worth it, and even if I did pay attention I still doubt I'd have any clue what was going on by the end :/
Just go watch it
It is fun and has good wriing and characterization

Salsa

fuck it

capped The Division at 30, maxed graphics, switched to playing on the 40' tv with gamepad comfy couch style

fuck the chat

its pretty fun

it wasnt a very steady 60 and I can do 30 with a gamepad. no way on m/kb tho

kagamin

fuck it

capped The Division at 30, maxed graphics, switched to playing on the 40' tv with gamepad comfy couch style

fuck the chat

its pretty fun

it wasnt a very steady 60 and I can do 30 with a gamepad. no way on m/kb tho

The Division at 900p 60fps Medium, don't even care.

Salsa

zkylon says he's watching the best television show in years

people proceed to recommend shit laughable when compared to Fargo

Hektor

atone.gif

Sober

Sorry but there is no definitive show everyone must definitively watch or be marked as a pariah. Not even Fargo. Not even Band of Brothers. Not even The Wire, or Deadwood, or Oz, or The Sopranos. I could go on.

Finshed Game #12 earlier, Far Cry: Blood Dragon.

"Then I looked and saw a fluorescent Mecha-Dinosaur armed with sweet lasers. Its rider's name was Rex, and Hades followed close behind."
SteamGAF Revelation 6:8

Ludens

Banned
DS3 on One, 900p, unstable 30 FPS, framepacing...really, people forgive From too much. BB had framepacing too but at least it was 1080p, not that is excusable, but...

Tizoc

DS3 on One, 900p, unstable 30 FPS, framepacing...really, people forgive From too much. BB had framepacing too but at least it was 1080p, not that is excusable, but...
Much lik vitagaf
Consolegaf will excuse any form of peformance issue

kurahador

misstep and fell down the subway stairs and landed really poorly and sprained my left ankle

hurts a lot to walk or sit down in front of the computer so gonna spend this long weekend watching tv shows or something

any good suggestions to get started?

i'm watching fargo right now, but idk

maybe i'll finally start steins gate

Cheerful:
Kimmy Schmidt
izombie

Sad/depressing/action packed:
Psycho Pass

Ludens

Banned
Much lik vitagaf
Consolegaf will excuse any form of peformance issue
People who watched Giantbomb streams reported the game crashed several times on PC too. I think I did the right thing on waiting to get the game, I saw a couple of videos and I had DS2 vibes, more of the same but this time with BB as reference.
Edit: It seems there's no cloud support even for DS3, and in some locations FPS drop to 40 with a 980.

Dr Dogg

I'd say Nathan Barley would have a lot of mileage with today's 'yoof' considering how on the ball Morris and Brooker were. It's 11 years old now but so many things in today's media centric world those guys got pretty much spot on.

provista

Neo Member
We are contacting you today regarding your recent purchase of the AMD Gift - Ashes of Singularity. As noted in the product title, this product was intended to be given to customers as a gift along with the purchase of an AMD CHIPSET product. Due to a system glitch, the product was sold as a standalone item allowing you to purchase it individually at a very low price.

Because these codes were intended to be given as a gift with the purchase of select video cards, the codes will not be valid for use. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. A full refund will be issued immediately. You can expect the funds to return to the original form of payment within the next 3-5 business days.

Sincerely,
Newegg Customer Service

Should I worry?
AMD Keys already redeemed...

Ludens

Banned
Are there reports about Day of the Tentacle having bugs on PC?
I read some posts saying PS4 version has problems, slowdowns, crashes etc.
DF strikes back?
Or is the PC version good at least?
It's really a shame anyway 20 years old games running on a potatoe having any kind of problem.

Tizoc

Are there reports about Day of the Tentacle having bugs on PC?
I read some posts saying PS4 version has problems, slowdowns, crashes etc.
DF strikes back?
Or is the PC version good at least?
It's really a shame anyway 20 years old games running on a potatoe having any kind of problem.
Hadnt noticed any problems on my end.

So there is this game releasing on steam soon called caligula
TOTALLY unrelated to that other vita game called caligula

Ohhh myyyy!

...oh, it's about the historical Caligula.

...oh, it's an RPGMaker game.

Well, I suppose kudos for trying something in RPGMaker other than standard fantasy tropes.

Arthea

This thread is anything but badass
gosh it's so bad I hardly can remember last time it was so bad
oh wait, that was yesterday!

I'm tempted by Slain, but not picking any games yet, haven't bought even WotS3 yet. I need to fix my PC somehow, or find money for it, to be precise.

Deques

This thread is anything but badass
gosh it's so bad I hardly can remember last time it was so bad
oh wait, that was yesterday!

I'm tempted by Slain, but not picking any games yet, haven't bought even WotS3 yet. I need to fix my PC somehow, or find money for it, to be precise.

So you are buying games again? I thought you tried not to buy too many games

Arthea

So you are buying games again? I thought you tried not to buy too many games

no, still trying not to buy, but I wanted Slain, it appeals to me on aesthetic level, which is totally the wrong reason to buy a game, I admit.
And I will buy WotS3 at some point as I plan to play it, just not now.

talking about temptations, Tiny Guardians looks fun too

but it seems to be a tower defense game and I have those too many, most unplayed.

edited: btw, how's Day of the Tentacle Remastered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom