• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hopefully Hyper Light Drifter next week won't be another disappointment :(

Kings and Heroes -- Open World Co-op RPG from Ex-Blizzard/Valve Devs
A group of developers who have previously worked at Blizzard, Valve Software, Certain Affinity, 7 Studios, and Turbine are teaming up to make a new hack-and-slash RPG in the vein of Diablo.

Kings and Heroes looks to be an open-world, fantasy RPG, which looks a bit like a first person Diablo. Players will be able to play solo or in groups of up to 8 players as they explore procedurally generated dungeons, smash giant spiders against cave walls, and slowly upgrade their hero with better and better loot.

“We’ve been working really hard to create a game that core gamers will want to play and make their own,” says Industry Games CEO Warren Weems. “We’re big fans of that classic roleplaying gameplay style, and that’s the feel we have with Kings and Heroes.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFksrYs77ec

Lain

Lost me at First Person Diablo (though I still watched the trailer, didn't hook me). Not the point of view I like for games in general and for the hack and slash genre in particular.

-

Yesterday I went to vote on a few games on Greenlight and it was cool seeing most of them got greenlit between yesterday and today.
Very happy for Price, since I dig the art in the game (especially the background art).

AHA-Lambda

K, think the next game to tackle on my backlog shall be Valkyria Chronicles.

As someone fairly noobish at strategy games, how hard will this be? I'm noticing mixed reactions to this game's difficulty :/

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

As someone fairly noobish at strategy games, how hard will this be? I'm noticing mixed reactions to this game's difficulty :/

It's more of a puzzle game than a strategy game (in that respect it has a lot in common with the higher end of the Advance Wars series). If you find it hard you may benefit a bit from grinding earlier stages. It's OK to lose, don't worry about it if you do.

Corpekata

Banned
Spending some time is Arlsan. A better port than most Koei stuff, but still has issues. Like, a lot of the games when they have special movies briefly reduce the FPS to 30 (because the special moves are often basically movies). In this it has it during certain moments too, but they're not movies, they're actually moments you have to interact with, which is fairly jarring. They're effects heavy so I can see why they might be locked on consoles but it's kind of a bizaare thing to do on PC.

Still, better port from them than usual so far.

Spending some time is Arlsan. A better port than most Koei stuff, but still has issues. Like, a lot of the games when they have special movies briefly reduce the FPS to 30 (because the special moves are often basically movies). In this it has it during certain moments too, but they're not movies, they're actually moments you have to interact with, which is fairly jarring. They're effects heavy so I can see why they might be locked on consoles but it's kind of a bizaare thing to do on PC.

Still, better port from them than usual so far.

Another reminder that I need to watch the Arslan anime. It's from the creator of Fullmetal Alchemist!

They patched the damage bug (where higher FPS = more damaging reaction fire) so it should be pretty straightforward now. Just never underestimate the power of scouts or the durability of shocktroopers and you'll be OK.

May the bloodline live forever.

Vlad

I mean, it used to be, then authentication became such a large pain in the ass it's basically lost all cash value because of how exhausting it is on the time factor.

My knowledge of economics is a bit rusty, but wouldn't that stand to possibly increase the value of cards over time? More of a hassle to sell cards -> less people bothering -> less supply -> price goes up?

My knowledge of economics is a bit rusty, but wouldn't that stand to possibly increase the value of cards over time? More of a hassle to sell cards -> less people bothering -> less supply -> price goes up?

Correct.

Though keep in mind that people will still be outside of the norm and may price lower regardless of the gain they could make.

Baratan

Banned

I loved that game. A Real hidden gem in my book. I hope you give it a try.

Red Hood

Banned
Is there something I need to know in particular about Steam's offline mode? I'm in the middle of switching internet providers, which means I'll probably be without internet for a few days. Meanwhile, I want to use the offline mode, but I thought I'd ask about the save files. Will the offline save files from the coming days overwrite the cloud saves automatically when I reconnect with the internet?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is there something I need to know in particular about Steam's offline mode? I'm in the middle of switching internet providers, which means I'll probably be without internet for a few days. Meanwhile, I want to use the offline mode, but I thought I'd ask about the save files. Will the offline save files from the coming days overwrite the cloud saves automatically when I reconnect with the internet?

Something I discovered about Offline mode the last time I had to use it is that it will only track achievement stats for games you've started up in online mode. I think that's how it was working anyway.

Does Offline Mode still do that thing where it only works if your Internet is literally unplugged when you make the switch to offline? I'm pretty sure that was a thing.

Man, Slain sure feels rushed. The first level is telling you to do stuff like block and "spirit bombs", but there's no instructions on how to actually do that with a controller. And under options you have "SOUND" and that's it, and the pre-launch control configuration options make zero sense and don't explain anything either.

And yeah, there's basically no SFX, just the soundtrack.

Red Hood

Banned
Something I discovered about Offline mode the last time I had to use it is that it will only track achievement stats for games you've started up in online mode. I think that's how it was working anyway.

Oh okay, thanks. I suppose as a result time tracking also isn't available then?

Corpekata

Banned

When you launch the game while connected next it'll say something like the cloud saves and the local saves are different, and ask you to choose one to upload / download. So just make sure to choose the local save when it asks.

MUnited83

For you.
Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens:
5DXz5E8.png

Get fucked WB!
LOL

WB regional pricing division:
duhlines495.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom