• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
air for steam dark looks a lot better these days

my biggest gripe with it are the close buttons being weirdly on the left for whatever reason

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Didn't you get a 27% off coupon from GMG for your birthday? The Deluxe would come out to 60 with that.

I already bought the normal on steam :/

guess I could refund it

Wabba

Need a little bit of help. I have just bought The Witcher 2: Enhanced edition for my MAC on Steam. I know that you shouldn't game on a MAC but seeing as there was a mac version i bough it.

The problem is that its completely unplayable. I have a new Macbook Pro Retina 2016 edition with good specs, was playing Bioshock Infinite with the highest option and on average 40fps. This game is not even going over 20FPS on the lowest settings and 800x600. There should be something wrong here, the game is from 2011.

What is strange is that when i run the game on highest settings and 1440 x 900 i get 12FPS and when i have it on low settings i get the same 12FPS.

Need a little bit of help. I have just bought The Witcher 2: Enhanced edition for my MAC on Steam. I know that you shouldn't game on a MAC but seeing as there was a mac version i bough it.

The problem is that its completely unplayable. I have a new Macbook Pro Retina 2016 edition with good specs, was playing Bioshock Infinite with the highest option and on average 40fps. This game is not even going over 20FPS on the lowest settings and 800x600. There should be something wrong here, the game is from 2011.

What is strange is that when i run the game on highest settings and 1440 x 900 i get 12FPS and when i have it on low settings i get the same 12FPS.
Your CPU is probably the bottleneck I'd imagine if changing the graphic settings doesn't help at all.

Only the the highest 15-inch tier has discrete graphics card, what exactly was your spec?

Wabba

Your CPU is probably the bottleneck I'd imagine if changing the graphic settings doesn't help at all.

Thank you for answering! So do you think that there is anything i can do? Strange that Bioshock Infinte is running so smooth while this game is so bad. Like i can´t get 30FPS when i run the game in 800x600 with lowest setting not i full screen, my CPU should be able to handle that?

Only the the highest 15-inch tier has discrete graphics card, what exactly was your spec?

Macbook Pro Retina 13 inch, 2.7GHZ Intel Core I5, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Intel Iris 6100 1536MB.

Knurek

Oh, fuck yeah!

jump10c2sru.png

Windows 10 jumplists are no longer restricted to 10 entries.
Oh happy day. You have no idea how much I missed this!
You still can't reorder them, but nevermind, Classic Shell can do that.

Thank you for answering! So do you think that there is anything i can do? Strange that Bioshock Infinte is running so smooth while this game is so bad. Like i can´t get 30FPS when i run the game in 800x600 with lowest setting not i full screen, my CPU should be able to handle that?

Macbook Pro Retina 13 inch, 2.7GHZ Intel Core I5, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Intel Iris 6100 1536MB.
While MBPs do have better CPUs than most Windows laptops, the design makes MBPs easily throttled by heat.

Although Iris 6100 is not very powerful, it shouldn't run that horribly, have you tried running in bootcamp?

Edit: from developer: it's apple's fault

Mivey

Why not just use a working launcher? Huge lists to navigate are sooo 90ies.

Wabba

While MBPs do have better CPUs than most Windows laptops, the design makes MBPs easily throttled by heat.

Although Iris 6100 is not very powerful, it shouldn't run that horribly, have you tried running in bootcamp?

Thank you for answering! I haven't tried it on bootcamp i have read some places that it should give better performance. I have never set it up, but do i have to buy Windows 10 to play it?

zkylon

zkylewd
It is a romance movie
But all u are into waitus so it is understandable if u didnt get it
nope, just an average movie filled with the tropes it tries to parody that pretends to be something clever

scott pilgrim was clever

this is just bad

Arthea

My knowledge of economics is a bit rusty, but wouldn't that stand to possibly increase the value of cards over time? More of a hassle to sell cards -> less people bothering -> less supply -> price goes up?

That's the case, yes, but you forget a factor of people not bothering with cards anymore, if valve goes out of their way to kill card trading and then make selling them the pain, I'm not going to buy cards anymore either, it goes both ways.
So, not selling/buying cards leads to less (cheap) games bought for cards, even less cards, even less interest in them, etc. It's vicious cycle of sorts. let's not forget atrocious card drop times that leads even to more disinterest. (since sale I idled every day, never dropped bellow 200 cards still to idle, just an example, no wonder people don't want to bother with it anymore)
Meaning more expensive cards gets, it's harder to sell them, resulting in even more interest in cards lost. And as always people forget that for cards to sell at all, someone has to buy those and not one or two in a year or so, meaning aside from someone having indefinite funds (there are those on steam as we know), general card price increase will lead to significantly less sales.

One good thing resulting from this will be that one no longer will be able to sell a horrible game because it's cheap and has cards. (you know which dev I'm talking about I think)

edited: we will get very good understanding how things are without valve telling us anything during the summer sale, because if most people don't use mobile auth, there will be much less sale cards on the market, which are usually in 10-50K range for supply and about 1K selling daily and their price used to drop incredibly fast because of enormous supply.

It didn't even outsell Stardew Valley. I dunno that there's a future for the series.

Talking about Stardew Valley, we need new people in OT, it's getting lonely in there.

How easy is Stardew Valley to get into?

very easy
you'll make mistakes at the start, everybody makes them, but as game doesn't punish you for making them, you can experiment to your hearts content

Hektor

K, think the next game to tackle on my backlog shall be Valkyria Chronicles.

As someone fairly noobish at strategy games, how hard will this be? I'm noticing mixed reactions to this game's difficulty :/

It's really not very hard. If you find yourself in trouble you can just use this invincibilitymode cheat.

Start.Mission==Only.Use.Scouts()

What's on sale this weekend?

Seriously shitty the way Slain! launched. It's getting shit on in the Steam reviews. Damn shame, I was really looking forward to it.

Oh, fuck yeah!

jump10c2sru.png

Vanilla Win10/8 blows. ClassicShell best shell.
I removed all the queued up ModBot PMs over the last few days. My logic was that anyone who had set something to giveaway in a raffle would probably want to reset the timer, there are probably a bunch of junk Division keys, etc. So that's that.

Now, as to whether or not ModBot will start working again, that's a bit of an open question.
Deleted queue. ModBot hasn't sent me Sleepy Dogs yet. I shouldn't have talked smack behind his back. Help stump!
Hmm, I dunno, the emphasis on hiding and tactical retreat, and the sheer amount of buildings you can go into still appeals to me
To me it did look not dangerous and tense enough but hey, it's good that you feel different about it. Hope you'll have fun with it.
I think it's very well deserved skepticism and wariness. Which is a logical reaction.
Skepticism and wariness is understandable but the thing is, there are games that released in EA which turn out a dud once finally released but there are also many games which release fully from the get-go and still are a dud. There are EA games which never get finished in polish and promised content but the same goes for games not releasing through the EA system. The EA system can be abused - and is - but that doesn't mean that there is an inherent problem with EA. EA brought great games to the table in a final release but people who buy into EA games should know what it entails. At present an incomplete, likely broken product with a promise attached to it. That is a risk and skepticism is right here but some people are outright damning the whole system by risk alone (not talking about you).
In my travels through the exploration queue I noticed reoccurring illogical negative reviews in EA games. There are many more people than I expected who have wrong expectations about EA. So many are writing games (and devs) off completely by virtue of lack of polish or content. I mean, why where they expecting an alpha/beta to be completely featured and without any bugs? Another interesting thing I noticed is that there are games who started in EA and released which have mixed reviews. After reading through the reviews I noticed that the fully released version is apparently good but the majority of bad reviews stem from people who played it in its EA state with wrong expectations. (Maybe reviews should be reset once the game has a final release?) I think people like that should stay away from EA games for their own sake. But for those who read and are aware of the risks, the EA system has a lot to offer. Reduced price, input for the final game etc.

xist

the dude on the cover of dark souls 3 giving his thumbs up bothers me

Is it supposed to be a thumbs up though??? It looks like a clenched fist (crushing whatever it is that is the dust) with the thumb resting on top. Wouldn't it look weirder without any thumb at all???

Kanokare

They finally brought back pinning games on Steam on W10. Was disappointed it wasn't around when I upgraded to W10. Don't know when they brought it back but only noticed.

Tizoc

THESE KEYS MAY HAVE ALREADY BEEN REDEEMED
Desura Keys should still be redeemable on Steam I think :X

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 37 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Train of Afterlife -- MB-C2C1AB0568F5241A - Taken by Purkake4
xheRJRF.gif
Legends of Dawn -- MB-4E06692ACA697A80 - Taken by gar3
Blue Rose -- MB-6B9F60E2ABF53BB3 - Taken by Hektor
Call of Juarez -- MB-2F334D3848A7F2BE - Taken by Kiru
UFO Aftermath -- MB-730793053C4F8514 - Taken by neonglow
Ittle Dew -- MB-4E7F39DE7568F86B - Taken by bloke
KING'S BOUNTY: WARRIORS OF THE NORTH -- MB-5A06500BD2BECD81 - Taken by roadrunn3r
BLOOD BOWL: LEGENDARY EDITION -- MB-C4F22E538BB508E0 - Taken by gar3
ulgzbKC.png
Blue Rose Desura Key -- MB-970115D9171F01C1
ILAMENTIA -- MB-65AF5BB2EAA40E23 - Taken by bloke
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-33B201999762BC02 - Taken by levious
Face Noir -- MB-AED3DA8E68A1773F - Taken by freshVeggie
Soulbringer -- MB-C4897007507A0EBF - Taken by gaiadyne
Echo of the Wilds -- MB-71D520EF842431B7 - Taken by Saty
ANOMALY 1729 -- MB-D1C9A8D379054317 - Taken by bobnowhere
Meltdown -- MB-452B87C91ED7522F - Taken by voodooray
Beyond Space -- MB-1EBB6BE66565A17E - Taken by Purkake4
Eador: Masters of the Broken World PlusGenesis -- MB-0042FAB0547EAAF6 - Taken by Purkake4

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for BOREALIS failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for 99 Spirits failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Electronic Super Joy failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for HEROES & LEGENDS: CONQUERORS OF KOLHAR failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Finding Teddy Desura Key failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Ether Vapor Remaster Desura Ke failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Surgeon Simulator 2013 failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Shelter failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Betrayer failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for DEPTH HUNTER 2: DEEP DIVE failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Two Brothers failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Eschalon Book III failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for DragonSphere failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Depths of Peril failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Face Noir Desura failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for MINI MOTOR RACING EVO failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Point Perfect failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for The 39 Steps failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Pid failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for The Whispered World failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Note: The key you added for Beyond Space was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Anyone remembers that Kickstarter game that took some Inspiration from Team Ico Games? You were working together with a robot or so and it was in one of the early Greenlight bundles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom