• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

why is it obnoxious that I dont play EA games? Im just saying the game looks great but Ill wait for the final version. We have different definitions of the word obnoxious

There's nothing wrong with not liking Early Access. It's the thinly-veiled criticism of Early Access folks throw into posts about them that's getting really obnoxious.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There's nothing wrong with not liking Early Access. It's the thinly-veiled criticism of Early Access folks throw into posts about them that's getting really obnoxious.

but I didnt critisize EA at all, I only said I personally dont play EA games... dude what the fuck?

mrgone

but I didnt critisize EA at all, I only said I personally dont play EA games... dude what the fuck?

I'm sorry if I misinterpreted the intention of your post, but it's not an uncommon thing for people to simultaneously praise a game and shit on its Early Access status at the same time here.

veggie are you in jail?
Straight outta Schwarzwald.
I don't know what makes you think that but I did not get that thinly-veiled criticism you mention from his post. I do agree people can be unfairly judgmental of early access games just by the release method. Factorio, an early access games is currently among the highest rated games on Steam!

mrgone

Straight outta Schwarzwald.

I don't know what makes you think that but I did not get that thinly-veiled criticism you mention from his post. I do agree people can be unfairly judgmental of early access games just by the release method. Factorio, an early access games is currently among the highest rated games on Steam!

This is what I mean, there's a lot of undeserved condescension towards games released in Early Access.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm sorry if I misinterpreted the intention of your post, but it's not an uncommon thing for people to simultaneously praise a game and shit on its Early Access status at the same time here.

I actually think EA is a great thing, I just am particular in the sense I dont replay games 99% of the time, so when I play a game, I want to play the finished version (even if thts a tenuous line these days), and not think "oh they added that thing to the first level? welp im never seeing that I guess"

Also Slain is out... who's gonna bite the bullet? I would but im off to work soon so I couldnt report back on it anyway until tomorow morning

mrgone

I actually think EA is a great thing, I just am particular in the sense I dont replay games 99% of the time, so when I play a game, I want to play the finished version (even if thts a tenuous line these days), and not think "oh they added that thing to the first level? welp im never seeing that I guess"

Also Slain is out... who's gonna bite the bullet?

No, it's totally valid. Particularly for story-rich games. It's just that usually when people point out the EA status of a game in that manner it's a political thing, and it's been getting annoying.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: ModBot; EL is continuing to tweak the SSL rollout (it may have to be re-disabled for a little bit pending issues with the ad server). I was going to try to fix it today but if it's going to break again I should probably just wait a little while longer. Sorry. I promise it will be up and running ASAP.

Anno

Only had a couple minutes to check out Slain but it seemed fine to me outside of sound effects being barely audible. Jumping, combat, the spell etc. fired off fine, no delays or anything. Was playing with a Steam controller, no idea if it's for some reason different on m/kb. I'll get to mess around with it more tomorrow I guess.

Rhaknar

methinks adding 90cents to my wallet and buying Stardew Valley might be a better investment than Slain :p

BPoole

Does anyone want to play Killing Floor 2 with me now-ish or later tonight? Steam ID is BPoole96. Just sent a friend request

Nabs

Only had a couple minutes to check out Slain but it seemed fine to me outside of sound effects being barely audible. Jumping, combat, the spell etc. fired off fine, no delays or anything. Was playing with a Steam controller, no idea if it's for some reason different on m/kb. I'll get to mess around with it more tomorrow I guess.

Same here. The game definitely feels early/rushed, but I had no issues with latency. I also tested the DS4 and had no problems there.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I removed all the queued up ModBot PMs over the last few days. My logic was that anyone who had set something to giveaway in a raffle would probably want to reset the timer, there are probably a bunch of junk Division keys, etc. So that's that.

Now, as to whether or not ModBot will start working again, that's a bit of an open question.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

not a real key do not redeem -- MB-9B917F167D1CC712 - Taken by Stumpokapow

Red Hood

Banned
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

not a real key do not redeem -- MB-9B917F167D1CC712 - Taken by Stumpokapow

18317562.jpg

Red Hood

Banned
That's weird. The Dutch DS3 Steam page has an Xbox One promotion in the description, I've checked the English page and it doesn't mention it.

It says "Temporary offer: pre-order the digital version of DS3 on the Xbox One Store and receive the original Dark Souls for free and playable on the XBO!"

ds3_nlwssfu.png

Jawmuncher

That's weird. The Dutch DS3 Steam page has an Xbox One promotion in the description, I've checked the English page and it doesn't mention it.

It says "Temporary offer: pre-order the digital version of DS3 on the Xbox One Store and receive the original Dark Souls for free and playable on the XBO!"

ds3_nlwssfu.png

Somebody got lazy and just copy and pasted.

Sch1sm

Is it worthwhile idling games for the cards to sell, or should I not bother?

I mean, it used to be, then authentication became such a large pain in the ass it's basically lost all cash value because of how exhausting it is on the time factor.

YMMV.

Sch1sm

ds3_nlwssfu.png

Buy it, then demand an XBO copy to boot since they advertised for it already.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I mean, it used to be, then authentication became such a large pain in the ass it's basically lost all cash value because of how exhausting it is on the time factor.

YMMV.

I think it is worth it, a lot more troublesome now than before but still. Also, some people trade cards for games, and that does not require to authorize one by one.

Very much worth it. You can use the money to buy more cheap games with cards and keep the cycle going. Or buy a game you want or two.

Might try it out. Any specific idling programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom