• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
My buddy has been playing Dark Souls 3 on the xb1 and he saw the Giant Bomb quick look of the PC version.

"that sure is pretty"

but brah i've been telling you to come join us in the realm of PC wonderment for years now and it's only now that you see the light. ya done goofed.

def sim

ModBot said:
Instructions for def ault:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (def ault, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vertiginous Golf -- MB-F2687EC284BB387B - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.

t1458917509z1.png

golf

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently get ip banned for incorrect log in attempts :/ Finally got back into my original account.

Oh wow, I own watch dogs.

I don't think I'll ever finish Watch Dogs. MP fluff being incorporated into the completion tracker is just too egregious.

Haunted

I assume no one is talking about this excellent Bundle Stars bundle because it's been available for a while? (I haven't been able to follow this thread recently)

Really good collection of games, even if many of them have been in other bundles before.

Tier 1 - Pay €2.99

The Silent Age
Velocibox
Super Motherload
Heroes of Legionwood
QbQbQb
Retro/Grade
Megabyte Punch
TransPlan

Tier 2 - Pay €4.88 - Including products above

Kingdom Rush
Secrets of Raetikon
Pixel Piracy
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate
PixelJunk Shooter
Velocity Ultra
Qora
GAUGE

I assume no one is talking about this excellent Bundle Stars bundle because it's been available for a while? (I haven't been able to follow this thread recently)

Really good collection of games, even if many of them have been in other bundles before.

Tier 1 - Pay €2.99

The Silent Age
Velocibox
Super Motherload
Heroes of Legionwood
QbQbQb
Retro/Grade
Megabyte Punch
TransPlan

Tier 2 - Pay €4.88 - Including products above

Kingdom Rush
Secrets of Raetikon
Pixel Piracy
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate
PixelJunk Shooter
Velocity Ultra
Qora
GAUGE

not bad, if it had PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate i would've jumped in as I haven't played PJS2 yet.

Knurek

This seemed to have somehow slipped under my radar.
Admittedly, I haven't played long - just 1/4th of a route, but it does seem to be a good read, especially for people who liked Higurashi.
And it's free, so there's really nothing stopping you from trying.

Parsnip

How do I do that ? I only turned game DVR off.
I may be remembering some of this wrong, but basically turn game dvr back on, open the gamebar with win+g shortcut, open the settings there and find the guide button setting and turn it off. Then turn game dvr off again.

It's absolutely ridiculous that you can't adjust that specific setting from the xbox app, only from the gamebar settings within the gamebar overlay.

Lime

So Steam right now is telling me that I have "too many activation attempts" after I just once tried to activate X-Com 2: Digital Deluxe Edition from Gamesplanet UK. I haven't even activated a game in over a week, so I don't know how this could happen.

How long do I have to wait for the "cool-down"?

Also, isn't Gamesplanet trust-worthy? Is there a red flag popping up at valve's HQ by using that key right now?

If you won something from ModBot and didn't get it during the dark ages, try a my loot PM.

Second troubleshooting question here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=121853350&postcount=5

Should work.
My Loot did the trick. Thanks.
Yea that area looked fantastic. Also reminds me of the only boss I was unable to kill in the game :\
I needed many attempts but once its attack patterns clicked, it was a fairly easy but lengthy fight. I even beat him several times as a friendly summon for others who cowardly ran near the ridge, haha. Good times.

Parsnip

They must be having a good time playing Knights:

Yup. I looked at the GB stream very briefly where they showed the reproducible bonfire crash and was very glad it's still not out all of sudden. Apparently there's a huge patch coming before launch proper, so here's hoping that it all works out great.

Kind of sad to hear about the 60fps related stuff especially.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, the Ubisoft sale: No "dailies"/lower prices after the store updates? Or is it like the Fall/Winter sale change where the prices are final and no more deep discounts?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 8 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

To The Moon -- MB-E476ADEA548031D9 - Taken by Costa1774. 4 entrants total.
PGP3OVL.png
BIO MENACE (gog) -- MB-E606C693CFFEF173 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Make War Not Love Bundle 3 -- MB-B7949E53F52F25B5 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Particula -- MB-0702DDB69FC2DA37 - Taken by Regginator. 1 entrants total.
Deadbreed -- MB-FEF50CC2965FA31C - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.
Woodle Tree -- MB-EA0B572FA9912402 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff -- MB-AC1035A344276AF2 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
hyper fighters -- MB-B45A7E592301E8AE - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
Absconding Zatwor -- MB-04C602CA2D7979A8 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for To The Moon was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for BIO MENACE (gog) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Make War Not Love Bundle 3 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Particula was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Deadbreed was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Woodle Tree was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for hyper fighters was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Absconding Zatwor was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1458932749z1.png

So, the Ubisoft sale: No "dailies"/lower prices after the store updates? Or is it like the Fall/Winter sale change where the prices are final and no more deep discounts?

I believe all sales are assumed no lower prices. The exception seems to be if a game isn't on sale, it could go on sale during the sale.

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition -- MB-4FC98F8783C1D082 - Taken by freshVeggie - Taken by freshVeggie. 42 entrants total.
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 -- MB-45C7D424126A75C0 - Taken by Belgarion
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut -- MB-41D8FEFC93D69042 - Taken by TheMadMan007
FINAL FANTASY VIII -- MB-07DD1AA51C048459 - Taken by diabolusinmusica

it looks like you might need to manually claim this from MBot if you won. You probably did not get email notifications. I know fVeggie got theirs after doing this. Check some posts back for a command posted by Stump.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I believe all sales are assumed no lower prices. The exception seems to be if a game isn't on sale, it could go on sale during the sale.

So no chance of ZombiU going $5 if I buy it now at $10?

Fantastic, I'll buy it and Ass Creed: China today then.

tuxfool

Banned
I assumed this "bug" was actually intentional in case the review build got leaked or something.

What? Forcing every single reviewer and streamer into playing Knights?

It should be noted that the Knight class also crashes, just less immediately than all the other classes.

Looks like the international version is just broken. That Xbox thread where people are playing the English copy via region switching are getting a fucked up time too.

Lomax

Yes, I know this may have been disabled already, but I've heard nothing from NewEgg and one worked yesterday, so it might still work. If you win please let me know if it works or not. If not, I can probably give you something else.

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lomax, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

xWBm0BY.png
The Division (uPlay) -- MB-A67D9870BFCB3C62 - Taken by Aaron D.. 36 entrants total.
This is an NVidea key and may not work, must be redeemed at https://redeem.geforce.com/en-us/ if you win please let me know if it works or not

t1458933529z1.png

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Happy egg celebration

ModBot said:
I am giving away 54 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Girls Like Robots -- MB-93AB8594F65E7445 - Taken by Delicious Waffles. 12 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-111F63B61AE776FE - Taken by dot. 11 entrants total.
Rex Rocket -- MB-098B2E4D64B1D01C - Taken by Costa1774. 11 entrants total.
Time Mysteries Inheritance - Remastered -- MB-6C8B3A1EFEF04FC1 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Tap Heroes -- MB-550F9796E2DAA6C3 - Taken by swx. 3 entrants total.
AR-K -- MB-B449E8CB2CFBC8B4 - Taken by Arthea. 4 entrants total.
Life is Hard -- MB-185B6D3B88853F0F - Taken by Kuroyume. 4 entrants total.
Burnstar -- MB-6DE9E7A0EDE7A0BE - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Grim Legends 2 Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-091C55DA37222194 - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Heaven Island -- MB-32535F31B21688A3 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 1 entrants total.
Grim Legends The Forsaken Bride -- MB-D730AFC053F6F025 - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-83086791F406099E - Taken by Driw3r. 6 entrants total.
NaissanceE -- MB-B31F107CF87BDFCD - Taken by Zeeman. 3 entrants total.
PING 1.5 Plus -- MB-7779DED539C1161B - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 4 entrants total.
C. Kane -- MB-FFAD72338B158914 - Taken by drakaenae. 4 entrants total.
Goosebumps The Game -- MB-486EA46B9623DEC1 - Taken by Jawmuncher. 7 entrants total.
World War II GI -- MB-CF9F0C5E75A95B5F - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Loot Hero DX -- MB-626AE4A524632744 - Taken by calyx. 4 entrants total.
See No Evil -- MB-073276A5F9260D38 - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Vapour -- MB-718DCE9B749D0ABD - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.
Doodle God -- MB-100557A4107D5CDE - Taken by Insumatposa. 2 entrants total.
Caveman Craig -- MB-5D3E7A5F0EA9E77A - Taken by bloke. 2 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep 3 Davy Jones -- MB-0A9249D04288EA14 - Taken by Costa1774. 3 entrants total.
Silver Knight -- MB-150864CC999AC885 - Taken by gaiadyne. 3 entrants total.
Circuits -- MB-7ABF1B075A3F3B3C - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.

Queen's Quest Tower of Darkness -- MB-AA8A9B551027FD20 - Taken by neonglow. 3 entrants total.
Shadowrun Dragonfall Director's Cut -- MB-18B4B61E7AA9FCD0 - Taken by Dr.Social. 13 entrants total.
Kick Ass Commandos -- MB-20332E7F1CB3F20F - Taken by freshVeggie. 4 entrants total.
9 Clues 2 The Ward -- MB-2C6B393A358452DA - Taken by yoshizzle. 4 entrants total.
FLASHOUT 2 -- MB-489A426A9FD1B084 - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
Shadowrun Returns -- MB-DAC25624E7E87A90 - Taken by dave is ok. 10 entrants total.
Centauri Sector -- MB-10C52DFFA545E250 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
Starlord -- MB-A5EF6231F21080DF - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
The Land Of Lamia -- MB-306820E3C23FE174 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Clockwork Tales Of Glass and Ink -- MB-2C0E0E100FA983CF - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-758F6CDEECEC6A7B - Taken by mp1990. 2 entrants total.
Procyon -- MB-6835595BB2B19611 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Cashtronauts -- MB-00D958AA764386E5 - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
Riddled Corpses -- MB-98E31563C61B4DBC - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces II -- MB-F42269A27F6C7DBE - Taken by Mixed2k. 1 entrants total.
Frankenstein Master of Death -- MB-AEE70F61E49D8486 - Taken by someguyinahat. 3 entrants total.
Silent Service -- MB-EF8FAA4934CA6E72 - Taken by 19Kilo. 1 entrants total.

Story Of the Survivor -- MB-B6C3173BBD7ECA97 - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Arcane Sorcery -- MB-EAF41FE832166526 - Taken by bloke. 2 entrants total.
Dracula's Legacy -- MB-C79803B3DA7E6877 - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
Chip -- MB-A25F911BC88EB68E - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
Deadlock II Shrine Wars -- MB-6F0C9677464E15F4 - Taken by septicore. 2 entrants total.
PIXELMAN -- MB-FCFCC1D5D582D3F6 - Taken by voodooray. 5 entrants total.
Star Wars Dark Forces -- MB-70FCAC35B71D1E67 - Taken by Jalal. 2 entrants total.

AXYOS -- MB-D089B5F228E09785 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Grey Cubes -- MB-DC57969086D1AD4E - Taken by mrks. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords -- MB-B49AE4F86FBB3468 - Taken by laserlaser. 11 entrants total.
Tycoon City New York -- MB-BB8D810EBE03E42A - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Covert Action -- MB-9942AE2591205DA0 - Taken by Natty1. 6 entrants total.

t1458934129z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom