• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Are there any images for comparison?

How big of a change is it to warrant that much anger from the JP audience?

The comparison is right there in the linked article. The change isn't all that big and, judging from the angle of the pics, one would only notice putting the camera at certain angles to see under the skirt.

I got to level 12 on Division. I tried to solo a mission I had already beat on normal, on hard and had to quit in frustration at the end (I had to go watch Once Upon A Time so I didn't have more time to try and win).
I'm already at the point where I think the game is interesting in the run through the city and kill bad guys part of the gameplay, but it's not that fun in the loot aspect or the encounters, plus there are so many little things unpolished about it, like the ability to get stuck between some pillars, or being able to climb up and then down in certain spots from which you can't climb up again, or the sudden disappearance of bodies/characters when going past certain points, or the sudden change in lightning when entering certain rooms.

I mean, the game is OK to waste time and probably it'd be fun to play together with other people, better if close friends, but as it stands it's already starting to lose me after 23ish hours of play.

Wait it was the driver that was doing that? My screen went blank and then the sound went out forcing me to shut down the computer. Only happened when watching Netflix and affected no other steaming I did. I had no idea what was happening. Glad it's just a driver issue rather than something wrong with the card

Yep, that's what I've read in the nvidia issue threads on here (issue in the 364.51 drivers, I think it's also in the 364.72 drivers?). In that thread people went back to 362.

Definitely have a huge issue with the latest Nvidia drivers. Getting the same solid colour driver crash on games now that I only had when using Netflix.

Also, I was playing Stonehearth after installing the driver and my FPS is garbage now :(

I got to level 12 on Division. I tried to solo a mission I had already beat on normal, on hard and had to quit in frustration at the end (I had to go watch Once Upon A Time so I didn't have more time to try and win).
I'm already at the point where I think the game is interesting in the run through the city and kill bad guys part of the gameplay, but it's not that fun in the loot aspect or the encounters, plus there are so many little things unpolished about it, like the ability to get stuck between some pillars, or being able to climb up and then down in certain spots from which you can't climb up again, or the sudden disappearance of bodies/characters when going past certain points, or the sudden change in lightning when entering certain rooms.

I mean, the game is OK to waste time and probably it'd be fun to play together with other people, better if close friends, but as it stands it's already starting to lose me after 23ish hours of play.

My advice is to ignore and don't think about loots while you're leveling to 30. Just do all the side missions, some encounters, and occasional missions on normal with matchmaking. Most of the missions are well-designed and have meaningful impacts to the story and lore in general. When you reach level 30, start farming the loots from hard and challenging missions, as well as from the Dark Zone. The game starts there (or maybe ends there for some people).

It's a love-hate relationship as well for me. The game is addicting but there are so many flaws in it. I hope they can fix things up in the upcoming updates. Remember Diablo 3. Maybe it'll be fully enjoyable on the 2nd year or so.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
stump just updated modbot with morals

quick, lets turn it into a racist hiter lover

I'd be lying if I said I didn't add "DO NOT CONSORT WITH FOREIGNERS" and "Way to prostrate yourselves to your white masters" to ModBot's moderation side chat functionality immediately after saying the thread.

Eila

Just beat Ys Seven. In the first few hours I thought the game was going to be crap, but it picks up. The MMOesque aspects of it like fetch quests and grinding for materials kind of suck, but otherwise pretty good game. Far longer than any other Ys game, too (haven't played Celceta, that's next).
I'll grab it again if it ever hits steam with the enhanced textures and hi-res art, specially if it runs 60 fps as well.

Hektor

all the ugly turned into anime

Which one is supposed to be the Anime?
Because they're both ugly

Butt cleavage is hilariously bad. people think this looks good?

Butts > Boobs

What's the general consensus on the DLCs? Worth going through?

They're definitely worth playing. Some of the best bossfights of DS2. But some of the areas in the DLC's are very much co-op focused which is really annyoing.

We should all play the German versions of games so all of us will be happy.

I second this.

BorntoPlay

apps.11178.13510798886190122.9c345826-fc96-478d-b1bd-5f872a2130d7.1767beef-4354-4de0-81c8-ebe4a68b0d4d

get Killer Instinct here!!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Released now.

I need to wait for my paycheck, but I'm stupidly excited for this.

Friend is telling me the game has a few good scare moments and atmosphere, but also is over-the-top gorey and hilarious, though cryptic like the older Clock Tower games also.

Goddamn it Ubisoft!!! Why you gotta have a maintenance for The Division while I'm in the middle of a mission?

At least they will get me back to my checkpoint right? i don't wanna start all over again. :(

Hektor

I just saw this thread

While it's probably fake, the idea of an Imperial Commando game, like Republic Commando but in EA's Frostbite engine made my D harder than a 5 hour session of DOAX3.

I didn't knew i need this is in my life, but now i do. Please EA. Make me happy.

are you saying anime can't be ugly?

Indeed, i am.

If it doesn't look like this, i won't accept it as a part of the superior foreign culture that we all look up to.

thanks almostheathen for the game.
I haven't been active if the thread for the past few months because I've been preoccupied with blade and soul and life.

so here'a raffle. enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Widdly Scuds, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Titan Souls -- MB-F3FEE07DAAAF0F29 - Taken by Se7enSword. 12 entrants total.

t1459250328z1.png

Lain

I'd be lying if I said I didn't add "DO NOT CONSORT WITH FOREIGNERS" and "Way to prostrate yourselves to your white masters" to ModBot's moderation side chat functionality immediately after saying the thread.

So it was you giving out this great tag?

Foreigners: Give them an inch (of animu panties), and they'll take a mile.

DO NOT CONSORT WITH FOREIGNERS.

People getting upset over digital panties now...
I get that the japanese are upset because a japanese developer caved to foreign pressure but man, this is something you'd normally wouldn't even notice when playing the game, unless you intentionally position the camera for an upskirt shot. First world problems and all that.

I feel so tempted to share this with my coworker to see how he reacts. He's completely oblivious to videogames and japanese culture, I'm so curious to see his reaction to something like this, I doubt he'd believe me. The notion of people caring about what underwear a videogame character is wearing, let alone getting outraged over it, must seem so surreal to someone who has never been exposed to any of this stuff.

Fuck!

How can they take away a human right, the right to see panties, from me. Those fucking foreigners. They take everything away from us! The greatest cultural asset, the japanese panties.
How can I continue to live anymore???

Nightcry looks like my kind of game, might check it out after I'm done with some of my current games.

Who without sin cast the first stone.

Lol, fair enough, but my point is that it's something you don't even see unless you look for it, it doesn't change the look of the character.

Ludens

Banned
I just realized the fact Uncovered Final Fantasy will be available tomorrow on 7pm on LA, but for us EU dudes it's actually on the 31st March. So if SE will do a "available now" for FFIX, it would be totally possible since it's a Thursday.

Also this is very nice by Capcom:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/87601/

Basically early adopters got screwed, since the package includes all costumes for RE0.

Mivey

Fuck!

How can they take away a human right, the right to see panties, from me. Those fucking foreigners. They take everything away from us! The greatest cultural asset, the japanese panties.
How can I continue to live anymore???
Don't they have themselves to blame? Consoles don't sell as much as they used to in Japan, for a country of about 100 million, they should have about a third of US sales, not less than a tenth. If they abandoned the world of upskirt camera shots for Angry Bird, I don't see how they get to complain.

I just realized the fact Uncovered Final Fantasy will be available tomorrow on 7pm on LA, but for us EU dudes it's actually on the 31st March. So if SE will do a "available now" for FFIX, it would be totally possible since it's a Thursday.

Also this is very nice by Capcom:

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/87601/

Basically early adopters got screwed, since the package includes all costumes for RE0.

FFXV to be announced for PC at FFXV Uncovered. FFIX as a pre-order bonus. BELIEVE.:")

Tizoc

I wish it were that easy. No credit card here in Japan, chances of getting approved for one are slim too. Most of the pre-paid cards here are only for Japan use -shrug- making getting this game a massive hassle. Been asking off and on since it dropped for someone to gift it.
Cant u use paypal to transfer funds?

Sarcasm

I wish it were that easy. No credit card here in Japan, chances of getting approved for one are slim too. Most of the pre-paid cards here are only for Japan use -shrug- making getting this game a massive hassle. Been asking off and on since it dropped for someone to gift it.

Can you send money to Taiwan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom