• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

Time to toos some more Star Wars up in here:

Jedi Knight i think is the game that really got me started hard with pc games. that and Mech Warrior 2, but this is what's on Steam, so enjoy!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II -- MB-4855A96D3B0D2E42 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars - Dark Forces -- MB-EE809F3C708C8AB8 - Taken by pislit. 1 entrants total.

t1459225485z1.png

Coreda

So from a bit of searching it seems you can no longer PM users that share the same Steam group.

Need to contact someone who's banned atm. Any ideas? Was going to request a GAF group invite but if the above no longer works I'm not sure the point.

Lingitiz

Finally making my way through Dark Souls 2 SOTFS after all this time putting it off, just got past the Shrine of Amana (tedious section). Overall I like it a lot even though it loses a lot of the luster from Dark Souls 1, but even then there are some pretty haunting and mysterious areas. I really liked the leadup to Drangleic Castle and that entire section. I love the variety in builds and environments after trudging through Bloodborne, too.

What's the general consensus on the DLCs? Worth going through?

Milamber

Man, I didn't think I'd still be all over Fallout 4. Finished the Mechanist's quest line and I still did not go to Diamond City to see Nick about my son.

I... actually liked the Shrine of Amana. It was once of those instances of sitting down and understanding everything about the game before proceeding (and eventually despawning them) was necessary to get through. And then afterwards, in typical Souls fashion, it was a breeze to get through (whether or not the enemies are there).

Despawning in general was a good change, I think.

Lingitiz

I... actually liked the Shrine of Amana. It was once of those instances of sitting down and understanding everything about the game before proceeding (and eventually despawning them) was necessary to get through. And then afterwards, in typical Souls fashion, it was a breeze to get through (whether or not the enemies are there).

Despawning in general was a good change, I think.

The area isn't that bad, just a little frustrating getting through the projectile mages. Overall when I think about it, it's actually well designed and pushes you to be on the move with the shallow water, hidden enemies, and the mages. In execution though and combined with frustration it can be a pain in the ass.

ModBot said:
Instructions for almostheathen:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 26 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (almostheathen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alien Rage - Unlimited -- MB-46F5A1B8AF413A26 - Taken by NingenJanai. 1 entrants total.
Red Faction Guerrilla Steam Edition -- MB-B958A194FFEF4102 - Taken by neonglow. 3 entrants total.
The Ball -- MB-F7FD8861FF74ECF3 - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.
Divine Slice of Life -- MB-DA4E4E6BF431BDE7 - Taken by yoshizzle. 2 entrants total.
GundeadliGne -- MB-04B73FD8A859ACB1 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.
The Oil Blue: Steam Legacy Edition -- MB-EBC1AD1C55A14290 - Taken by spindoctor. 4 entrants total.
Sickness -- MB-6DDF4F4401E216AD - Taken by Kuroyume. 3 entrants total.
Echo Tokyo: Intro -- MB-F9B52AB8281F3E83 - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.
Highschool Possession -- MB-2C75E0CEB10B3969 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 2 entrants total.
Blue Rose -- MB-BFBB655CAE91E2DE
Lamia's Game Room -- MB-BF8CD1BCA7273259 - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
Darksiders -- MB-EC3A1CA354923B2F - Taken by Lobogris. 5 entrants total.
Shan Gui -- MB-80336DC3C8609CBD - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
Tokyo Hosto -- MB-36CCE2303356A96F - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition -- MB-6570335897F41A3B - Taken by dave is ok. 4 entrants total.
Knights of Pen and Paper Plus1 Deluxier Edition -- MB-BBEEA245EF81B732 - Taken by Costa1774. 5 entrants total.
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 - Collector's Edition -- MB-6EEED86BE9E0CA04 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Gundemonium Recollection -- MB-48DA9D37B1D5EA56 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
Beach Bounce -- MB-6A5A4AE56C2FAAAC - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Hitogata Happa -- MB-3856209E71307B29 - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.
Quantum Conscience -- MB-2430A6057C9CD638 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-4E0B2E710F7C180F - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Always The Same Blue Sky... -- MB-8428C46B3D857F68 - Taken by Eila. 6 entrants total.
Orion: A Sci-Fi Visual Novel -- MB-F77CADB61D488299 - Taken by anastef. 2 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! -- MB-CD023CF56FBA76C3 - Taken by UnderWaterTree. 3 entrants total.
A Wild Catgirl Appears! -- MB-C82D4D6BD0976D1F - Taken by Lomax. 2 entrants total.

t1459237306z1.png
Bundle extras

The area isn't that bad, just a little frustrating getting through the projectile mages. Overall when I think about it, it's actually well designed and pushes you to be on the move with the shallow water, hidden enemies, and the mages. In execution though and combined with frustration it can be a pain in the ass.

Only problem I have with the area is the hammer-guards and their Jesus-like ability to run on water.

Technically speaking it is 256GB (in raw capacity but that 6GB is reversed, so there's always some free space to avoid expensive erase operations can be). This is of course cheaper than adding extra nand dies.

Expensive erase operations?

Should I not be downloading and deleting stuff off my SSD a lot?

eeek.

I don't recognize Ken at all. I really am out of the loop from Street Fighter and fighting games in general.
Which one is he? The one with Vega?

So would anyone be willing to help me get a code for Dragon's Dogma. I live in Japan and it's not on the local steam store here. Also on sale this week. Could trade steam games available here or psn codes ect. I guess.

Also one of my friends is building Steam machine type computers for some of our coworkers. They are going over really well but for some reason SF4 runs like crap on them, but 5 works fine.

So would anyone be willing to help me get a code for Dragon's Dogma. I live in Japan and it's not on the local steam store here. Also on sale this week. Could trade steam games available here or psn codes ect. I guess.

Also one of my friends is building Steam machine type computers for some of our coworkers. They are going over really well but for some reason SF4 runs like crap on them, but 5 works fine.
Can't you get it from any key retailer?

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=dragonsdogmadarkarisen

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Empty Space, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-2E2494CF8A436377 - Taken by Kaper. 2 entrants total.
This War of Mine -- MB-821A1DAE667D72D8 - Taken by user237. 23 entrants total.
Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-DE065B9C0AB44A26 - Taken by Red Hood. 2 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-8650492882E60AA1 - Taken by pislit. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-57B53FF750AB8BA3 - Taken by Lobogris. 6 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut - Classic Edition -- MB-95A676379C936D91 - Taken by JustLynx. 24 entrants total.
Spelunky -- MB-480BD2FD476CB14E - Taken by Soulflarz. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
South Park: The Stick of Truth -- MB-23DC80E0E42E699E - Taken by Popstar. 28 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Talos Principle -- MB-A7495215596C5532 - Taken by EdmondD. 30 entrants total.

t1459234305z1.png

Lain

Latest Nvidia drivers suck. 3 CTD with Nvidia driver stopped working in 2 hours.

I had to install a new set of drivers to play Division, and I read those too have issues, though it seems to be with netflix and amazon streaming services, which I don't use.

I thought nvidia was the one with the wowsome drivers and amd was the shitty drivers one. I guess this is the circle of life.

I guess because their version got the bigger panties too? Since the whole talk that the western version would be the same as the Japanese one.

Huh, that's interesting then.
So because of the change in Western version, the Japanese one will be censored as well? I would be pissed as hell too.

Teeth

Finally making my way through Dark Souls 2 SOTFS after all this time putting it off, just got past the Shrine of Amana (tedious section). Overall I like it a lot even though it loses a lot of the luster from Dark Souls 1, but even then there are some pretty haunting and mysterious areas. I really liked the leadup to Drangleic Castle and that entire section. I love the variety in builds and environments after trudging through Bloodborne, too.

What's the general consensus on the DLCs? Worth going through?

The DLC levels are the best areas in the game. They are up there with DS1 level design. Some of the enemies are a little poise-heavy and some of the bosses are reskins with some new tricks, but all three are absolutely stellar.

Street Fighter V Premium Costumes

They all look great! Especially Ken, who gets a costume befitting his status.

Here's a video of them in motion.

Oh damn, they turned Ken into Rock Howard!

Lain

Huh, that's interesting then.
So because of the change in Western version, the Japanese one will be censored as well? I would be pissed as hell too.

I was just guessing, I don't really know, though I don't see another... legit reason for Japanese gamers to care otherwise.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I need my dick fucking diamond-hard. Do you think I'm going to settle for fucking topaz-hard?

No fucking way. Just thinking of these talc-hard social justice warriors gives me a corundum-hard rage boner.

My Logitech speakers have shit the bed. They won't work when plugged in and will randomly blare out a loud monotonous bass sound once in a while but it doesn't matter if it's attached to my audio jack or not in the PC.

I don't think I have the receipt around and these are like 3 years old. Should I bug them to replace it or buy a better set of speakers?

And if better speakers, anybody got a good suggestion for wireless ones that don't suck? I got my headphones for good sound.

Soulflarz

Banned
My Logitech speakers have shit the bed. They won't work when plugged in and will randomly blare out a loud monotonous bass sound once in a while but it doesn't matter if it's attached to my audio jack or not in the PC.

I don't think I have the receipt around and these are like 3 years old. Should I bug them to replace it or buy a better set of speakers?

And if better speakers, anybody got a good suggestion for wireless ones that don't suck? I got my headphones for good sound.

I want to know this too, I'm using my m50x solely in college, probably have a months use of wear on them already (real time)
...er
actually
more probably :x

so yeah, am curious too.

Stall19

and I read those too have issues, though it seems to be with netflix and amazon streaming services, which I don't use.

Wait it was the driver that was doing that? My screen went blank and then the sound went out forcing me to shut down the computer. Only happened when watching Netflix and affected no other steaming I did. I had no idea what was happening. Glad it's just a driver issue rather than something wrong with the card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom