• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadax

Bunch of stuff I got for free/from bundles. I don't know if they all work, so take that into consideration when entering.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Jadax:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rhino's Rage -- MB-0B9B734B5DD02C9D - Taken by Kifimbo. 5 entrants total.
Overcast -- MB-ECD3FF7E31FAA74A - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Particula -- MB-487BCD6F903A4083
Deadbreed -- MB-07EBEDBD55FCC63F
Journey To The Center Of The Earth -- MB-CA1A563AF3EE0087 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Particula #2 -- MB-3B83C03DFEB61B72 - Taken by fuzzy123
Temper Tantrum -- MB-E0E2179F90A67CF7 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Woodle Tree -- MB-BA99809541B4C9B0 - Taken by Hakkelus

t1459256628z1.png

Tellaerin

I'm fine with eye candy (for any gender) in games and other media. That said, this Star Ocean rage is unbelievable. Just the idea that being able to see upskirt shots of some character that looks like a dumpy-faced, underaged plastic doll means so much to a certain segment of the Japanese audience that they've been driven to frothing extremes of nerd rage over the size of her panties is both hilarious and sad.

XShagrath

I feel so out of it. I haven't played any "real" games in weeks, since my graphics card died and the old one from the closet is old. My friend let me borrow a card, but it's 13+" long, and won't fit in the case
that's what she said
. I wanted to do a new build this year anyways, so I have a new case on the way, and I'll let the loaner card, which I believe is an R9 390X, hold me over until Polaris comes out in a few months.

This is also really putting a hit on my 52 games goal. I'll have to play some short games to catch myself back up when I feel like it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
does anyone know if Tiny Barbarian DX episodes 3 and 4 are in the game, are coming in a update, whats going on?

Just cleared the first one, its actually pretty good, the men says Episodes 3 and 4 are "comming soon", at first I thought you had to clear the first 2 to unlock them, but the achievements dont mention Episodes 3 and 4.

Any clue? is the developer even still working on it? would be a shame if it was left unfinished, especially sicne like I said, its quite good

derFeef

Anyone has good backlog planners? Like with timetables and such? Don't laugh at me... gaming time is sparse :( I tried that website but it's a bit barebones.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for your own views on the first two F.E.A.R games....I came straight from the Dead Space trilogy looking for something with a creepy element which is why the series caught my attention. That and it was mega cheap on Bundlestars! I actually had to look up a lot of the plot of the first game so I had a better idea of what went on.....I know for some people that would count as a plus for being multi-faceted, but a lot of what was supposed to have happened
(the attack on the water plant, i think?, I only got vague hints about that during the game)
left me non-plussed as I played. Because of that whilst I understood the basic points of putting down Fettel and the abuse of Alma, I was trudging on in the hope of clarity which never really happened.
I was actually hoping for more info about Point Man's background beyond being a failure at telepathic soldier control.
And whilst Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate weren't canon, having played through 2 they don't really seem to have done much harm to the overarching story. Although if 3 continues on from where 2 has left me I have no idea where it's going to go....and I'm stuck for friends so it's the solo experience for me, although your own experience has me worried!

I'll let you know if and when I survive the experience.....
I don't remember much of those obfuscated plot points you mention, maybe I should replay it again. Though for some reason the phrase "There's something in the water" has been stuck inside my head.

As for the Point Man,
near the end of the first game you find out you're Alma's son and Paxton Fettel's brother. You have flashbacks to the birth scene because you were that baby who had been taken away from her. You were the first prototype, but it didn't work out, so Fettel was also created. I also loved the reveal of Alma's identity, that was a fantastic scene.

Here's hoping you can enjoy F.E.A.R. 3 at least a tiny bit. Just keep in mind that the story is terrible, the atmosphere sucks and the jump scares are completely predictable. The arena-like encounters don't help it either, which is another reason why I think the focus on co-op was a huge mistake.

Who without sin cast the first stone.
Hey, I sometimes do this for curiosity's sake and even I think getting angry about this is absolutely ridiculous. I find it funny to see a black void under the skirt, and I'd feel uncomfortable if a pair of 4K, 8xAA, downsampled panties suddenly appeared down there.

Deques

does anyone know if Tiny Barbarian DX episodes 3 and 4 are in the game, are coming in a update, whats going on?

Just cleared the first one, its actually pretty good, the men says Episodes 3 and 4 are "comming soon", at first I thought you had to clear the first 2 to unlock them, but the achievements dont mention Episodes 3 and 4.

Any clue? is the developer even still working on it? would be a shame if it was left unfinished, especially sicne like I said, its quite good

Tiny Barbarian DX said:
We're aiming for this spring!
https://www.facebook.com/tinybarbar...0920013686386/723847264393657/?type=1&theater

JarrodL

The outrage is not because of WHAT was changed (aside from a few extreme cases, I don't think anyone actually cares about those panties that much), but because of WHY it was changed, and the fear that it may represent a trend for the future. Today they lose that stupid pantyshot and let it slide, tomorrow the next Street Fighter or whatever suddenly doesn't feature any cleavage. It's not that hard to understand, really.

mp1990

Banned
The outrage is not because of WHAT was changed (aside from a few extreme cases, I don't think anyone actually cares about those panties that much), but because of WHY it was changed, and the fear that it may represent a trend for the future. Today they lose that stupid pantyshot and let it slide, tomorrow the next Street Fighter or whatever suddenly doesn't feature any cleavage. It's not that hard to understand, really.
Oh my, what a catastrophic loss that would be, to have women being depicted as a human being, and not just a thing created for masturbatory purposes!

Chill out. Just look at the character we're talking about, if the developers manage to greenlight that costume to the West, cleavage and fan service aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Jadax

Oh my, what a catastrophic loss that would be, to have women being depicted as a human being, and not just a thing created for masturbatory purposes!
The fact that you're assuming that's what the women in SF are primarily used for is quite alarming.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Well as long as it still plays like Street Fighter I don't really care.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Jadax, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rhino's Rage -- MB-0B9B734B5DD02C9D - Taken by Kifimbo. 5 entrants total.
Overcast -- MB-ECD3FF7E31FAA74A - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Particula -- MB-487BCD6F903A4083
Deadbreed -- MB-07EBEDBD55FCC63F
Journey To The Center Of The Earth -- MB-CA1A563AF3EE0087 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Particula #2 -- MB-3B83C03DFEB61B72 - Taken by fuzzy123
Temper Tantrum -- MB-E0E2179F90A67CF7 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Woodle Tree -- MB-BA99809541B4C9B0 - Taken by Hakkelus

t1459256628z1.png

Rumble Emulation is really cool. I'm currently playing some OlliOlli 2 with it and it feels niiice. Btw, touch based OlliOlli is awesome.

I also picked up a Steam Link today and I'm loving it. I'm using it over 5ghz and I can't feel the latency at all. I'm excited to finally get to play these older games w/o controller support on my big screen. SC+SL, best duo since Mos and Kweli.

Is your Link or Steam client on beta? My Link keeps disconnecting from my PC after a few minutes and then disappears for hours.

mp1990

Banned
The fact that you're assuming that's what the women in SF are primarily used for is quite alarming.
Come on now. I don't want to generalize, and I'm sure that there's a lot women in the SF cast that are full of personality, but there's no denying that some characters and costumes are made just for throwing boobs and asses at your face.

Just to be clear, I'm not against fanservice or anything like that, but a big part of it exist for the sake of pleasing teenagers, not adding anything relevant to the character's complexity.

Annubis

Hektor

Come on now. I don't want to generalize, and I'm sure that there's a lot women in the SF cast that are full of personality, but there's no denying that some characters and costumes are made just for throwing boobs and asses at your face.

Just to be clear I'm not against fanservice or anything like that, but a big part of it exist for the sake of pleasing teenagers, not adding anything relevant to the character's complexity.

While i do see fan service as an issue with characters that i'm supposed to take seriously and should care for (Quiet, Lara Croft), i really have no issue with it in games like SFV or Overwatch. I actually like it tbqh. The characters there don't have a pretended personality like characters in singleplayer games do. They're even before any fan service is involved objectified to hell and back again, simply because they're objects made to do nothing but punch each other in the face.

The only thing worthy of critique that i see in such instances is the fan service beeing targeted at woman most of the time, where men are just left out.

Men should just get some sexy topless skins too.

€: by "targeted at" i mean that it mostly happens to female characters, not that it is made for women. Before any confusion arises.

The gifs being shown in Salsa's Arkham Knight thread has me really wanting to play the game now.

I had absolutely no interest just because I'd been Batmanned out. I'm one of those who thinks Asylum was the best and the move to increasingly more open world collectathon has dulled it.

But I played the other games through and enjoyed my time with them. I just didn't think I needed another one and lumped AK into that. But now... damn: (gif, not a spoiler)

AK3-2.gif

Hektor

The gifs being shown in Salsa's Arkham Knight thread has me really wanting to play the game now.

I had absolutely no interest just because I'd been Batmanned out. I'm one of those who thinks Asylum was the best and the move to increasingly more open world collectathon has dulled it.

But I played the other games through and enjoyed my time with them. I just didn't think I needed another one and lumped AK into that. But now... damn: (gif, not a spoiler)

AK3-2.gif

When i was playing AK with nvidia physics and i entered a safe in one of the missions, i was kicking around money on the ground for like 10 minutes.

While i do see fan service as an issue with characters that i'm supposed to take seriously and should care for (Quiet, Lara Croft), i really have no issue with it in games like SFV or Overwatch. I actually like it tbqh. The characters there don't have a pretended personality like characters in singleplayer games do. They're even before any fan service is involved objectified to hell and back again, simply because they're objects made to do nothing but punch each other in the face.

The only thing worthy of critique that i see in such instances is the fan service beeing targeted at woman most of the time, where men are just left out.

Men should just get some sexy topless skins too.

€: by "targeted at" i mean that it mostly happens to female characters, not that it is made for women. Before any confusion arises.

image.php

Balthuk

So isthereanydeal reports that Rocket League costs 10,70 euros. However if I follow the link it seems to still be full-priced. But even worse, it seems that the code is region locked. Is there any indication on the amazon page that it is locked? (I didn't really see anything) And is there any way I can circumvent this? I was really looking forward to it.
Amazon link

Deques

So isthereanydeal reports that Rocket League costs 10,70 euros. However if I follow the link it seems to still be full-priced. But even worse, it seems that the code is region locked. Is there any indication on the amazon page that it is locked? (I didn't really see anything) And is there any way I can circumvent this? I was really looking forward to it.
Amazon link

I couldn't find any info that the game is region locked. It should be safe to buy from Amazon

Arthea

I don''t like fanservice, but I'm aware that many people do and it is surely not worse than indiscriminate killing or violence in general. People enjoy different things and if we agree that violence in games not necessary has something to do with real life, it would be highly hypocritical to say that fanservice, or boobs or booties or panties or loli or whatever else you guys like or don't like do.
I often wonder where do we actually draw the line. Is absolutely everything is allowed in videogames because they are games. This thought makes me uncomfortable, I still think that some kind of moral paradigm should be present in games too, but what do I know.
So where do you draw the line?

Also I was a bit out of the loop with this thread, because, well, you know why. Anything of essence has happened?

Lain

In regards to that... after I saw the video with all the stuff you can unlock for Tracer (linked in the now closed thread about this) I was surprised the complaint was for that one pose, and not the other one where Tracer bends over. I guess when she bends over, people can't look at her ass? (I have no idea since Blizzard still hasn't allowed me into the beta QQ)

derExperte

Someone wanna create a list of all crappy games that aren't worth being listed as owned? I would like to clean my library from crappy games, but going through 2000+ games is a bit of pain

For a start sort the weeklong deals by user reviews, then go backwards and check what you own. I'm sure you'll find a few stinkers quickly that way.

Or go all out: http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=#sort_by=Reviews_DESC&page=1

I can't believe you people will remember which games you already bought before after cleaning your libraries this way and you will buy them again... without even knowing it!
and I'll laugh at you when you do

Wo gehobelt wird, fallen Späne.

Arthea

I can't believe you people will remember which games you already bought before after cleaning your libraries this way and you will buy them again... without even knowing it!
and I'll laugh at you when you do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom