• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

I can't believe you people will remember which games you already bought before after cleaning your libraries this way and you will buy them again... without even knowing it!
and I'll laugh at you when you do

I just don't buy random games anymore. Same with bundles
Buying less bundles, kinda works for me :)

So, 999 in May, Virtue's Last Reward in June, Banshee's Last Cry in July, Machi in August, 428 in September and Zero Time Dilemma in October?
Please be true

I want a same day and date Steam release for ZTD. Japan is getting it god damn it !! :'"<
At worse, 999 in May, VLR in June, ZTD in July (1 week after handhelds release hehehehe)

*internet high five*

that one you might even not forget you removed!

*internet high five*

And continue with every game on Steam hat has redheads.

tumblr_mp9x81lkP71soxjwco1_500.gif

It's a bad game?

I don't think it's even a game, it's mostly an experience, a really crappy one too.

Knurek

2K games on GOG

–Railroad Tycoon Bundle (-66%) — featuring Sid Meier's Railroads and RailRoad Tycoon 2+3 – also available 50% off individually.
–X-COM Classic Bundle (-75%) — featuring the incomparable X-COM: UFO Defense, Terror from the Deep, Apocalypse, Interceptor, and Enforcer. 50% off individually, too.
–Freedom Force Pack (-66%) — including the original Freedom Force & Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich. But you can get each one at… 50% off!
–Sid Meier's Pirates! (-50%) — the remake that turned the gem into a much shinier gem.

Deques

I have already removed some games, maybe 20 games. Couldn't they make the game removal less painful? I don't know how you managed to remove large quantity of games without losing your mind

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So isthereanydeal reports that Rocket League costs 10,70 euros. However if I follow the link it seems to still be full-priced. But even worse, it seems that the code is region locked. Is there any indication on the amazon page that it is locked? (I didn't really see anything) And is there any way I can circumvent this? I was really looking forward to it.
Amazon link

It's not region-locked; you just need to use a US billing address. That of Google's CA-based HQ is fine as California's sales tax doesn't apply to digital goods.

I'm so glad that 999/VLR/ZTD are coming to steam, been wanting to check them out since forever. Came close to buying them for my 3DS a number of times but couldn't find a cheap copy of 999. Been hunting some old DS games lately but even though they're ancient the prices are ridiculous, then I add shipping costs and always end up not pulling the trigger.

Knurek

I'm so glad that 999/VLR/ZTD are coming to steam, been wanting to check them out since forever. Came close to buying them for my 3DS a number of times but couldn't find a cheap copy of 999. Been hunting some old DS games lately but even though they're ancient the prices are ridiculous, then I add shipping costs and always end up not pulling the trigger.

There's no confirmation (yet?) for 999/VLR.
(Although SpiChu would have to be run by idiots to put ZTD on Steam without prequels).

Arthea

Konami added ponytail to MGO, only 500 MB coins!

they should have added uncensored panties instead and say no to censorship, it also would be very appropriate coming from modern Konami, wouldn't you say?

There's no confirmation (yet?) for 999/VLR.
(Although SpiChu would have to be run by idiots to put ZTD on Steam without prequels).

wait... I thought you don't want 999, because we would get a butchered version (your words, not mine)

who still has MGSV installed even?

Feels like they must have a few whales on board though because i can't understand this steady stream of dlc crap they keep throwing out there

mp1990

Banned
As far as I know, there were two editions of 999, one with the blue boxart, and other, released months later, with the black one; the latter is way cheaper nowadays, with the price ranging from $15 to $30, so if your desire to play it right away is too strong, you could look for one of these copies.

Ludens

Banned

Feels like they must have a few whales on board though because i can't understand this steady stream of dlc crap they keep throwing out there

Dunno, I uninstalled the game almost two months ago. As I wrote, I won't support them with their DLC practice, expecially when you see unpatched bugs from D1 are still here, and other bugs popped out with the release of the last MGO update, one of them, the auto-match balancing, broken and not fixed.
Yes, there are probably people who spend the hell out of money on MB coins, if you go around the steam community hub, you can find people buying 50€ of MB coins often.

As far as I know, there were two editions of 999, one with the blue boxart, and other, released months later, with the black one; the latter is way cheaper nowadays, with the price ranging from $15 to $30, so if your desire to play it right away is too strong, you could look for one of these copies.

I'm assuming the steam release will happen so I'll hold off.
Bringing over ZTD and not prequels wouldn't make any sense.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don''t like fanservice, but I'm aware that many people do and it is surely not worse than indiscriminate killing or violence in general. People enjoy different things and if we agree that violence in games not necessary has something to do with real life, it would be highly hypocritical to say that fanservice, or boobs or booties or panties or loli or whatever else you guys like or don't like do.
I often wonder where do we actually draw the line. Is absolutely everything is allowed in videogames because they are games. This thought makes me uncomfortable, I still think that some kind of moral paradigm should be present in games too, but what do I know.
So where do you draw the line?
I draw the line at the moment when I start to feel uncomfortable.

I have already removed some games, maybe 20 games. Couldn't they make the game removal less painful? I don't know how you managed to remove large quantity of games without losing your mind
That's the problem, you're not supposed to remove stuff, only add more games.

I never installed it in the first place. My old PC couldn't run it, and while my new one can, I still have to go through Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes. The former scares me, if it's anything like the boredom feast that was Portable Ops.

Knurek

wait... I thought you don't want 999, because we would get a butchered version (your words, not mine)

I would prefer not to have iOS port, sure.
If they port the 'gameplay' part of the game, I'd be game. If not, I don't see the sense if the superior DS version can already be played on PC.

I never installed it in the first place. My old PC couldn't run it, and while my new one can, I still have to go through Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes. The former scares me, if it's anything like the boredom feast that was Portable Ops.

Peace Walker's story is anime-levels of stupid buttttttttttt it's a fantastic fucking game otherwise.

Just don't bother with going for the "real" ending after the credits roll. It's a bunch of shitty grinding and you're better off reading about it or just seeing it on youtube.

I loved the 15-20 hours i spent with the HD version of PW and wished that MGSV were as tightly paced and restrained in comparison.

If they port the 'gameplay' part of the game, I'd be game. If not, I don't see the sense if the superior DS version can already be played on PC.

the best solution would be a combination of the HD assets from the ios novelization and the gameplay from the DS version. I would happily pay for that

Sarcasm

Niceeee try out this humble bundle monthly and stick of truth is AU version.

I assume I got the baby version? Why doesn't it say this crap! I don't live in AU!

Arthea

Niceeee try out this humble bundle monthly and stick of truth is AU version.

I assume I got the baby version? Why doesn't it say this crap! I don't live in AU!

you should contact their support and get it sorted, otoh how could you get AU version if your IP is not AU? The version you get is IP based as far as I know.

but our DS version is inferior, no cheevos, cards, high res, anything!

unrelated edit: that charity SE campaign assumes that there are people not having TR2013 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom