• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
And one more.

Assassin's Creed Giveaway

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dupy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate -- MB-91E717156C0691A0 - Taken by SalsaShark. 23 entrants total.

t1459221170z1.png

Initially, in August 2014, the ACCC asked that Valve:

• Provide a PO Box address for consumers to deal with refunds.

*whatyearisit.jif*

Assuming this is the final ruling and Valve complies, it will have more customer service for Australia than it will for the other 190 countries combined.

But the article doesn't mention if this is indeed the end of it, or if Valve is able to appeal or what.

oipic

Hopefully now the AUD will come to Steam. Or they could never add it out of spite.

Yeah, I'd suppose that will happen when the dust settles on these legal shenanigans, but am I being overly pessimistic in thinking that this may not be a good thing? Can see some publishers really pushing the AU/US dollar conversion rate and cashing in.

Inevitable that it'll hit prior to the introduction of GST being made payable on digital goods though, one way or another, be it good or bad.

Yeah, I'd suppose that will happen when the dust settles on these legal shenanigans, but am I being overly pessimistic in thinking that this may not be a good thing? Can see some publishers really pushing the AU/US dollar conversion rate and cashing in.

Inevitable that it'll hit prior to the introduction of GST being made payable on digital goods though, one way or another, be it good or bad.

Without a doubt.

Though NZ seems to get a pretty decent deal so who knows really!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SockyJohnson, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Grim Dawn -- MB-619462F657106C3C - Taken by Dupy. 18 entrants total.

t1459222545z1.png

madjoki

Valve can charge GST on Dollar Prices too. That's what they did for Europe & VAT before Euro's were available on Steam.

Hopefully now the AUD will come to Steam. Or they could never add it out of spite.

I would be very surprised of it didn't come. Valve has nothing to lose anymore.

Salsa

FIVOUl1.png

i'll get this on the SSD as soon as im done with Arkham Knight

it's bound to perform better than that

probably the only way i'd give it a try but I was truly curious for it given the reception and "back to form" comments. Dupy the ubi saver

madjoki

Intel, Micron, Plextor. You can't go wrong with Intel's five-year warranty.

That being said, 200 dollars for a 1TB SSD is not a bad deal, just don't put anything important on it. Data recovery on an SSD costs a fortune.

Or just do backups. HDDs are very cheap & suitable for backups, hell you can even get two for price difference. Since SSDs are most useful for program & games and any personal data can be stored to slower HDD's for important extra data anyway.

Any SSD is still way better than HDD. But difference between SSDs isn't that much.

Grim Dawn -- MB-619462F657106C3C - Taken by Dupy. 18 entrants total.

Dat instant karma.

Salsa

i would have enter if i had a good rig.

at least i can always eventually play the original or AC2

im bettin on at least cappin 30 with the 2gig 680 if I lower stuff

and I mean, Arkham Knight being the previous game to this probably does it a lot of favors

oipic

ModBot has a keen sense of fair play and theatre.

Well played, ModBot, well played. :)

Edit: Enjoy, Dupy! (great to see you here - stop by to chat when you can)

Or just do backups. HDDs are very cheap & suitable for backups, hell you can even get two for price difference. Since SSDs are most useful for program & games and any personal data can be stored to slower HDD's for important extra data anyway.

Any SSD is still way better than HDD. But difference between SSDs isn't that much.
I know, I have 2 SSDs and 3 HDDs in my PC, but I prefer not spending time RMAing my parts.

Decent price/storage ratio, MX200 also has power loss protection. I would have gotten it if not for Intel's price drop.
Got my 250GB MX200 (weird size, why not 256) last summer for 90€. It was by far the best value at that time. Seeing 960GB for 200$ now, wow, prices do drop quick with new tech, doesn't it.
Good thing I use SSD only for OS, Apps and only very select games.

oipic

It's hard to recall or imagine a more fitting, fair or popular win in the ModBot era.

(no, Salsa, not even you and your Assassin's Creed triumph)

Salsa

It's hard to recall or imagine a more fitting, fair or popular win in the ModBot era.

(no, Salsa, not even you and your Assassin's Creed triumph)

I once gave away like a $20 game and got a secret gif of Bad Rats right after

that's my version of this

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
The best giveaway would be for a Oculus/Vive

but behind an obscure anonymous trivia giveaway

That would be amazing

edit: even more so if it were that guy who fakes out giveaways all the time (e.g. tentacle game -> Vanguard Princess), so you end up with a bundle trash key instead.

Salsa

some gaffer workin for Nvidia gifted me a 660ti or something for making a cool summer sale thread tho

and I got that shit and FLIPPED IT INSTANTLY 😎

you lowkey b/s/t scam people, im at the big leagues

I had bought the 680 literally a week before and I asked him beforehand knowing local prices are god awful and sold it at US price. he was a cool guy and I dont even think he really posts

madjoki

Got my 250GB MX200 (weird size, why not 256) last summer for 90€. It was by far the best value at that time. Seeing 960GB for 200$ now, wow, prices do drop quick with new tech, doesn't it.
Good thing I use SSD only for OS, Apps and only very select games.

Technically speaking it is 256GB (in raw capacity but that 6GB is reversed, so there's always some free space to avoid expensive erase operations can be). This is of course cheaper than adding extra nand dies.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Empty Space:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-2E2494CF8A436377 - Taken by Kaper. 2 entrants total.
This War of Mine -- MB-821A1DAE667D72D8 - Taken by user237. 23 entrants total.
Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-DE065B9C0AB44A26 - Taken by Red Hood. 2 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-8650492882E60AA1 - Taken by pislit. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-57B53FF750AB8BA3 - Taken by Lobogris. 6 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut - Classic Edition -- MB-95A676379C936D91 - Taken by JustLynx. 24 entrants total.
Spelunky -- MB-480BD2FD476CB14E - Taken by Soulflarz. 7 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
South Park: The Stick of Truth -- MB-23DC80E0E42E699E - Taken by Popstar. 28 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Talos Principle -- MB-A7495215596C5532 - Taken by EdmondD. 30 entrants total.

t1459234305z1.png

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
some gaffer workin for Nvidia gifted me a 660ti or something for making a cool summer sale thread tho

and I got that shit and FLIPPED IT INSTANTLY 😎

you lowkey b/s/t scam people, im at the big leagues

I had bought the 680 literally a week before and I asked him beforehand knowing local prices are god awful and sold it at US price. he was a cool guy and I dont even think he really posts

Hey Nvidia if you're reading this I'll be the biggest shill possible for some free shit.

does anyone here use chrome with Ubuntu? I have this issue where theres a white line of pixels at the bottom of the screen and its really frustrating, its only an issue with chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom