• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So PS4K launching 3 1/2 years after the PS4? 6 years between PS4 and PS5, with announcement 5 years in possibly? So will this be the first console gen I completely skip? The only PS4 exclusive I'm excited over is Uncharted, and given that it'll get a PS5 port most likely, I feel like I can wait.

Yeah, if it's true this might be the worst console generation ever.

There's been nothing fantastic on the PS4 imo, Bloodbourne did nothing for me, and now they're "replacing" it?

AHA-Lambda

Looking at gaming right now.

tumblr_inline_mq0ncqZyJO1qz4rgp.gif

I can't figure out how Adam Jensen's coat works.

It makes his shoulders so giant and displaces his arms by some length.

I hope Eidos spent a little more on the animations in Mankind Divided, everybody in HR moved like action figures

Hero shooters... or just Overwatch? Because I suspect it won't even be close in the upcoming Hero Shooter Warz.

that's not fucking fair though Blizz has dat marketing power lol

Regginator

since we're talking about ram, what is better if you're primarily gaming? 16gb 1600mhz or 8gb 2400mhz? 16gb 2400mhz seems to be a little too expensive for my taste.

I hope Eidos spent a little more on the animations in Mankind Divided, everybody in HR moved like action figures

that's not fucking fair though Blizz has dat marketing power lol

Yeah, DXHR's animations and cinematic elements have been waaay rougher than I was expecting going in. Lots of fighting game-style idle animations for characters and bad camera angles during cinematics. Also, if you melee people, brace for repeat-o-animations!

I can see why everyone likes the game, though. It's really charming and fun. It's probably the most fun I've had stealth-ing in a video game since Mark of the Ninja.

And re: Blizzard, it's never fair. They've aiming to take TF2's market and I don't see how they can fail against the generic onslaught before them.

Flandy

Yeah, that's fine.

Edit: Today I learned that jshackles was in Baywatch.

So I added it to my PC Part Picker and got this note

The PNY Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory operating voltage of 1.6V exceeds the Intel Sandy Bridge CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.

How much would that affect things?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finished Cubetractor which was super neat, but I had to skip one of the optional levels / puzzles because it was doing my head in and I couldnt find a solution online and I cba hammering my dick against the wall, I do enough of that with the Souls games. Still, really cool, and relatively short (steam says 4 hours, more if you go for perfect score on each level Im sure) if you want to rack up some points with the 52 games in a year thing

Cubetractor%2BEasy.gif

heres what you do in the game, just a basic example. the last combo which createst a grid makes turrets on those spots shoot faster. its neat.

Dr.Acula

Banned
can someone ELI5 wtf gamergate is?

A man got upset that his GF moved on, found out she fooled around with a guy who worked in games media, made up a story that the guy only gave her a favorable review because of the undisclosed sexual relationship (in reality, there was no review), and a bunch of men's rights/red pill* people declared war on women "ethics in games journalism."

*red pill: a group that claims that men need to "wake up" to the fact that the world is controlled by women's interests, named for a pivotal scene from the movie The Matrix, a film written and directed by two trans-women.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I added it to my PC Part Picker and got this note

The PNY Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory operating voltage of 1.6V exceeds the Intel Sandy Bridge CPU recommended maximum of 1.5V+5% (1.575V). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1.5V voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the Intel recommended maximum.

How much would that affect things?

I'd be legitimately shocked if:

A) You couldn't run it at 1.6V, or
B) You couldn't run the RAM at 2133MHz at 1.5v

Many, many Sandy Bridge users had/ve RAM configurations that exceed 1.5v or even 1.6v. The previous 16GB kit I had was 1.6v.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
A man got upset that his GF moved on, found out she fooled around with a guy who worked in games media, made up a story that the guy only gave her a favorable review because of the undisclosed sexual relationship (in reality, there was no review), and a bunch of men's rights/red pill* people declared war on women "ethics in games journalism."

*red pill: a group that claims that men need to "wake up" to the fact that the world is controlled by women's interests, named for a pivotal scene from the movie The Matrix, a film written and directed by two trans-women.

Jesus wept

I wish I never asked. WTF is wrong with people?

oipic

Jesus wept

I wish I never asked. WTF is wrong with people?

Indeed - it's everything that's wrong with 'gaming culture', if indeed you can call it that - I'd like to think they're not at all indicative of the majority, and are just a small (?) homo neanderthalensis group with a half-baked agenda and not a lot of intelligence or critical thought to back it up.

Flandy

I'd be legitimately shocked if:

A) You couldn't run it at 1.6V, or
B) You couldn't run the RAM at 2133MHz at 1.5v

Many, many Sandy Bridge users had/ve RAM configurations that exceed 1.5v or even 1.6v. The previous 16GB kit I had was 1.6v.

Thanks for the help. Ordered

AHA-Lambda

The stories and machinations of gamergate are so dense at this point you literally could write a book on it.

The sad part is the first person to do it will probably be pro-GG.

Hektor

All i can say about this is, that i'm really sorry for the people at GamersGate and all the confusion they must have suffered over the years.

I'm surprised they haven't renamed themselfs.

Both sides in the whole shit that is "Gamergate" are pretty trash.

On both sides they got some valid points but I would never call myself pro or anti because that implies I want to be associated with either side.

MUnited83

For you.

On both sides they got some valid points but I would never call myself pro or anti because that implies I want to be associated with either side.

Nah, not really. Stop with the bothsideisms. There's GG, the pieces of shit human scum, and then there's normal people. Nothing wrong with normal people.

Vamphuntr

One side bully innocent people, send death threat and actively campaigns for people to lose their jobs for no reason outside of their own personal delusions. There isn't two equal side to this.

PCGamer presents: every game releasing in 2016 as anticipated? Because geez.

No, man, Gamergate isn't an argument, but a hate group; there's only one side within it, and it's the wrong side. By all accounts, they're on some depressing quest to destroy everything anyone holds dear. The harm and cybersocial setbacks they've caused will take years, if not decades, to repair.

It's been a tragedy every step of the way. And it doesn't seem to be finished yet... which is why we have gifs to lighten the mood.
2aN746W.gif

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I think most normal people are okay with being on the one side of the argument.

just got my 2014 tax refund

Congrats on letting the government hold that money over the course of the year as a zero interest loan from you?

zkylon

zkylewd
been following 1979 revolution for a bit, it's like a telltale-like game set in iran which is pretty interesting i think

production values look pretty decent in this video

Considering the sheer amount of time that goes towards their esportz featurez during press conferences, definitely. Doubly so for Halo since their streamer numbers are nil the rest of the time as well, save for being front page featured.
i mean, i'm sure mister call of duty takes it pretty easy considering each game makes like half a billion. halo guy is probably like pretty chill with his numbers too

i'm sure they'd love to get their games to be esports but esports games are generally not annual $60 releases (except street fighter but idk, fighting games are weird) so they clearly made the choice that makes them the most money

i mean, esports are mostly about pushing game copies and skins (and in cs go's case, getting people into steam), so if they already got that covered with being freaking call of duty i don't think they're too concerned with cs: go doing pretty great in the esports stuff

i think if they were they would actually try to make an esports game :T

well...halo doesn't sell anymore

and call of duty is getting phased out by destiny and hero shooters lol
???????????

what are you smoking dood halo and call of duty still sells silly

Perhaps I should have written that different and/or my information on the whole matter is outdated.

But with 2 sides I meant as GG and very vocal anti-GG(like threats and harassment) who think just because somebody agrees a little bit with GG that they are WITH them(and attack them).

That is what I meant by 2 sides and why I don't want to be associated with any of the 2.

Of course I haven't kept up with all of this since I don't want to give 2 shits about and this clarification will be the last thing I will be posting about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom