• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
It's really fucked to think that 6 million+ PS+ downloads doesn't net you enough money to keep your servers up, that's insane to think about, I can't imagine what the other lesser know indies make...
I think it's like what Jasec said that Sony probably only pays them quarterly - and they had very little money left from developing the game.

derExperte

Depressingly I knew I had 6GB of RAM but didn't know how it was arranged...I'd assumed 4 and 2. So having just checked purely because of these posts about 6GB's...

I feel betrayed...

No, that's good. Always buy RAM in pairs because then they'll use Dual Channel. The speed win isn't big but it's there. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-channel_memory_architecture#Dual-channel_architecture

Ace....thanks for teaching me something new and cheering me up a bit!

No problem.

Now throw those puny 6GB in the trash and get 16.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Hey, I can run 4k60 on a lot of games on my 970. Which is somewhat comparable to PS4k specs that we know of.
(Just, you know, nothing AAA)

How is a 970 twice a PS4 GPU?
I do not think they will get the performance of a 970 on an APU for between $400 and $500 lol
Or is AMD hiding some secret technology which they will only sell to SONY for less margin than what they could get by selling it themselves?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
???

PS4: 1.84 TFlops
PS4k: supposedly 2 times the performance, so ~3.7 TFlops (split between CPU and GPU, but oh well)
GTX970: 3.5 TFlops

He's not doubting the approximate napkin maths. He doubts Sony can get a ~3.7TF card into a USD$400 system without it being sold at a loss.

Edit: Beaten.

???

PS4: 1.84 TFlops
PS4k: supposedly 2 times the performance, so ~3.7 TFlops (split between CPU and GPU, but oh well)
GTX970: 3.5 TFlops

You're comparing Orange and Apples. If it's an AMD GPU, you need to compare it with an AMD GPU in term of flops. This would be roughly below a R9 280x.

mp1990

Banned
Great my PS4 is out of date now, and is basically useless to me after UC4 hits =/

I barely play it anyway so there's no reason for me to upgrade, saving me some money, but man my PS4 purchase was just a waste =/

Watch Bloodborne 2 be exclusive to PS4K >_>
The idea of getting rid of my PS4 once Persona 5 hits (or, if in a stroke of luck, Atlus decides to release it on Steam) sounds more tempting by the day. Aside from that and Ratchet & Clank, there's nothing left in it for me, as I couldn't care less for their "mature" franchises, so why bother.

I probably should beat Bloodborne before selling it though

Salsa

i'll say this about syndicate so far

I like the new mechanics. being able to "free run down" and the new combat is way better

then again reason im liking it so far is probably cause im on a linear intro mission and barely climbing anything

Hektor

I dunno, i'll continue to wait for official confirmation.

The personal issue i have is that all of the games i bought my PS4 for, save for bloodborne, still haven't released yet.

I was prepared for the fact that at the point of their release, the PS4 will already be cheaper and that i've wasted some money.

What i wasn't prepared for, was the fact that at the point of their releaser there will already be a better PS4 with better IQ, Graphics or Framerate.

That would really make me salty if true.

Is it financially worthwhile to have your game as part of a bundle?

Considering I'm still selling Steam base game copies today, plus it's our best day since ever so far and there are still twenty more days to go, and we're just a small indie, it's worth it to us. We've been selling a lot of DLC from people that bought off IG, too.

We did the math when they originally approached us and found that it was in our best interest. Very much in our best interest.

rtcn63

I bought my PS4 late last year to play Bloodborne. On the plus side, I got to play Bloodborne. On the negative side, I can't duct tape a second PS4 to this one. Well I can, but it wouldn't really achieve much.

Phinor

Well I was pessimistic about Rollercoaster Tycoon World but now that the early access version is available, I have to say it's a very competent game. I only played it for about an hour but it doesn't seem to lack any big features, in fact it feels like a complete game with plenty of content. It doesn't however do anything special, it's literally just Rollercoaster Tycoon game. Also performance isn't very consistent but that's something they can hopefully focus on during the early access.

I don't play early access games that often but this one I'll at least put on follow and see how community reacts to the game and how developers address issues that pop up. At the moment half the discussion seems to be a fight between RTW and Planet Coaster fans without any substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom