• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

And a 4K texture pack for the PC, which is slipped in at the very end. I'll probably hit the pause button on my current playthrough as I only have ~35% to go, which is both not much but still a sizeable chunk. Might as well enjoy full-res textures for the last leg.

how does it run compared to Unity?

Assuming you played Unity on PC, of course

Comparably demanding at max settings but scales better to lesser hardware.

Soulflarz

Banned
And a 4K texture pack for the PC, which is slipped in at the very end. I'll probably hit the pause button on my current playthrough as I only have ~35% to go, which is both not much but still a sizeable chunk. Might as well enjoy full-res textures for the last leg.

I'm jealous of your 4k monitor :<

Gaming right now.

FpcN8fN.gif

Comparably demanding at max settings but scales better to lesser hardware

I havent played one of these games in a long time

according to ass-creed-only player Jason Jasey Jase C Unity looked better and had better AA options

Sounds good, I only have Unity and Syndicate left and i'll finally be caught up with the series for the first time since Brotherhood came out. Looking forward to checking Unity out!

i think

Amzin

I barely have time to (not really) keep up with this thread. I glanced into Gaming and realize I have no idea how to identify if anything is going on outside the norm :p

"Just a bunch of threads and people posting in them. Yep. *sips coffee*"

catabarez

Beat DotT. Never played it before and I love good point and click adventure games. It was really fun and most of the puzzles actually made sense!

jediyoshi

0kyUbjA.png

+60k ingame spectators

I wish I could see the frustrated look on all the Halo/COD executives faces on how their shooters can't pull in these esports numbers

Phawx

Holy shit, I didn't realize Tomb Raider RotTB supported DX12. I put it at 4k@ultra settings and did some quick benches via the built-in bench utility. Quick and dirty, here is my rig

single R9 290
Dual X5667 @ 3.4Ghz
DDR3 Triple Channel

DirectX 12 disabled: 18 FPS (average across all scenes)

DirectX 12 enabled: 28FPS (average across all scenes)

That's a HUGE 50% jump.

Edit: Launched GoW Ultimate to see if they included DX12 but I don't see the option. Either an update to the game or the latest AMD drivers resolves all of the frame rate problems it had previously. 4k@ultra also does 30FPS stable, would be interesting to see if I could get DX12 results.

JaseC

Thinking of upgrading my RAM to 16 since I'm currently at 8. I can't even find my old RAM on amazon anymore. Can I mix different brands of ram? I assume I can't mix speed or CL. Should I just get a brand new set of RAM to avoid confusion? Was thinking of getting this
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J8E8Y5C/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You can mix brands and speeds. Timings don't really matter. Obviously, though, if you have, say, 2x4GB of DDR3-1600 RAM and 2x4GB of DDR3-2133 RAM, then you'll limited to 1600MHz in dual-channel mode -- your RAM will only be as fast as the weakest link.

Flandy

jediyoshi

i doubt halo and call of duty executives have any reason to be frustrated about anything lol

Considering the sheer amount of time that goes towards their esportz featurez during press conferences, definitely. Doubly so for Halo since their streamer numbers are nil the rest of the time as well, save for being front page featured.

JaseC

Dr.Acula

Banned
So PS4K launching 3 1/2 years after the PS4? 6 years between PS4 and PS5, with announcement 5 years in possibly? So will this be the first console gen I completely skip? The only PS4 exclusive I'm excited over is Uncharted, and given that it'll get a PS5 port most likely, I feel like I can wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom