• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take em.
ModBot said:
Instructions for RunWhiteBoyRun:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RunWhiteBoyRun, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

K7GXagI.png

Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic -- MB-A2261839C8A05F38 - Taken by tuxfool. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic-II -- MB-95D8627E8ABC55F1 - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.

t1456882135z1.png

Dsyndrome

My settlement for the PSN breach class action from a few years ago just came in my email, forgot that I signed up for that.

I would say that I wish STEAM had those kind of issues I could take advantage of, but I really don't.

kagamin

Notch stirrin' up some shit on Twitter...
Edit: Looks like I'm late to the party.

Don't know whether to play PoE, Valkyria Chronicles, or SOMA tonight since I don't have to study for a test for a change, probably one of the latter two since I'm on a kick to play games I haven't touched since 2015.

Also, so much hate for Castlevania: LoS earlier. Y'all obviously don't enjoy the smooth, mellow voice of Captain Picard narrating your journey to wherever. Also, loved the final boss, wasn't expecting that whatsoever.

Valkyria Chronicles, do it for the god of death and bread Alicia.

Dr.Acula

Banned
to this day I still don't understand the beef with gamer gate. its likt this thing about journalist integrity but also about woman as well? really weird stuff. If I remember correctly it had something to do with that anita woman who in all honesty I think should be one of the few people who should not have threads dedicated to her because everything that woman says genuinely sounds like shes just seeking attention and is just trying to rile up ppl's jimmies.

Gamer Gate is basically about a dude who got really angry and jealous about a girl who he perceived as having sex behind his back with anyone she talked to. He then posted a bunch of personal correspondence and psychotically over analyzed it 500 Days of Summer style and called for a sustained harassment campaign against his ex.

Anita Sarkeesian is a critic who makes analysis videos on games from a feminist perspective. People get reeeeaaaaally angry when you make a scholarly, critical analysis of publicly available works.

Shit, did anybody see this?

Market holds will begin on March 9th, you can avoid holds and protect your account by enabling the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator now.

What is a trade or market hold?
A hold is a period of time where items are held by Steam before a trade is completed or a Market listing is posted.

Items holds help protect your items
Steam accounts are valuable, especially if they have items worth stealing. If you haven't protected your account with a physical device (the Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator), a trade hold will give you time to discover your account has been compromised and to prevent your items from leaving your account.

A delay to catch and stop item theft
If a user trading away or selling items hasn't had their account protected by a Mobile Authenticator for the past 7 days:

Trades: item delivery from completed trades will be delayed by Steam for up to 3 days
Market: starting March 9th, sell listings will be held by Steam before they are posted, for up to 15 days

This provides the user time to cancel any pending transactions they didn't authorize.

Cancelling trades that are pending or in a trade hold will begin a trading cooldown on your account to prevent any further unauthorized attempts to trade away items. There is no cooldown for cancelling market listings.

Remove the need for item holds
Using a Mobile Authenticator ensures that you and only you can trade or sell your items quickly and securely, so holds are no longer necessary.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
For me it's not the restrictions that bother me, whatever, it's that the mobile authenticator doesn't work well. If they supported Google Auth or SMS authentication through Authy or whatever there'd be no problem.

For me it's not the restrictions that bother me, whatever, it's that the mobile authenticator doesn't work well. If they supported Google Auth or SMS authentication through Authy or whatever there'd be no problem.

I'm very wary of using their mobile applications altogether. We all know how it launched 2 or 3 years ago and then was completely abandoned until sometime in the middle of last year when someone at Valve decided to start working on it again. It's entirely possible those people get bored by it and move on to something else and then what happens if some functionality is broken by an Android update or something like that? It could take days or weeks for them to fix it and until then people using the authenticator could be hosed.

What's up with the trade delay? Is it an additional delay after the previous one, or just a remember?
That market delay is so savage though. :/

The 3 day delay has been around for a few months now. It gets cut down to 1 day if you've had your trading partner in your friends list for a year I think. They're just reiterating the existing rule.

notch is just lashing out, acting impulsively and saying thing he doesn't mean because Uncharted 4 was delayed again, it's a completely understandable reaction.

Drakhyrr

Bought the $1 tier of the Star Wars Humble Bundle on a whim, thinking about raising the donation later.

Headed over to Steam, and every DOS game in this bundle has reviews recommending getting the game from GOG instead for good reasons.

I think I should have held my dollar. I didn't activate anything yet, may even request a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom