• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I don't think she aims to rile people up, she has legitimate insights into how media distorts the view of women. She's not out there saying anything inflammatory or defaming, she's just criticizing game design and story choices. If that's something that "riles" people, it's on them. There's no reason to send death threats to a woman because she says Mario rescuing a princess is reinforcing stereotypes and maybe that's something that's problematic to reinforce over and over again to children. She has interesting points that make you think. She's not slapping Mario games out of peoples hands or calling for a ban or anything.
Yeah i disagree with a bunch of her points and views but she does make some interesting insights

Is there a reason NOT to use the Steam Beta?
I mean aside from playing Disgaea, unless they already fixed it and I'm slow.

Occasionally it's buggy but otherwise it's fine, I've been using it for about as long as I can remember and haven't had any real problems with it.

neonglow

Here's some extras I have.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (neonglow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-D1A6E240B8BF6CC5 - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-DD0BB72BE0AFFFB4 - Taken by SirMossyBloke. 2 entrants total.

t1456898816z1.png

Dsyndrome

Anyone want to be friends on GOG? I know a lot of folks can't stand there for whatever reason, but it is what it is
(and the GOG thread is a little less dead than the Playstation Network Thread).

I'm guessing that publishers are not beholden to adhere to or acknowledge the bundle clause/rule/whatever that came out today. How many folks believe Bethesda is going to let you get one DLC you're missing from their endeavors?

zkylon

zkylewd
sometimes after a particularly stressing game of league it's nice to go back to something relaxing

UvthKTS.png

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Yeah, I also found the shadow/light area too easy. But don't fret the later halves of the game get actually challenging.
Pretty much, when you understand how you do the shadows it will take like 5 min or less to go through them all.

Fuck Tetris blocks though.

Khronico

Just want to let you all know I jumped back into TiTS.

Finished up the prologue after 4hrs and am now on Chapter 1.

You've already heard the usual Trails fans gush about it so I don't really need to elaborate on why it's a good video game.

It's really good.

You should play it.

zkylon

zkylewd
i actually just solved it cos that's kind of how it works, you show it to ppl and suddenly things just align and you solve it

i'm gonna blame this one on the game tho, the solution to this specific panel in the series had some issues

also yeah, considering i've done like 380 puzzles and i feel like i've completed most of the visible parts of island, and i know for a fact there's actually like 700 of them, i'm pretty fucking curious where the hell are those gonna be

Pretty much, when you understand how you do the shadows it will take like 5 min or less to go through them all.

Fuck Tetris blocks though.
i mean, that's like the third to last or something, so i know how to solve these puzzles, some stuff about this one was just unclear

zkylon

zkylewd
now this puzzle

IIMokpW.png

i've walked through this puzzle two dozen times

it still makes zero sense to me

(nothing of what i'm posting is spoilers btw)

accel

Trying to put a card onto market, got this:

"Note: beginning on March 9th your market listings will be held for: 15 days
You have not been using the Mobile Authenticator for 7 days
Learn more about how to remove the need for market listing holds"

The last sentence is a link that leads nowhere (to my inventory).

WTF? I am not using the Mobile Authenticator at all, yes, does that mean it is now a requirement to use it or my listings will be held for 15 days??

PS: Found it, yes, I have to use the Mobile Authenticator now.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So Stardew walley is at 100k on Steamspy now.
I also picked it up yesterday hoping to be able to get some time into it when I come home today.

kagamin

So Stardew walley is at 100k on Steamspy now.
I also picked it up yesterday hoping to be able to get some time into it when I come home today.

That's really cool, I'm honestly thinking about picking it up as soon as I get those other games I've been clamoring for.

Pachimari

Surprised I didn't have anything else but Knights of the Old Republic I & II in the Star Wars Humble Bundle. Pretty nice. Bought the $10-tier.

Also, I don't think I'm gonna take any chances on my Amazon US account, and might cancel my Hitman pre-order at $15 today.

Deques

Surprised I didn't have anything else but Knights of the Old Republic I & II in the Star Wars Humble Bundle. Pretty nice. Bought the $10-tier.

Also, I don't think I'm gonna take any chances on my Amazon US account, and might cancel my Hitman pre-order at $15 today.

What could happen? I don't think anything bad will happen

So in the end, it's the customers who are the victims in this dispute between publisher and developer :/

Pachimari

Owz, I see the SteamVR category is gone from my library. Finally.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Madridista:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II -- MB-48CF8A54C0FA983C - Taken by Red Hood. 9 entrants total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-ABD0C77CCA034294 - Taken by fertygo. 6 entrants total.

t1456916996z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
BrBQ2qP.png

i feel like i may be nearing the end of the witness, idk

i'm missing some things in the town and the sound puzzles, and i haven't done anything from the ship, but i'm not sure there's that much left for me to discover as far as straight panel puzzles go, and i've peeked into what's past the mountain and i feel like i don't wanna deal with that until i've finished everything up in the surface, specially when i know there's some stuff i haven't done or finished

i'm still at 380~ puzzles since i was stuck in like the last two or three of a couple different areas i finished today (shadows and japanese temple thing), so i'm just floored by how much stuff i supposedly haven't seen

also i got two more
videos
to go (i guess i'll spoilertag that, it was kind of surprising when i saw it tho i had it spoiled in a review video) and i still don't know what the
arrow puzzles on the floor
do and i have a ton more collectibles to get so there's still an insane amount of content for me to go through

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That, in Far Cry 4, you can't throw bait to distract dogs without also attracting some attention from guards is utterly ridiculous. It's a dog. It's going to wander off and do its own thing from time to time.

kagamin

That, in Far Cry 4, you can't throw bait to distract dogs without also attracting some attention from guards is utterly ridiculous. It's a dog. It's going to wander off and do its own thing from time to time.

If you're planning on doing a review remember that I guess. :p

dex3108

Well you could say that dog is trained so as soon as it goes to check something guards think that something is fishy :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you're planning on doing a review remember that I guess. :p

Thumbs down; AI responds unrealistically to typical dog mannerisms.

Well you could say that dog is trained so as soon as it goes to check something guards think that something is fishy :D

But that's the thing: the dogs wander around the place by default and yet throwing bait instantly triggers a suspicious state among guards. You could dump it 20 meters away from anybody and completely out of sight to no avail.

Usually this isn't a problem, but this "Outpost Master" side-mission has a fairly ridiculous point requirement for gold that is completely impossible to get without air/chain/knife throw takedowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom