• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Acula

Banned
If NMS has PSVR support it's worth 60 bucks for sure.

But anyway, from what I've seen it looks to be a pretty expansive game, and with it getting that Sony treatment, there was no way this wasn't going to be full price.

Hopefully day 1 Vive/Rift support and good implementation.

AHA-Lambda

No EA booth and now no Activision booth on E3 this year. Man that space will be empty XD

Frankly they don't need one, all they do is Skylanders, CoD (which will get shown off at Sony) and Destiny (probly the same) anyway.

What else?
Blizzard is it's own thing
King stuff would never get shown at E3
MLG? Could get a mention in conjunction with CoD
Licensed stuff that will get no exposure, that's kinda the point of their model
And Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk are now both dead

EDIT: ended up cross posting this now to make the point :p

Ludens

Banned
People wasting money on No man's sky when they can buy two copies of Gears of War Ultimate instead. This world is done.

Regginator

i'm thinking of getting the star wars bundle, but dat bta tho. i'm only interested in knights 1 and 2 (never played them), but they go on sale pretty frequently for $2-ish each. zero interest whatsoever in the other games, i'd be all over this if both were tier 1.

chronomac

I don't know what's worse, people saying the pricepoint is bad BECAUSE IT IS INDIE!!1! or people defending the price with the fact that you can theoretically play it for hundred hours like the length of the game is all that matters

I don't know if I'm defending the amount of content so much as I am defending the devs for considering $60 to be a fair ask for what they've built. It looks like a AAA game to me, for whatever that entails.

And, as with anything, if you wait long enough it'll be the right price for you (however much that is).

yuraya

It will take you 5 billion years to fully explore the universe in NMS.

ITS THE MOST INNOVATIVE EXPLORATION GAME IN YEARS!!!!!

Pre-Order now

Hektor

I don't know if I'm defending the amount of content so much as I am defending the devs for considering $60 to be a fair ask for what they've built. It looks like a AAA game to me, for whatever that entails.

And, as with anything, if you wait long enough it'll be the right price for you (however much that is).

Nah, that wasn't directed at you. I was thinking of some of the people in the NMS thread that imply the price is entirely justified soley through the amount of time one can spend with it, which i find to be a weak argument, since i'd rather play an amazing 10 hour game than an okayish 100 hours game if i had to choose.

out of all the cards in disgaea the one i didn't get from playing ends up being the most expensive by a good 20 cents, and its Flonne... why god, why? I knew it would either be etna or flonne who would be worth the most just cause they're anime + girls, i was hoping so bad that those would be the 2 that I got from playing. The price needs to drop quick pls, I'm not spending 50 cents on a damn card

Dr.Acula

Banned
Just pick a system / platform that supports your sensibilities and use your dollars to support it. You don't have to play everything.

My only issue is that I know Sony has Uncharted and Killzone, and Microsoft has Gears of War and Halo, but these new VR environments are nabbing exclusives and creating new IPs every day. How am I going to know if Bethesda goes exclusive in the future? Why should this even be a worry on PC? This is the old 3DFX/nVidia days all over again.

My only issue is that I know Sony has Uncharted and Killzone, and Microsoft has Gears of War and Halo, but these new VR environments are nabbing exclusives and creating new IPs every day. How am I going to know if Bethesda goes exclusive in the future? Why should this even be a worry on PC? This is the old 3DFX/nVidia days all over again.

Everyone is just trying to catch the new wave. Just like the Wii got all these exclusives. If they don't sell, then they will come back to traditional platforms.

Ozium

Were people expecting anything different, considering the scale of the game? I mean, are we at this point where if a game comes out and it's more than, say, $15 a bunch of people are going to lose their shit, regardless of how much or how good the content is?

I still don't understand people's reaction to The Witness being $40. I think a lot of that died down when people started playing but even then it made no sense. It's a ton of game from a great designer.

because you can get parkan 2 in bundles and this is just a less janky version of that

def sim

Obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K6t77a9Rw0

I'd consider $15 or less from nuuvem to get it close to release so I can laugh at some of these types of naming shenanigans and perhaps contribute my own... but $60? Yeah, have fun with that, hope it works out for you. There are very few games I'd pay $60 for. Most of them are developed by FROM. :lol

If it turns out to be something like what's shown in that video, then I'll pass until it's at a price point I'm comfortable with. No biggie. Like I said earlier, I expect a lot from a space and planet exploration game. :p

Also, I'm fine with full priced games because we never pay that price on the PC platform. We'll find it discounted at ~$46 at worst, I'm sure.

FLD

out of all the cards in disgaea the one i didn't get from playing ends up being the most expensive by a good 20 cents, and its Flonne... why god, why? I knew it would either be etna or flonne who would be worth the most just cause their anime + girls, i was hoping so bad that those would be the 2 that I got from playing. The price needs to drop quick pls, I'm not spending 50 cents on a damn card

Yeah, I wanted to craft the badges for this and Danganronpa but then I saw the card prices. Getting the level 5 badges is way too much money to waste on this...

I don't know what's worse, people saying the pricepoint is bad BECAUSE IT IS INDIE!!1

the price point is bad because I still don't understand the gameplay. sure they talk about what you can do but they don't actually show it. Also what they've shown looks pretty boring, looks like a better looking minecraft and i think minecraft(as in what they describe what the gameplay is like with building ur base on a planet and shit like that) is easily one of the most boring mainstream games ever.

998 Steam games.... what should my 1000 be?

Animu is out of the question
What a funny coincidence I just happened to pass 1000 as well. I had the Hexcells bundle (bought prior to Hexcells Infinite releasing so only two games instead of three) in my inventory so redeemed that at 998 (I'd not done so before because no trading cards...I do sometimes play games, honest)...of course then came along Humble Bundle week 2 to provide two games anyway so 1000 didn't last a long time.

out of all the cards in disgaea the one i didn't get from playing ends up being the most expensive by a good 20 cents, and its Flonne... why god, why? I knew it would either be etna or flonne who would be worth the most just cause their anime + girls, i was hoping so bad that those would be the 2 that I got from playing. The price needs to drop quick pls, I'm not spending 50 cents on a damn card
If you're playing the long game slap in a buy order at a price you want to pay and probably the summer sale will see it happen from a spike in supply (then don't look at the market and find it was a sinking ship) unless you asked for too little or there too many people higher in the pecking order.

Alternatives are pray to be blessed with a booster pack, sell booster pack (as opening is only a 67.2% chance of getting it) and buy the missing card.

I still wonder if certain cards being expensive is really "I'd like to have that in my inventory" (aka Charizard) or if there is some RNG. Most trading card games don't have equal chances of any cards why should we assume Steam is the same?

Dr Dogg

Windows 10's built in screen capture might be serviceable using the guide button but 90% of my shots have a flipping mouse cursor in the middle of them!

10 year old game but it is actually remastered.
That covers that.

10 year old game, that is more of a middle ground between remaster and remake (well it's more than a simple remaster but becuase it's using the old UE3 build as a base it's not quite a full remake), that is really only 6 months old, had an initial RRP of £45, I snagged it for £20 (well for nothing because I had a stockpile of vouchers) in November 3 months after release and can now be had for £12.49 on Amazon.co.uk. The spectrum is complete!

At least 2/3 of a No Man's Sky, better known as a The Witness. Remasters rarely launch for less than $40 these days.

Well it's $10 in India on the Win10 store.

Well it's $10 in India on the Win10 store.

Yeah, but by all accounts, you can't change regions to buy it anymore. They seem to have shut that down.

But on console you got three other games for 10€ more.

What, the original trilogy on x360 via backwards compatibility I'm guessing?

If so... I have the physical copies somewhere in the few games I kept for my x360. I don't need to spend another $10 to get digital copies of games I already own to play on either (1) the console I already own them for or (2) a console I do not plan on every buying via backwards compatibility.

Ludens

Banned
Yeah, but by all accounts, you can't change regions to buy it anymore. They seem to have shut that down.

What, the original trilogy on x360 via backwards compatibility I'm guessing?

If so... I have the physical copies somewhere in the few games I kept for my x360. I don't need to spend another $10 to get digital copies of games I already own to play on either (1) the console I already own them for or (2) a console I do not plan on every buying via backwards compatibility.
Yeah, but for people like me missing all games it was a great deal. Also there were 4 additional games, not three: GOW 1, 2, 3 and Judgement.

Jawmuncher

Well we know Resident Evil should be having a franchise sale sometime this month for the anniversary. So if you're eyeing any RE games I'd wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom