• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
man i remember when i got this job i decided that i was gonna like dedicate 5% of my monthly pay to like backing kickstarter projects. i did it for a few months but i feel like there's nothing on kickstarter i'm into these days

i should probably late-back la mulana 2 now that i think about it, but i kind of hate how they've gated costumes behind like backer tiers. i need ALL of those costumes, playing barbies is kind of what videogames is all about damn it...

zkylon
zkylewd
(Today, 10:09 PM)

I wonder why!
can't fight my morbidly curious nature

it's just who i am

don't try to change me

you monster

Sober

header.jpg
header.jpg

???
Too bad all the interesting settings there aren't in the 3D games.

Premium account for TF2, then boot the game.

I'm still confused. Since I got TF2 via the Orange Box and I have maked a purchase from the Mann Co. Store. and have recently loaded up TF2. I should have a premium account already yet I still have ~20 items I can't sell.

zkylon

zkylewd
Too bad all the interesting settings there aren't in the 3D games.

not sure if i'd say all the 3d settings are boring but it certainly feels like a pity not having the proper super 3d high resolution realized cities for like russia and india and chian

Corpekata

Banned
I'm still confused. Since I got TF2 via the Orange Box and I have maked a purchase from the Mann Co. Store. and have recently loaded up TF2. I should have a premium account already yet I still have ~20 items I can't sell.

Weapons and whatnot can't be sold. Only marketable stuff is generally promotion stuff, like the shades, or items you'd get for owning/preordering a game.

Kinda makes sense given the nature of the game though. Majority of the appeal is in the MP stuff that likely would not be able to be experienced fully before launch.

At a minimum, I would have expected Ubi to turn the servers on a week before release and let some outlets play it.

Well Gears is dead already. Looks like the 30 people that bought the game only want to play Social TDM, only takes like 30 seconds to get in there. I sit in que for 10-20 minutes for Warzone and Execution.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just get Primal and mod TPP view into it then. :)
Have you really finished all other AssCreeds? Not 'given up since Uplay ate your save' finished, '100% completion' finished?

Well, I didn't chase down the collectables in the original since the game doesn't really track them and you can technically hit 100% sync by simply progressing through the campaign, but otherwise yes.

Got you covered. Even has the Renaissance setting too!

Which should probably give away what that link actually is before clicking on it.

I think it was dex who made that joke back when the game was announced, haha.

Lomax

Preview for The Division's release: the servers will break, some features will be missing, and the game in six months will be nothing like it was at launch. Welcome to every mmo ever. Do you really need a review to tell you that?

Corpekata

Banned
At a minimum, I would have expected Ubi to turn the servers on a week before release and let some outlets play it.

I'm sure they could but I mean, the "dark zone" or whatever is the majority of the end content and it would mean having to have co-ordinated events to even experience when the entire point of that zone is the randomness. Most MMO and MMO-lite games don't seem to get reviews right away, like with Destiny.

I mean, they did like 3 Betas so it's not like interested parties couldn't get a decent picture of the game themselves.

yuraya

Game Informer - Don’t Expect The Division Reviews Until After Launch

The Division reviews can't start until launch. Press will get in with the public.

Ballsy move from Ubisoft. Letting reviewers on to servers days before release so they can review it is a much safer approach. Now if the servers shit the bed for launch day the reviewers will devour the game.

It just really shows how as a company they only care about initial sales. They don't care what is said about the game after people buy it.

Ballsy move from Ubisoft. Letting reviewers on to servers days before release so they can review it is a much safer approach. Now if the servers shit the bed for launch day the reviewers will devour the game.

It just really shows how as a company they only care about initial sales. They don't care what is said about the game after people buy it.

It's ubi so I know what to expect. 6/10 at best and hud all over the place.

basically Ubisoft is in a lose-lose situation with most people on here it seems

they have reviews out before launch and they get accused of buying them off if anyone says anything remotely positive...and they do it this way and "they don't care about the customers/the game"

Vamphuntr

Game Informer - Don’t Expect The Division Reviews Until After Launch

The Division reviews can't start until launch. Press will get in with the public.

On one hand I can give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt wanting reviewers to play the multiplayer component and the dark zone with people online on the other hand they could also be trying to hide massive flaws with the game. My guess is that the story content is pretty thin and if you don't care about the traditional Ubisoft collect-a-ton or the PvP there isn't much to do. I enjoyed the closed beta for what it was but it's a Ubi game and will crash in price quickly.

kagamin

Well Gears is dead already. Looks like the 30 people that bought the game only want to play Social TDM, only takes like 30 seconds to get in there. I sit in que for 10-20 minutes for Warzone and Execution.

Well I suppose it was expected, what with lack of crossplay. Not that I really care for most shooters but still.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
How did BernardoOne get banned? I can't even formulate a remotely viable hypothesis based on his post history.

Mods have gotten into the habit of removing offending posts/conversations, so you can't really go by post history as much anymore.

I believe it was over one of the Microsoft threads.

Regginator

i just found out i got the sega make war not love 3 bundle, they just sent the mail. talk about being too late. anyways... it says "last chance to claim bundle", does that mean the steam key gets invalidated soon if you haven't used it by then?

i just found out i got the sega make war not love 3 bundle, they just sent the mail. talk about being too late. anyways... it says "last chance to claim bundle", does that mean the steam key gets invalidated soon if you haven't used it by then?

i got the same email this morning too

I haven't seen a batch of Steam keys that were invalidated en masse (i.e. an "expiry date"). Sounds like it was just a poorly-worded email (I got it too).

On one hand I can give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt wanting reviewers to play the multiplayer component and the dark zone with people online on the other hand they could also be trying to hide massive flaws with the game. My guess is that the story content is pretty thin and if you don't care about the traditional Ubisoft collect-a-ton or the PvP there isn't much to do. I enjoyed the closed beta for what it was but it's a Ubi game and will crash in price quickly.

why would they get the benefit of the doubt given they've famously had day one terrible launches with other games and implemented day one embargoes before on those games? Doesn't that end the whole benefit thing when they've botched it before?

I'm sure they could but I mean, the "dark zone" or whatever is the majority of the end content and it would mean having to have co-ordinated events to even experience when the entire point of that zone is the randomness. Most MMO and MMO-lite games don't seem to get reviews right away, like with Destiny.

I mean, they did like 3 Betas so it's not like interested parties couldn't get a decent picture of the game themselves.

Doesn't mean they can't set up a private server and get a bunch of press members/YT players to run some matches and shore up any loose ends/give them a feel for the final product.

Usually, when someone refuses to let the press see a product before opening day, it speaks to a lack of confidence in the material. This holds true across all industries.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Dr Dogg

Remember those Sim City reviews? Remember the launch? Anybody who want's a proper review of an online only product should be more happy reviews are coming after it has been released. No one is putting a gun to your head to buy it before any outlet has reviewed it.

Pachimari

Mind Zero is an action-packed dungeon-crawler RPG. Play as Kei, a high school student whose life turns upside down when he forms a contract with a “MIND,” a weapon/being with deadly powers.

Saw it on Lashman's Twitter.

the further i get through Grim Fandango the less i understand why it is so highly praised. Some of these puzzles are fucking crazy, there's no logic to them and they just seem outright random.

If they were going to remaster this thing then they should've tossed in a hint system similar to the Monkey Island remakes because good lord this game is like the worst of the worst with regards to absurd puzzles

Telling people that the W10 Store/games sold through that store are shit.

Not quite. It wasn't the actual subject matter that facilitated the ban and you're painting it as if it was. The ban was for thread derailment, for the argument bernardo was presenting getting too heated (or so the moderator who issued the ban felt).

Tizoc

Make War not Love #2 Bundle -- MB-DC13B5723C325685 - Taken by fallout

Make War not Love #3 Bundle -- MB-74CF7D689AFB0528

These 2 are left :p

Insurgency keys from Humble had an expiry date, I think.

But were the keys actually invalidated, or was the link to get the key in the first place just taken off the site?

The only keys I know of that were intentionally revoked were from the Warlock II fiasco from Gamersgate. Other than that, any case I've heard of that had keys that were claimed to only be valid for a certain time were either incorrect (Tales of Zestiria - Alisha DLC) or never addressed after the fact. I have DLC keys sitting in a textfile that are months old, and I've never had a problem activating them when I get the original product.

Vuze

Just a heads up, the Nexus DB seems to have been compromised again. If you happen to have used the same password/email combo somewhere else, change your pass asap to be safe. Not sure if related or not, but somebody tried to get into my throwaway twitter account just an hour ago (same mail as for the nexus, not sure about the pass, changed it right away).

6cqlK4q.png

KcsKY8u.png

(Mathieulh is a pretty highly regarded console hacker, better safe than sorry no matter what)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom