• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first ranked match I played was totally fine until I won with an Astral Finish, and then the opponent suddenly disconnected.

Somehow I don't think that was the netcode though... :p

I don't think so lol. I will probably get it later today and do a write up.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-086D4A86BACDA996 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Sparkle 3 Genesis -- MB-D942F235432D093B - Taken by Vlad
Betrayer -- MB-3076003EE4CC18A0 - Taken by Sober

take more than one

finally, the anime has been sent back into the darkness by the forces of good

giphy.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
finally, the anime has been sent back into the darkness by the forces of good

Generally speaking, the anime/waifu stuff that gets posted all the time here is fine. When it crosses into being explicit is where we've got to draw the line.

Zeknurn

Generally speaking, the anime/waifu stuff that gets posted all the time here is fine. When it crosses into being explicit is where we've got to draw the line.

Out of interest, why is it fine? It doesn't contribute to the thread in a positive way and it alienates a lot of posters.

Annubis

I just had an epiphany of some sorts.
As a fan of Zone of the Enders, I'm about as fucked as Jawmuncher for wanting a new game in my favorite game serie.
That's pretty depressing...

Every time I see this image, I can't help but think that the next few seconds after are the bird pecking the girl's eyes out.

Knurek

So, given that win32 apps appeared first in Windows '95 (24.08.1995), and ever since Windows XP (25.10.2001) you could not run old-style DOS executables (DOSBox/VMs don't count)...

By my calculations whatever Windows version will be released just prior to September 2021 will be the last one where you can run non-UWP apps. Of course mandatory updates will prohibit you from staying on that build, so...

You have till that time to finish your backlogs.

GaussTek

And as I wrote that, Ghostlight have just announced NightCry coming to PC.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcjgzMYUMAAYdz7.jpg[IMG]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/FmpX6og.png/img][/QUOTE]

That one is Project Scissors, right? I thought that a PC version was coming from the time it got announced on Kickstarter?

Edit. Ohhhh, the announcement is that it's coming this spring.

Heads up, the TF2 summer shades are now marketable. Just sold mine for 4 bucks

How can you get TF2 items to become marketable? Except crates, I've never had an item become marketable, only tradeable.

So, given that win32 apps appeared first in Windows '95 (24.08.1995), and ever since Windows XP (25.10.2001) you could not run old-style DOS executables (DOSBox/VMs don't count)...

By my calculations whatever Windows version will be released just prior to September 2021 will be the last one where you can run non-UWP apps. Of course mandatory updates will prohibit you from staying on that build, so...

You have till that time to finish your backlogs.

I doubt I'll live that long but if I do, I'm sure something will be done. I may have to crack every game and run on an unsupported os but there will be a way!

Out of interest, why is it fine? It doesn't contribute to the thread in a positive way and it alienates a lot of posters.

I'm kinda confused on the lines myself but just roll with it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Out of interest, why is it fine? It doesn't contribute to the thread in a positive way. See above.

We're a community thread dedicated to Steam and (like it or not) Steam has a lot of anime / waifu type games on it, more being released every day. As such, there is a certain amount of crossover and/or "on-topic" posts where anime/waifu posts are surprisingly relevant. See: VitaGAF, although there are more "anime games" on Steam now than I think any other platform, and certainly more on PC which this thread is more or less the defacto "PC gaming community" thread on GAF.

From a moderation standpoint, it's also easier to just tell people: "Don't post explicit or sexually suggestive pictures" rather than trying to keep up with which anime posts are on-topic in the context of Steam and which aren't.

Vlad

Eventually got a code after getting one from someone in another thread.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Make War Not Love #3 -- MB-97C74DF9AC2BB596 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 1 entrants total.

t1456945567z1.png

H1PSTER

Aaaaagggghhhh Steam is giving me all sorts of problems with XCOM 2 and the support is garbage.

First I had Error 15 and it wouldn't boot, I fixed that and now whenever I boot up XCOM it doesn't say I'm actually playing the game so I can't play multiplayer with my friend.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Playing the AssCreed Syndicate DLC just makes me sad that there is no AssCreed this year.

zkylon

zkylewd
now i kinda want someone to pm me the thing that was not supposed to be posted here

i'm always on the train for these things..

Phawx

Wait, for Gears and Bing, can I redeem say, $10 USD in rewards and just switch my region to Ukraine or whatever to buy it?

No, credit is different for different regions. It seems like the only way to get Gears cheap is to have someone buy you xbox live points for the particular region.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom