• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are some crazy wtf puzzles in Grim Fandango. I grew up on stuff like Sam and Max and other Lucasarts adventure games but there are some really obtuse things in this game that make me wish i was 12 again with a whole summer to bang my head against this game.

I've had to use a guide like 2-3 times in the first couple of hours. I'm nailing like 70% of these puzzles myself, i feel pathetic lol. Still, the last adventure game i played was Broken Age and this feels like a relaxing day on the beach compared to part 2 of that.

I have to say, the concept and plot of the game really has kept me going. I really look forward to seeing how this all plays out

Steam reviews sure are useless for BBCPE. I really want to know how the netcode is. I hear positive things and it's probably good but, man people are saying a lot of nothing and they are glad they bought it and didn't play it yet.

Oh that sounds like this place sometimes o3o.

Messiah

Steam reviews sure are useless for BBCPE. I really want to know how the netcode is. I hear positive things and it's probably good but, man people are saying a lot of nothing and they are glad they bought it and didn't play it yet.

I mean the game released like 5 hours ago. Not sure how in depth the reviews could be at this point.

Or most of steam userbase, really.

Holy Cow, that's a big change.
I believe that to be the primary goal of this round as Valve feel they have a problem with lots of Hijacking involving accounts with valuable items and they feel a lot of this to be fraud to devalue the marketplace of these items (as they restored the item to the victims thereby duplicating the item).

Rather than try to tackle the people exploiting this (which might be rather tricky to do) they've gone for no item restorations, if you don't use the
cr
app you should check your e-mails at least once every two weeks you stupid victim.

Knurek

Oh wow, Gears Win10 leaves 40+ GB of temp files after installation.

I... I really can't wait for the Digital Foundry article about the game. Provided they even can get something out of UWP with their current tools.

Phinor

Oh wow, Gears Win10 leaves 40+ GB of temp files after installation.

I... I really can't wait for the Digital Foundry article about the game. Provided they even can get something out of UWP with their current tools.

Can you install the game if you don't have that much room in temp? My C/Windows/Temp drive has 15-20GB of free space depending on the day, I install everything on other drives.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
header.jpg

Enter The Gungeon will be released on April 5 on PC (and PS4).

New gameplay trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3kPMRA_JYE

will be released as in final, or EA?

Pachimari

You missed out on a really fun game.

I know that. I missed out on a lot of great games. But since selling my collection, I got a N3DS again. Might pick it up, when I see it for cheap. I'm still very much interested in it, but I'm hoping Fantasy Life 2 will arrive in the West.

yuraya

Watched some DS3 videos from some hardcore souls community fans.
And yea they shut down all the concerns about the game being like Bloodborne. Seems like the only similarity it shares with bloodborne is the engine. Everything else about it is as souls-esque as it gets. Also you'll have access to over like 30 weapons in the first 3 hours of the game so the lack of weapon concerns from bloodborne isn't an issue in DS3. Most of the weapon classes have their own new and unique battle arts too.

The game looked like so much fun from the little that I watched. 6 more long weeks.

Here's a code for the Make War Not Love 3 prize pack that's Renegade Ops, Gunstar Heroes, and Viking: Battle For Asgard

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nyteshade517, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Make War Not Love 3: Prize Pack 3 -- MB-69A0EEFA64B21F59 - Taken by fallout

zkylon

zkylewd
there are some crazy wtf puzzles in Grim Fandango. I grew up on stuff like Sam and Max and other Lucasarts adventure games but there are some really obtuse things in this game that make me wish i was 12 again with a whole summer to bang my head against this game.

I've had to use a guide like 2-3 times in the first couple of hours. I'm nailing like 70% of these puzzles myself, i feel pathetic lol. Still, the last adventure game i played was Broken Age and this feels like a relaxing day on the beach compared to part 2 of that.

I have to say, the concept and plot of the game really has kept me going. I really look forward to seeing how this all plays out

yeah the puzzles in that game are a total nightmare sometimes and you basically play it for the plot, which fortunately is absolutely fantastic

so many great characters

i love lupe

I read that in Harrison Ford's voice.
cool, i love harrison ford

Lain

Grim Dawn is rad

A skill modifier heavy skill tree like this (which Titan Quest also had) fixes an issue that Torchlight 1 and 2 had even though I loved both games: when you leveled up and reached a point where you could pick new skills, chances are that you'd be offered stuff that:

A) is redundant because it does the same job as a skill you've been pumping points into from the beginning, but worse because it starts at first level
B) is so much superior to the similar skill from earlier levels that it is rendered downright obsolete, but you can't get all those invested skill points back because Torchlight 2's respec is only able to give back the last few skillpoints you've invested into anything

I'm really not a fan of that kind of skill tree. Doubly so in Grim Dawn because the already little points you get, you have to invest in leveling your mastery too to unlock more skills (and with two mastery available to level, those points go away too fast) so that really leaves me with little room.
I've never liked the act of buying the same skill over and over too. The system can and does offer a lot of different options to make a build tailored to the player, but I feel it is at a cost, as the system seems to fit more the theorycraft approach, creating a build outside of the game, crunching numbers and using tools to decide what to do and where to invest skill points, instead of actually playing and going with the flow of the game as the new choice presents itself.

My likes and dislikes aside, it's better than the Torchlight 1/2 ones, as you said.

I'd have to investigate about that trainer I've heard about to also remove my mastery points and redo my whole character.

ArjanN

The first ranked match I played was totally fine until I won with an Astral Finish, and then the opponent suddenly disconnected.

Somehow I don't think that was the netcode though... :p

Someone suggested Boat football for rocket league as an temporary mode. o_o

How is a boat going to throw a fade route to the back corner of the end zone?

oh i got no clue, I'm guessing its temp since he's a member and people have gotten temp banned for doing far worse than shitting on the windows store.

Already covered, but temp -- 1 week.

will be released as in final, or EA?

Games don't release on PS4 in EA state, man.
Shame it's not getting a Vita release (that I know of)... seems like a perfect fit to me.

GaussTek

Damn, I keep missing all those KOTOR 2 giveaways ;_; the only SW game I want from the bundle (and perhaps X-Wing and TIE Fighter, but I think I'll save a little and grab the GOG versions instead).

EDIT. Lol, you guys rock, thanks a bunch TheLetdown for the key! So happy right now :3

Are there any good deals on deals on Darkstalkers 3 Dead Space 3 Dungeon Siege 3 DS3?

I know GMG has a 20% off store-wide coupon. Amazon has that same discount for Prime members when pre-ordering but I don't see a PC version.

I'm tempted to just wait on the game, since I have enough to play, but I've hit both Dark Souls games and Bloodborne at launch without one single regret, rare these days, and it's always fun to play the game through while everyone else is also just feeling their way through it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
C'mon guys, let's not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom