• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like you have to be a special type of piece of shit to hack the nexus

directly hurting everybody for no reason at all

data

I'm amazed Crimzon Clover has 5x as many sales on Steam compared to Mushihimesama, I know Crimzon Clover has been out for ages compared to Mushihimesama but Mushihimesama just seems way more high profile than Crimzon Clover which I barely ever see mentioned at all.

Eila

I'm amazed Crimzon Clover has 5x as many sales on Steam compared to Mushihimesama, I know Crimzon Clover has been out for ages compared to Mushihimesama but Mushihimesama just seems way more high profile than Crimzon Clover which I barely ever see mentioned at all.

It's been bundled a couple times.

Echoplx

Crimzon Clover has been bundled.

Finished The Witness with ~
puzzles and overall I think I enjoyed the game. At best it was really amazeballs good but at some points it started to get a bit too frustrating for me. I found the
credits room
but I don't think I am going back for rest of the
collectibles and oblisk things and whatnot I am missing
. Took me 18 hours with some cheating in the jungle and couple of basic puzzles.

Would I recommend it? Most likely but just don't grind yourself out like I did.

Nzyme32

Phil Spencer talking about PC & Xbox Unification for 29mins

He mentions the issues PC folk have mentioned about mods, injections, overlays, vsync etc etc, but I fully expect an MS only platform oriented response rather than inclusion of other vendors.

Would be amusing if a console vendor partnered up with the other stores to allow a more open way of doing all this PC / Console joining with respect for PC gaming and its communities

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
decided to try the titular Darkest Dungeon (aka the last one) for the first time after not playing the game in ages

xZyt7M4.png

welp >_>

Accoun

I haven't seen a batch of Steam keys that were invalidated en masse (i.e. an "expiry date"). Sounds like it was just a poorly-worded email (I got it too).
Got codes for the 2nd bundle from two separate people, both returned "Duplicate Code" error. Either Sega fucked up with sending the keys, or this is the way they invalidate them.
Or both people wanted to make an assholish joke, but I doubt it.

[EDIT]
Tried the 3rd bundle and since I already had a code, it showed me the "games already owned" message, so you should have a bit of time left with them.

kagamin

Just a heads up, the Nexus DB seems to have been compromised again. If you happen to have used the same password/email combo somewhere else, change your pass asap to be safe. Not sure if related or not, but somebody tried to get into my throwaway twitter account just an hour ago (same mail as for the nexus, not sure about the pass, changed it right away).

6cqlK4q.png

KcsKY8u.png

(Mathieulh is a pretty highly regarded console hacker, better safe than sorry no matter what)

Not this crap again...

Tizoc

lol
seriously humble?
Pathfinder COMICS bundle now?
Not that the comic is bad, heard it's good, but it's funny that they did such a thing XP

All those shitty games aren't worth going through all those tasks and selling your soul.
They are if they have trading cards
this one didn't
. Well, not really. That isn't to say all free game giveaways are terrible. The indiegala ones are very painless to do.

I don't have a smart phone am I fucked?
Define fucked? If you're talking wanting people to accept trades or relaisticially ever sell anything again...if you refuse to use something like Steam Desktop Authenticator* then yes, you're fucked.

*-This kind of makes a mockery of the whole point of 2fa.

edit: Beaten :(

Wok

You can just use things like this:

https://github.com/Jessecar96/SteamDesktopAuthenticator

You still need SMS capable phone tho.

REMEMBER: Always make backups of your maFiles directory! If you lose your encryption key or delete maFiles by accident AND you didn't save your revocation code, you are screwed.

IF you lost your maFiles OR lost your encryption key, go here and click "Remove Authenticator" then enter your revocation code that you wrote down when you first added your account to SDA.

If you did not follow the directions and did not write your revocation code down, you're well and truly screwed. The only option is beg to Steam Support and say you lost your mobile authenticator and the revocation code.

It does not sound like a good idea.

Dunno if someone beat me already, but Karaski is now out:

The Glorious Commonwealth’s first Airship has been sabotaged! Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion. Open-ended who-done-it mystery where others may suspect YOU if you're not careful! Dziękujemy!

yuraya

I regret clicking on that Playstation Plus reception thread. Some real ugly posts in there.

I wonder how an actual independent developer feels when they read stuff like that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
GabeN is worse than the FTC...

The latest round of market restrictions has made me basically give up on the Steam marketplace. Which is sad, really, since I have about $200 worth of un-idled trading cards I haven't got around to idling yet and now probably never will.

The 15 day wait to list anything on the market means that the most I'll ever attempt to list ANYTHING at is $0.03, and even then I probably won't bother for the pennies. Anything higher than that and the item will probably be too expensive in 15 day's time, and relisting the item means waiting another 15 days.

I've still not been able to get the Steam Authenticator working with my phone/carrier. I'm not particularly mad, but it makes buying games from Steam a lot less appealing of a proposition going forward.

Also as a result of this change, it seems unlikely that I'll be making any updates to Idle Master going forward. It's always been a "works for me, might work for you too" kind of program, but now I won't have any use for it. The code is open-source though, so if anyone decides to take it up in the future then it's out there.

The latest round of market restrictions has made me basically give up on the Steam marketplace. Which is sad, really, since I have about $200 worth of un-idled trading cards I haven't got around to idling yet and now probably never will.

The 15 day wait to list anything on the market means that the most I'll ever attempt to list ANYTHING at is $0.03, and even then I probably won't bother for the pennies. Anything higher than that and the item will probably be too expensive in 15 day's time, and relisting the item means waiting another 15 days.

I've still not been able to get the Steam Authenticator working with my phone/carrier. I'm not particularly mad, but it makes buying games from Steam a lot less appealing of a proposition going forward.

Also as a result of this change, it seems unlikely that I'll be making any updates to Idle Master going forward. It's always been a "works for me, might work for you too" kind of program, but now I won't have any use for it. The code is open-source though, so if anyone decides to take it up in the future then it's out there.

yeah, this update breaks the Quick and Instant Sell option from ES and makes selling anything such a fucking cumbersome thing now. I'm sure if this bullshit hurts their pockets they'll roll it back but my god what a fucking nightmare it is to sell something on the market now

Annubis

Couldn't they put those restrictions on only items generated by certain games?
I mean, if someone hacks my account and sells all my 0.03c cards on the market, I wouldn't be mad at all.

This seems like a DOTA/CS/TF thing screwing everyone.

Weapons and whatnot can't be sold. Only marketable stuff is generally promotion stuff, like the shades, or items you'd get for owning/preordering a game.

I knew that weapons were a non starter. What I have is cosmetic items that I see being sold in the marketplace, (Such as Templar Spirit) I just can't sell mine.

Wok

While I can understand your statement, be careful because it sounds like depression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom