• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
VC2 is a better game in terms of the amount of content on offer compared to VC1. I like VC2 being a more tactical game, having to switch units on the fly for each situation with the use of flags. That said I still like VC1 more, I get the complaints about VC2 though especially it feeling more like skirmishes due to the amount of units you can have as opposed to 1.

*doing my best Lashman impersonation*

Idle Master Discontinued

Fquj8OV.gif

not blaming jshackles

I just tried to buy something on Nuuvem using FlyVPN. I usually log off and close the software when I'm asked to insert my PayPal account info, but this time it automatically logged in as I had just used it for another payment. Should I be afraid of this? I did log off before actually completing the payment though.

Another thing is, while it said the transaction went well, I haven't received a confirmation email from Nuuvem, and no key for the game (DLC actually) I ordered, which has never happened before.

So, I tried to "test my luck" with another order, this time Super Hot. Same thing happened. Payment went through but I have no key in my account. If I look in My Orders page it lists both orders as "Awaiting Payment". This has never happened before. I wonder if it's a new security measure of some kind, or if they're now manually checking orders made through a VPN.

VC2 is a better game in terms of the amount of content on offer compared to VC1. I like VC2 being a more tactical game, having to switch units on the fly for each situation with the use of flags. That said I still like VC1 more, I get the complaints about VC2 though especially it feeling more like skirmishes due to the amount of units you can have as opposed to 1.

VC2's problem is the lack of feeling of momentum - Strategically, but of course in character movement as well. There's a lack of consequences to your actions in battle since you can warp out units in danger at will and sub in other units on the fly as if nothing happened to your plan. It's too easy to slip from a losing situation to winning.

I much prefer how VC1 did things, where pulling off a plan was the product of multiple turns of maintaining momentum towards it, with things like only being able to warp one unit out of the active roster per turn due to it being a limited use order, and spawning new units in having a 1-turn delay.

VC2's problem is the lack of feeling of momentum - Strategically, but of course in character movement as well. There's a lack of consequences to your actions in battle since you can warp out units in danger at will and sub in other units on the fly as if nothing happened to your plan. It's too easy to slip from a losing situation to winning.

I much prefer how VC1 did things, where pulling off a plan was the product of multiple turns of maintaining momentum towards it, with things like only being able to warp one unit out of the active roster per turn due to it being a limited use order, and spawning new units in having a 1-turn delay.

I totally understand where you are coming from. I like them both though. Not to mention VC2's setting really didn't meld well with a lot of people either.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Idle Master Discontinued

The improvements you've made to the service in my time using it have been numerous, and I struggle to imagine being without them. They always feel natural, sensible, an extension (heh) of the foundation Valve lays down before letting it sit to rot in the sun for a while. It speaks volumes of the backwards thinking that gets in the way of your QoL goals, from Firefox's frustrating plugin handling to Valve's illogical and half-assed method of handling a problem they should really be more invested in. Idlemaster has saved me a ton of time and allowed me to make countless purchases I otherwise might have held off on thanks to the extra money selling cards has afforded me. I'll be sad to see it go once Valve inevitably breaks something integral to making it tick, but as always, you've earned plenty of respite from the headaches the community at large has given you over it.

Annubis

Idle Master Discontinued

Thanks for all the idling.

I'll probably keep using it until it breaks.
If that happens, I'll probably go back to idling through SAM like some sort of savage.

That said, I'm not even sure if I want to bother with the market anymore...
Like, I like free money, but not if it's a pain in the ass and if it's a pain in the ass, it needs to return at least equally or higher than my pain in the ass job.

Wok

Idle Master Discontinued

Thanks for your time and effort.

We are witnesses of birth and "death" of Idle Master. Such is life.

The fact is this move is so...dumb? Just put a restriction for worthy items, like 2$ or more? Ok, you can do the trade now if you have auth, or the items will be held for 5 days.
But not 15 days. And not on 0.03€ cards.

How do you decide that an item is worth $2?

Wok

Based on market history / trading history?

As soon as a procedure is defined explicitly, this could be abused: prices could be manipulated just to steal "en masse" a specific item, and whatever scammers can think of.

Plus this would introduce a bias in the market: the chosen limit ($2 for instance) would artificially create two markets with different driving trends or what else. I am convinced there would be some memory effects there.

What happens to items one cent below the limit one day, and one cent above the limit another day?

Edit: I don't know, it is just a feeling that it would have side effects which would bias the market, or lead to abuse.

So, I tried to "test my luck" with another order, this time Super Hot. Same thing happened. Payment went through but I have no key in my account. If I look in My Orders page it lists both orders as "Awaiting Payment". This has never happened before. I wonder if it's a new security measure of some kind, or if they're now manually checking orders made through a VPN.

And a few minutes after I post this both keys decided to appear in my account. Weird.

Still worried about logging in PayPal while using a VPN though. Hope it won't cause me trouble.

Nyoro SF

The problem is the content in VC2 is horrible. The enemies put up zero resistance. The maps are extremely repetitive with no strategic variance. They added a huge amount of weapons, but 95% of them become obsolete immediately. The extra classes are fluff or obscenely overpowered. None of the tanks or APCs matter because the game hands you the best single vehicle combination in chapter 2.

I mean you can argue on pure volume. But who on earth would argue in pure volume? Hours Played? Guns? Number of missions? The quality dropoff is monstrous, is it worth an argument just to say it has more?

I suppose my true regret is that I was warned about this a few times but I still went ahead and played it anyway just to fully embrace the terribleness of it all. After I beat the game, the game's final message to me before I deleted it was "Why don't you go back and play through some more missions again"? Aye, just put a bullet in my head Sega, thanks.

Knurek

This is a game I actually want to play. Vita resolution screens on the store page. WHY?

The devs know you want to play it so they deliberately locked the rendering resolution just to get your juices going.
Also, why do you want to play the game? By all accounts it's a terrible, unfinished Persona clone, a series you stated several times you generally don't like all that much?

The problem is the content in VC2 is horrible. The enemies put up zero resistance. The maps are extremely repetitive with no strategic variance. They added a huge amount of weapons, but 95% of them become obsolete immediately. The extra classes are fluff or obscenely overpowered. None of the tanks or APCs matter because the game hands you the best single vehicle combination in chapter 2.

I mean you can argue on pure volume. But who on earth would argue in pure volume? Hours Played? Guns? Number of missions? The quality dropoff is monstrous, is it worth an argument just to say it has more?

I suppose my true regret is that I was warned about this a few times but I still went ahead and played it anyway just to fully embrace the terribleness of it all. After I beat the game, the game's final message to me before I deleted it was "Why don't you go back and play through some more missions again"? Aye, just put a bullet in my head Sega, thanks.

Well, there's always Valkyria Chronicles 3, which is the perfect handheld successor to the original. Which is #Operation422's main focus.

Durante

The devs know you want to play it so they deliberately locked the rendering resolution just to get your juices going.
Also, why do you want to play the game? By all accounts it's a terrible, unfinished Persona clone, a series you stated several times you generally don't like all that much?
I want to play it because I want to see if it actually is terrible. And I like its aesthetics. I mean, if I don't enjoy it I'll just stop playing it.

Pretty much. Add the grinding-based char advancement on top of that and you have a downgrade all around.

Can't support an operation that wants to bring VC3 to Steam while skipping 2. You won't have my bayonetta, sorry.

We're for the entire series on Steam, No.2 included. Our primary focus is on VC3 because of its current status as never being released in the west yet.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Idle Master Discontinued

Good call bud. Killing legacy projects is very difficult and stressful but over the long term lifts a big weight off your shoulders. Product was super useful for a long time and I'n glad to have been a very small part of it.

In other news, I have an idea for a series of browser extensions that could be useful. Feel like taking on any new projects? Only kinda joking.

Nyoro SF

Well, there's always Valkyria Chronicles 3, which is the perfect handheld successor to the original. Which is #Operation422's main focus.

While I think it's admirable... I think there's so many barriers, that the possibility is ridiculously slim.

From the massive breadth of localization involved to the graphics of the game being shunned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom