• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

user237

As for these bundles. Groupees chatbot says:
604/626 Greenlight games featured on Groupees have been greenlit or released.
I'd prefer to know how many have actually been released. For example I'm still waiting on LEAVE HOME and QRTH-PHYL (both greenlit) which were the reason I purchased the build a greenlight bundle 8 they were in to begin with. Well I suppose that bundle had Angels of Fasaria which I enjoyed for being such a terrible RPGmaker game, Pirate's Deck which took a very bizarre turn when when people ran it and found a 3D game called Spacewar called instead of the tower defence game they voted for and some other things which were not quite as bad.

some guy on reddit made a good post where he researched a lot of those old greenlight bundles...

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsM...oupees_build_a_greenlight_old_bundle_updates/

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
the further i get through Grim Fandango the less i understand why it is so highly praised. Some of these puzzles are fucking crazy, there's no logic to them and they just seem outright random.

If they were going to remaster this thing then they should've tossed in a hint system similar to the Monkey Island remakes because good lord this game is like the worst of the worst with regards to absurd puzzles

I think the game is remembered fondly because of the strong story and writing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That era's adventure puzzles were always obtuse anyway

Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim soundtrack giveaway!

wait really?

YES REALLY.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim Soundtrack DLC #4 -- MB-9997423F90499B1E - Taken by Blu(e)
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim Soundtrack DLC #5 -- MB-1E2421D1DFBDD260 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim Soundtrack DLC #6 -- MB-9DA9C9E3A4928F4E - Taken by Kagemusha
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim Soundtrack DLC #7 -- MB-BB6B655E0B10BD94 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim Soundtrack DLC #2 -- MB-11A58B3DCD91613F - Taken by Henry Swanson

Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim Soundtrack DLC #3 -- MB-2F4D1C64D6C2BF44 - Taken by rainking187
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim Soundtrack DLC #8 -- MB-B7914A33196ADD73 - Taken by Eila
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim Soundtrack DLC #9 -- MB-766A31FE07893E2F - Taken by neonglow
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim Soundtrack DLC -- MB-A6C036830B5FD2AF - Taken by iosefe
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim Soundtrack DLC #14 -- MB-F1F0794FA9759776 - Taken by Annubis
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim Soundtrack DLC #15 -- MB-591384162539BFC3 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim Soundtrack DLC #12 -- MB-4CF8B25CA7606AAE - Taken by SalsaShark
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim Soundtrack DLC #13 -- MB-14AF13BF1FCFC1DC - Taken by Accoun
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim Soundtrack DLC #10 -- MB-D3C2F263ABC74BE1 - Taken by WinterDemons
Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim Soundtrack DLC #11 -- MB-E128C0F8B689DD63 - Taken by electroflame

The people that have gaming PCs and play steam games and use the market but don't have a smartphone are a strange demographic

I don't even have a cellphone. Guess I'm an even stranger demographic. I've had to use authenticators through a landline though - where you get an automated call that gives you a code to enter - and don't see why Valve has to be so centered towards a certain type of smartphone.

It could be damaging to the steam 'economy' as a whole.

If it becomes more difficult to sell cards, it diminishes the perceived value of games.

I think that's taking things a little far. Sure there are a few people who think that way, especially for indie games, but when I buy a game I'm not thinking "Hey, I might get 40 cents worth of cards," I'm thinking "I've heard this is a good game."

Despite the negative reviews, people are still buying Far Cry Primal, currently #3 at top sellers.
In the other hand, Stardew Valley is still hanging at #1 cozily. Faith in steam users restored.

That's exactly how I played it too haha. I never would have finished the game if I had figure out those puzzles.

I had a guide handy to reference, some of the stuff was just really hard for me to see a solution for. I still enjoyed the experience though. Easy but fun platinum as well, mostly... since the platinum trophy list makes it so you have to kind of experience everything.

--

Are there any guesses as to what's going to be in that Groupees Build A Greenlight 40 for $1.25 preorder? It says $10 games... I'm tempted to give it a go for that cheap.

Pupo

Despite the negative reviews, people are still buying Far Cry Primal, currently #3 at top sellers.
In the other hand, Stardew Valley is still hanging at #1 cozily. Faith in steam users restored.

Maybe they don't care about reviews, just like me. Anyway I'm not buying it but because I'm poor. Also my PC can't run it.

Eila

I don't even have a cellphone. Guess I'm an even stranger demographic. I've had to use authenticators through a landline though - where you get an automated call that gives you a code to enter - and don't see why Valve has to be so centered towards a certain type of smartphone.

HL3 Steam phone exclusive.
175417397-290.jpg.jpeg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Well as Stump and many others have pointed out, ideally they would allow a 3rd party authenticator (like Google) and only require the code when it's your first time logging in from a new PC. Valve seems so intent on re-inventing the wheel, and then says stuff like "A lot more people than we imagined are already using the mobile authenticator" which is somewhat disingenuous when it's more or less been made a requirement.

Annubis

If you're not scared of something more complicated (command line only, no GUI) there is ArchiSteamFarm though for now I don't need a lot of its useful features (multi account support, works on linux and I believe can be stuck onto a raspberry pi for low energy idling).

That's the problem, I'm scared.
Jshackles I trust. Whoever did that thing? nope.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What is everyone's "comfort game"? That one game you have hundreds if not thousands of hours in, that you go back to again and again? That you play when you dont feel like playing anything else?

What is your Dota? Your Civ? Your World of Warcraft?

Anno

What is everyone's "comfort game"? That one game you have hundreds if not thousands of hours in, that you go back to again and again? That you play when you dont feel like playing anything else?

rw4Nifx.png

Though Guild Wars 2 is on the list for sure. Also maybe Sins of a Solar Empire.

Windows Solitaire

No question. Put in some music in WinAmp and play until you get into zen-mode.

Maybe they don't care about reviews, just like me. Anyway I'm not buying it but because I'm poor. Also my PC can't run it.

The reviews are going up as well. It was 48%-ish at launch, now it's 65% and still growing.
Perhaps they've release a patch or two to fix the launch issues.

Dragon Age Origins, SWTOR, and Skyrim for new mods.
I still haven't uninstalled Witcher 3 as well. I go back to the game every now and then.

It was Crackdown, but I don't have my 360 hooked up anymore. These days it's Saints Row IV and ESO.

kagamin

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend or 100% Orange Juice :p

It used to be Warcraft III, I would create a new account and smurf my way to the top. Then Starcraft II. Now it's mostly rogue lites like Spelunky, Downwell & Risk of Rain. Enter The Gungeon will be a nice addition next month.

Khronico

Mount and Blade Warband.

There is such a variety of mods to try out at any given moment that I never get bored of it. I'll probably be playing it for many, many more years to come.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Mine is "Earthbound" for the SNES. I've probably played it start to finish 100 times, and it's never gotten old.

def sim

Street Fighter for sure. Even though I only play it for 30 minutes to maybe an hour every now and then, it's something I won't drop until the next iteration is out.

I also do some solitaire when I want something simple.

Accoun

Probably Puzzle Quest on PSP.
Also, Minesweeper and some randomly/procedurally generated Nonogram puzzle/Picross in a browser. Is this the rock bottom of gaming?

And thanks for everything you did with Idle Master, jshackles.
By the way people, what was that Takane Team cards image?

Annubis

I sadly don't have one.
I've always been looking but haven't found it yet.

C4rter

*doing my best Lashman impersonation*

Idle Master Discontinued

Oh no, that's sad news. But I can understand your reasons, I don't know why Valve is pushing the Authenticater this much and so radical.
A big thank you for all the money I got out of the cards I could idle with your awesome tool.

I played some more "Valkyria Chronicles" now and all in all it became a lot more fun. After the characters now actually joined the military (or militia) the game unlocks several more options that truly show the potential of the game and it's combat system.
The tactical combats are much better now and are nothing like the stuff you do in the beginning (thank god). And even the story line is (currently) a bit more serious and drastic. But that will definitely change again as many here pointed out already, so I won't expect too much.

Phawx

Probably Hearthstone right now

A roguelike. Nethack, Dungeons of Dredmor, Tales of Maj'Eyal. One of those.

zkylon

zkylewd

i wouldn't say i play league when i don't have or want to play anything else, i generally play league when i want to play league, and i honestly don't have many games in the "comfort games" category

i'm like 1500 hours in league from what i can estimate, so if i considered league one of those then that'd be it, but i kinda don't

closest to a real answer would probably be just starting out a very short mount & blade campaign and abandoning it a few hours in, or just trying to see how far i can get in dark souls 1 without dying

Saints Row the Third. I'm almost to the point that I probably can continue playing it if i ever go blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom