• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
For anyone who missed it (I did up to now)

Fault Milestone One is highly discounted (-70%)

Picked up Milestone One during the winter sale, just haven't bit into it yet. Will likely get to it after I finish Kindred Spirits and TitS: SC, unless something else steps in the way.

madjoki

I kinda wish I had upgraded to 32GB memory.

Not really point now with DDR4 coming up. Then again there's absolutely no processor that I could upgrade to using DDR4. As I'm on 6 core Sandy-E, there's not even sanely priced processor I can update to and I got this from old stock clearance almost 3 years ago. There's still no 6 core in intel's consumer ranges.

I'd also like to upgrade to M.2 SSD but bad pci-e placement combined with large cpu cooler totally hinders that.

Totally first world problems

zkylon

zkylewd
also like, ram is expensive, i'm surprised

i remember when it used to be kind of comically cheap, but now it's like no joke

i got a bit of money coming so i'll buy some more ram and maybe another hard drive, idk

i kind of want an ssd but those things are too expensive for what i can afford right now

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i'm gonna look up for a hint on this sound puzzle for the witness

i just find zero enjoyment on it cos i'm really bad at these things

Annubis

The artwork looks nice and high quality. Are there any other visual novels you recommend?

Have you heard of our lewdlord and savior Nekopara?

For a heavier VN, there's the Christina Love games:

With a sequel coming out in only a few days! (first game is free, sequel not)

A Princess Maker x VN

A free and pretty interesting Russian VN (Russian and English text available)

The Deus Ex of VNs

Otome VN that impressed me the most up to now

A fully voiced free (EDIT: I'm pretty sure it used to be... apparently not anymore) VN (skip the 'game' sections; you can with a button and they suck)

Can love bloom in dove?

I upgraded to 16GB RAM a few months ago (I had some Amazon Space Bucks so it didn't cost me any actual money)

------

I may sign up for the Origin Access thing next week to try out Need For Speed 2015: 2016 Edition...I've watched some of the beginning stuff and the FMV seems ultra cheesy but enjoyable...should be able to run it with no issues since I'm over all of their 1080p/60 FPS requirements but you never know

Dsyndrome

I'm getting it regardless, but I'm a little disappointed that all that's listed for Nightcry is "Single Player". No achievements, Cloud Save, etc.

Also, thanks for everything you do jshackles, hopefully the respite from one of your projects gives you some piece of mind.

Fuck Valve though.

zkylon

zkylewd

these two come with my biggest possible recommendation, wonderful games and pretty accessible even if you don't like visual novels because it kinda has like more "game" to it. like there's a lot of dialogue choices and you kind of figure out mysteries in a her story esque way

it's still very animu but it's really self aware and there's some powerful and touching stuff in it

don't have anything against the other games, visual novels in general are boring for me so i haven't played any of those

neonglow

Have you heard of our lewdlord and savior Nekopara?

With a sequel coming out in only a few days! (first game is free, sequel not)

A Princess Maker x VN

A free and pretty interesting Russian VN (Russian and English text available)

The Deus Ex of VNs

Otome VN that impressed me the most up to now

A fully voiced free (EDIT: I'm pretty sure it used to be... apparently not anymore) VN (skip the 'game' sections; you can with a button and they suck)

Can love bloom in dove?

Thanks. I'll check out Sunrider since it's free and will put a couple of these on my wishlist. What's the likelihood of these titles appearing in bundles?

Annubis

Speaking of Nekopara...

header.jpg

Release date: Feb 19, 2016
Owners: 48,206 ± 5,113

header.jpg

Release date: Oct 29, 2015
Owners: 14,362 ± 2,791

The better game won.

Tizoc

I wonder if TiTS2 would've had a lot more sales if it went for $20 or less.

FYI Nekopara Vol. 2 has more owners than DanganRonpa and Disgaea.
DanganRonpa 1 was discounted slightly more than TiTS2 but managed to reach 25K owners.

Dsyndrome

I can't believe TiTS 2 is still that low. Hoping for legs is one thing, this is another all together.

Is the decrease in ownership due to the change in algorithm?

Speaking of Nekopara...

header.jpg

header.jpg

The better game won.

The cheaper game that takes no time to "play" the other 2 bought mainly because of "cute cat" girls and bad fanservice.

Yeah you nailed it.

This thread really is ass...

No I don't hate Nekopara but can we stop this.

Messiah

Finally managed to complete my Blazblue download and now i have to go to bed ( ._.)

Managed to spend some time in training at least. Game feels good.

zkylon

zkylewd
bear in mind it's 30 usd vs 10 usd so nekopara making like three times as many sales means about the same money

tho it's likely that nekopara didn't cost anything to make cos it's kind of a trashy visual novel thing that appears to be just a renpy game while tits is a massive rpg that probably had pretty big localization budget and stuff

but hey life is unfair

you know what else is unfair, shitty sound puzzles with distracting noise on top of them that force you to replay the last panel if you mess up.

now that's unfair, zero fun and just plain terrible

I can't believe TiTS 2 is still that low. Hoping for legs is one thing, this is another all together.

Is the decrease in ownership due to the change in algorithm?

No. I read in the steamspy thread, there's only about 10% of owners who have actually finished TiTS1. If most people didn't finish the first game, there's very little reason to buy/play the sequel. It's a story driven jrpg, afterall.

Speaking of Nekopara...

header.jpg

header.jpg

The better game won.
>Nekopara 1/3 the price of SC
>Lame dating sim trash
>what gameplay and story? lol
>Better "game"

Uh huh

xtgdB2T.png

Most gamers have bad taste, i already know that. Not surprised that bad games usually get more sales :p

Eila

Nekopara is just a kinectic novel, I don't think there's any dating sim elements in it.
Anyways Ragnarok Battle Offline is just too damn fun. I wish it were available on steam so more people could see it. The combos you can make with high agility are crazy.
It's also 3 player couch-op, but I'll never have 2 friends interested in playing such niche games.

Blu(e)

Dear Steam User,

As you may know, for a brief period on December 25th, a configuration error resulted in some Steam users seeing incorrectly cached Steam Store pages generated for other Steam users. If you are not familiar with the issue, an overview of what happened is available at http://store.steampowered.com/news/19852/ .

If you accessed the Steam Store between 11:50 PST and 13:20 PST on December 25th, your account could have been affected by this issue. If you did not use the Steam Store during that time, your account was not affected.

Between the times above, a requested web page for information about your Steam account may have been incorrectly displayed to another Steam user in your local area. This page may have included your email address, country, purchase history and last 4 digits of your phone number if one was associated with your account. It may have also included the last two digits of a credit card number or a PayPal email address, if previously saved for future purchases. It did not include full credit card numbers, Steam account passwords, or other information that would allow another user to complete a transaction with your billing information.

We are contacting you because an IP address previously used by your account to access Steam made a web page request as described above. Because IP addresses are commonly shared for home networks, mobile devices and by internet providers, we are unable to verify that your account was actually the one that made this request. For example one affected IP address was previously used by over 1,700 Steam accounts. Consequently we are notifying all users who have previously used this IP address.

This event did not make it possible to compromise your Steam account or make a fraudulent transaction from your account, but we want you to be aware of what information could have been seen by another Steam user.

We're sorry this happened and have taken steps to prevent this problem from occurring in the future.

If you used the store between 11:50 PST and 13:20 PST on December 25th and you have questions please email cachingissue@steampowered.com.

- Valve

Anyone else just get this e-mail?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im curious about Gate of the Firmament. Did anyone here bought the game and posted impressions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom