• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

Seems unlikely. Nintendo has stayed mum on how Bayonetta 2 performed (even the VG CHARTZ!!! plucked-out-on-thin-air numbers has it at <1m) and given it was in development for at least two years, there's no doubt in my mind Nintendo hasn't recouped costs. Throwing money at a cult favourite did nothing to change the Wii U's fortune, so why would Nintendo sign off on the very same tactic for the NX?

Because Nintendo will do, what Nintendo does™

Dr Dogg

I've got 32gb in one of my many PCs and for what that's used for isn't really enough.

CcnELxZW4AAezGp.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/48qwh5/leaked_list_of_possible_games_coming_to_windows/

Some interesting titles for those interested.

Xbox Briefing E3 2014? Guess conferences get the late port treatment too.

cyba89

Seems unlikely. Nintendo has stayed mum on how Bayonetta 2 performed (even the VG CHARTZ!!! plucked-out-on-thin-air numbers has it at <1m) and given it was in development for at least two years, there's no doubt in my mind Nintendo hasn't recouped costs. Throwing money at a cult favourite was ultimately a fruitless endeavour and did nothing to change the Wii U's fortune, so why would Nintendo sign off on the very same tactic for the NX??

It's Nintendo. You can't predict Nintendo.

Mivey

AAA JRPGs deserve better than to die on a platform that traditionally never supports them :/
Traditional JRPG, sure. But nothing Platinum makes is traditional, and they are not generally an RPG developer, so the game is going to have enough action elements to make it likely more accessible to a larger audience.
On the other side, it is a Platinum game and therefore almost guaranteed to bomb, regardless of its quality.

Arthea

new groupees site is a mess, it also takes ages to load ... why can't we stop fixing what's not broken, why?

stop bullying Trails steamgaf, it's no laughing matter when one of the best games on steam doesn't sell while trash of all kinds have no problems selling!

Stardew Valley sales are totally deserved, though.
Also I like how it still is at the top of best seller list.

Tizoc

Can i just say that it is still a matter of time until bayo 1 and 2 are on steam?
Same goes for other platinum games

And remember how rayman legends was a wii u exclusive?

Can i just say that it is still a matter of time until bayo 1 and 2 are on steam?
Same goes for other platinum games

And remember how rayman legends was a wii u exclusive?

Well, at least you can play Bayo 1 and 2 on Cemu soon and add that to Steam so you are pretty much correct in any way

Zafir

Im curious about Gate of the Firmament. Did anyone here bought the game and posted impressions?

I bought it and tried it.

It's alright for it's price.

It just kind of reminds me of a rather low/b-tier budget jrpg of the yester years.

I think the world and it's story has a bit of potential, but it's let down by quite a few translation issues here and there. I mean it's still understandable, but it takes you out of the experience sometimes trying to figure out what it means.

The combat is... Serviceable so far. Nothing special, but it does the job.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I bought it and tried it.

It's alright for it's price.

It just kind of reminds me of a rather low budget jrpg of the yester years.

I think the world and it's story has a bit of potential, but it's let down by quite a few translation issues here and there. I mean it's still understandable, but it takes you out of the experience sometimes trying to figure out what it means.

The combat is... Serviceable so far. Nothing special, but it does the job.

Thank you sir.

orochi91

Traditional JRPG, sure. But nothing Platinum makes is traditional, and they are not generally an RPG developer, so the game is going to have enough action elements to make it likely more accessible to a larger audience.
On the other side, it is a Platinum game and therefore almost guaranteed to bomb, regardless of its quality.

Fuck.

You're right :/

Tizoc

Remember how Bayo 2 was funded by Nintendo?
Which begs the question why ubi would let nintendo, of the big 3 console devs, to fund bg&e2 after what happened to rayman legends

Furthermore wasnt there word of nx service for pc?

Saty

"Today we would like to announce that the working relationship between Paradox Interactive and Ruffian Games on ‘Hollowpoint’ has been amicably terminated." said a spokesperson for Paradox Interactive. "After recent ongoing discussions between the two companies, it became apparent to both parties that the creative vision for the project was diverging and so the decision was ultimately taken to cease our co-operation in order to serve the long-term interests of the game."

"We would like to thank Ruffian Games for all their hard work and wish them the best of luck in their future endeavours. Paradox will be re-evaluating the creative direction of ‘Hollowpoint’ internally before making any final decisions."
http://www.gamewatcher.com/news/201...partnership-with-ruffian-games-on-hollowpoint

Lain

Dex got a bit of a beating for hoping the BG&E2 rumor wasn't true.
I guess the xx number of people that would want to play that game really don't care if it is exclusive, so long as it finally gets made, which is a sentiment I can understand.
Plus, if NX ends being more of a service than simply and outright hardware, we might get to play the games on a PC too!

Tizoc

I guess the xx number of people that would want to play that game really don't care if it is exclusive, so long as it finally gets made, which is a sentiment I can understand.
Plus, if NX ends being more of a service than simply and outright hardware, we might get to play the games on a PC too!
My thought as well but seeing as we got sonty adding remotr play to pc and ms releasing games to pc, ninty may want to get a slice of dat pc pie

For that matter why hasnt monument valley released on ateam yet damnit!

dex3108

Hehe i don't mind. Everybody has right to their opinion including me :D Having game funded by outside source in exchange for exclusivity is good and bad at the same time. Good thing is that game got made, bad thing is everything else. That is why i said i hope that it is not true. Companies will fund games limited number of times if they underperform. And in this case BG&E2 is not game that will sell that much NX consoles. So when we look at the big picture in my opinion there is more negative things then positive when franchise that was multiplatform becomes exclusive.

AHA-Lambda

Well I see it as a negative, I want to play it and will never buy a Nintendo console. Plus unlike Bayo 2 this game was already announced prior as an assumed multiplatform

Well I see it as a negative, I want to play it and will never buy a Nintendo console. Plus unlike Baton2 this game was already announced prior as an assumed multiplatform

This was never really officially announced, was it?

That "trailer" we saw one time Ubisoft even said its just a techdemo for their new games, when people were hopings its a new game.

kagamin

Well I see it as a negative, I want to play it and will never buy a Nintendo console. Plus unlike Baton2 this game was already announced prior as an assumed multiplatform

Well that's more of an issue with your desires, what about when Devil's Third went Nintendo exclusive after being announced as a multiplat?

Ozium

Seems unlikely. Nintendo has stayed mum on how Bayonetta 2 performed (even the VG CHARTZ!!! plucked-out-on-thin-air numbers has it at <1m) and given it was in development for at least two years, there's no doubt in my mind Nintendo hasn't recouped costs. Throwing money at a cult favourite was ultimately a fruitless endeavour and did nothing to change the Wii U's fortune, so why would Nintendo sign off on the very same tactic for the NX??

Using logic and/or reason to determine what Nintendo is going to do..

1485.gif

AHA-Lambda

This was never really officially announced, was it?

That "trailer" we saw one time Ubisoft even said its just a techdemo for their new games, when people were hopings its a new game.

I call BS, it was just them back-pedalling.

Well that's more of an issue with your desires, what about when Devil's Third went Nintendo exclusive after being announced as a multiplat?

Forgot about that, fair point. But yeah it is to do with my desires I guess then. I want to play it now probably can't :/

AHA-Lambda

Why backpedaling? That trailer is, what? 5 or 6 years old? If that really was the game, it would have been released already.
They said its a tech-demo for their new engine and not a game. Why not believe them?

Cos their statement was plain BS.

They showed off a trailer, then after the fact said it was never officially announced, either that was a lie or the initial unveiling was poorly handled.

Ludens

Banned
A question: I put a card on steam market for, let's say, 0.05€.
Steam takes it for 15 days.
15 days pass, and nobody bought my card because meanwhile the price lowered.
If I want to pull down that card from the market to price it 0.04€, will Steam take it for other 15 days too?

Pachimari

What is everyone's "comfort game"? That one game you have hundreds if not thousands of hours in, that you go back to again and again? That you play when you dont feel like playing anything else?

What is your Dota? Your Civ? Your World of Warcraft?

FIFA of course.

What is everyone's "comfort game"? That one game you have hundreds if not thousands of hours in, that you go back to again and again? That you play when you dont feel like playing anything else?

What is your Dota? Your Civ? Your World of Warcraft?

Town of Salem

Cos their statement was plain BS.

They showed off a trailer, then after the fact said it was never officially announced, either that was a lie or the initial unveiling was poorly handled.

When they unveiled it, they directly said its just a tech-demo for their future games afaik.

Then after it Ancel always said its a real game thats being developed.

Knurek

If I want to pull down that card from the market to price it 0.04€, will Steam take it for other 15 days too?

Of course.
What other way can Valve motivate you to use their non-working mobile authenticator?

AHA-Lambda

When they unveiled it, they directly said its just a tech-demo for their future games afaik.

Then after it Ancel always said its a real game thats being developed.

Hmm that's not how I remember it :/

I remember them showing off the trailer, Ancel always calling at a game and Yves saying it was a tech vid after the fact?

Dr Dogg

Potato Potaato, game or tech demo, does it really matter? It was shown off 8 years ago, no platforms ever announced let alone a release date and we all know that Ubisoft never lies about what their reveal trailers represent in regards to what is a playable game or not.

Oreoleo

After reading their statement like 3 or 4 times it does kinda seem like that's how it will work. Which seems super shitty so I hope I'm wrong or it gets rolled back or something.

Arthea

After reading their statement like 3 or 4 times it does kinda seem like that's how it will work. Which seems super shitty so I hope I'm wrong or it gets rolled back or something.

It won't get rolled back because there is no backslash, steamcommunity only gets to valve's throat if doto or CS go is touched, other than that? nope, nobody cares.
Well, I do care, but when valve says that they previous bullying campaign was success and market activity is higher than it ever was, what chances do we have to make them listen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom