• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I see I picked a good time to poke my head in, then. >.>

Seriously, though, I need to start checking in here regularly again. Life's had me busy these past few months. Hope everyone's been doing well.

For PC? It'd have to be UT2k4. When the urge hits, I'll queue up some bots and play for awhile, usually DM or CTF.

Overall? Phantasy Star Portable 2 for PSP. Still break that out semi-regularly, even after all these years. Wish I could find something on PC that recaptured that magic for me. (Tried PSO2 while it was in beta but it just didn't hook me the way PSP2 did.)

Glad to see you pop back in here

Lain

What about that Ghostlight announcement, wasn't it supposed to be on Monday?

They said they were hoping to be able to unveil it Monday, but that there could still be a delay because of the contract signing or something along those lines.
Should still be happening this week or the next.

I already have this, probably from a previous such giveaway:
https://gleam.io/1XqRa/free-game-20000-copies-of-in-between
Your poisons are: follow 4 twitter accounts, subscribe to 3 youtube accounts, visit 2 facebook pages and following some twitch channel. You can choose not to do one of those.
Colour me surprised that there are no Steam groups.

image.php

I already have this, probably from a previous such giveaway:
https://gleam.io/1XqRa/free-game-20000-copies-of-in-between
Your poisons are: follow 4 twitter accounts, subscribe to 3 youtube accounts, visit 2 facebook pages and following some twitch channel. You can choose not to do one of those.
Colour me surprised that there are no Steam groups.

When I did it last week I had to join like a half dozen steam groups and even follow some curators along with the other stuff. I wonder what changed?

Arthea

just noticed this game

so would buy it right now, a steampunk RPG, with card combat? that's so my thing.
... but s o m a n y g a m e s. *sigh
Maybe next year, if I finish at least 50 games this one.

They said they were hoping to be able to unveil it Monday, but that there could still be a delay because of the contract signing or something along those lines.
Should still be happening this week or the next.

I see, thanks

Tizoc

just noticed this game

so would buy it right now, a steampunk RPG, with card combat? that's so my thing.
... but s o m a n y g a m e s. *sigh
Maybe next year, if I finish at least 50 games this one.

I see, thanks
Gonna get this later today actually

To dredge up some 12 hour old posts...
Are there any guesses as to what's going to be in that Groupees Build A Greenlight 40 for $1.25 preorder? It says $10 games... I'm tempted to give it a go for that cheap.
The chatbot is saying 12 games now. 10+2 bonus? As for contents, RPG fighter league is the background image and apparently in chat this was said:
GolemBot:
Well, there's a game that happens to have a logo that resembles the NBA logo.
GolemBot:
Talking about sports, there is a sports game. Just not actually in a field.
GolemBot:
There's also something about an investigation. Doesn't look like an adventure game, as far as I can tell from the trailer.
Probably not HOG.
Lots of manilla folders, maybe.
I can't actually tell what type of game it's supposed to be by a cursory glance.
GolemBot: Looks mostly 2D. Probably only one 3D games.
InformaticsGroupees HQ12:57
there's a top down action shooter that's already greenlit
Shifty SlugGroupees HQ12:59
and don't forget about that strategy game
Sounds like video games to me.

some guy on reddit made a good post where he researched a lot of those old greenlight bundles...

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsM...oupees_build_a_greenlight_old_bundle_updates/
Thanks for this. Of course it doesn't answer greenlight games in the non-build a greenlight bundle but that can be homework for me. I somehow think say, Dwarf Quest is abandoned (dev was last on Steam 690 days ago and on 8 Nov, 2014 hoped to release soon)

It won't get rolled back because there is no backslash, steamcommunity only gets to valve's throat if doto or CS go is touched, other than that? nope, nobody cares.
Well, I do care, but when valve says that they previous bullying campaign was success and market activity is higher than it ever was, what chances do we have to make them listen?

They'll be getting less money from there being less sales going on, whether the amount is significant or not is another story

Jawmuncher

I never did beat BG&E. I got to the slaughterhouse and just stopped. I still have the save, but don't remember anything about it.

Milamber

lSg4RyR.jpg

You come to the wrong neighbourhood, motherfucker.

>:3

Mister Donuts in my neighborhood is slowly becoming terrible. They were great in the 90's but now, I think they have worsened their donut recipes. I could stomach Krispy's and even J.Co's but not the Mister Donuts. Dunkin Donuts can go die in a fire.

Pachimari

I thought Ghostlight said 6 days ago, that they would unveil the game within one week, which means it should be unveiled either today or tomorrow?

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
I never did beat BG&E. I got to the slaughterhouse and just stopped. I still have the save, but don't remember anything about it.
I remember buying it for the ps3 when it was on sale for like 3 bucks, i got pretty far but just stopped playing, felt like i got my fill and it was time to move on.

Also hello, long time lurker :p

What is everyone's "comfort game"? That one game you have hundreds if not thousands of hours in, that you go back to again and again? That you play when you dont feel like playing anything else?

What is your Dota? Your Civ? Your World of Warcraft?
It used to be new vegas but its starting to become rocket league. When i dont feel like browsing gaf or playing one of my current games ill just hop on RL for 20 minutes or so. Before I'd dl a new mod for NV and do that

Lain

Last thing Ross posted on GAF about the announcement:

Just waiting for approval on the text of the announcements. There are time zones involved so it may take a few days.

That was on the 29th of February. I guess they just haven't gotten the approval on the text of the announcements. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone (that has any passing knowledge about how dealing with Japanese companies can be sometimes) though that something as simple could take longer than expected.

----

The Count Lucanor is out!

15% off as first week discount, comes with the soundtrack too.

Cheaper in UK than EU... why.jpg

Ban Puncher

Mister Donuts in my neighborhood is slowly becoming terrible. They were great in the 90's but now, I think they have worsened their donut recipes. I could stomach Krispy's and even J.Co's but not the Mister Donuts. Dunkin Donuts can go die in a fire.

tumblr_npvc3jDLqx1u0nds3o1_500.gif

They closed all except two of the Krispy Kreme stores here but you can still buy them at 7/11 chains.

Mmmm, gas station fresh.

Ludens

Banned
So yesterday I noticed I lost 70000 FM in SFV. I checked all the colors I unlocked in Survival mode (Easy/Normal) and yeah, I should have around 270k from those modes plus story mode only, excluding boni you get when you level up.
Is there a way to contact Capcom? 70k FM are a LOT, almost one character.

Dr Dogg

You've never had a doughnut until you've had a beef doughnut.

http://thefeastieboys.co.uk/

Talking of food I might have to go reinstall CSD now.

So yesterday I noticed I lost 70000 FM in SFV. I checked all the colors I unlocked in Survival mode (Easy/Normal) and yeah, I should have around 270k from those modes plus story mode only, excluding boni you get when you level up.
Is there a way to contact Capcom? 70k FM are a LOT, almost one character.

I'm 9K short in Fight Money. Sent them an email with links to pics of my rewards tab showing where it was that I've not been credited. So far all I got back was a stock reply that they're looking in to it.

I emailed feedback@capcom.com

Balthuk

should I buy The Culling preorder? it comes out in couple of days... watched it on twitch a bit and quite liked it.

I don't see any preorder bonuses plus we are talking about preordering an early access game with about a full year of development left. Plus from a steam announcement " a 10% discount will be offered to players who purchase the game from March 8 to March 14. " so at least wait until the 14th?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Donuts arent that great, you're not missing out on much.

depends on the donuts, the tiny traditional bakery that was down the street made the most amazing donuts, every other donut I ate in my life just can't compare. But everything tasted great there...everything was still handmade without baking mixtures and such crap

Sadly the owners retired a few years ago :'(

All the other donuts you get here in germany in those damn bakery franchises are shit compared to them

I mourn the dying of our good old bakery's...

#savegermanysbakerys

Ludens

Banned
I'm 9K short in Fight Money. Sent them an email with links to pics of my rewards tab showing where it was that I've not been credited. So far all I got back was a stock reply that they're looking in to it.

I emailed feedback@capcom.com

Where is the reward page?
I formatted my hdd and I had 290k so FM were here at some point, when I reinstalled the game I noticed I lost 70k, in fact now I have only 220k. I tried to do other survival etc, but all I got were 1000 FM from the tutorial.

If you open up notifications you can tab though stuff like 'All' 'Server Messages' 'Invites' and there's one labelled 'Rewards' which shows Levels gained, colours unlocked, and importantly Fight Money earned. All of them have timestamps so it's quite easy to see where things weren't awarded properly.

Since I formatted, the reward list is pretty much empty, all I can see are 1000 FM from the tutorial the game gave me for some reasons and that's it.

Dr Dogg

Where is the reward page?
I formatted my hdd and I had 290k so FM were here at some point, when I reinstalled the game I noticed I lost 70k, in fact now I have only 220k. I tried to do other survival etc, but all I got were 1000 FM from the tutorial.

If you open up notifications you can tab though stuff like 'All' 'Server Messages' 'Invites' and there's one labelled 'Rewards' which shows Levels gained, colours unlocked, and importantly Fight Money earned. All of them have timestamps so it's quite easy to see where things weren't awarded properly.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

qzNSxgo.jpg
Heroes Reborn Enigma iOS -- MB-C365FC7A1D05071A

Arthea

just checked
Stardew Valley is now at 135K
Dang ~ 30K
Disgaea ~ 40K

whoever said that my predictions suck, kindly take that back now!
Disgaea did sell better just as I said it will, although Dang numbers are better than I expected, those glowing steam reviews probably helped some.
it didn't help Trails, tho
so I'm not sure that's it, maybe it's just popular series. Judging by Dang, Steins Gate should sell at least ~50K day one, if/when released on steam and if price isn't high.

depends on the donuts, the tiny traditional bakery that was down the street made the most amazing donuts, every other donut I ate in my life just can't compare. But everything tasted great there...everything was still handmade without baking mixtures and such crap

Sadly the owners retired a few years ago :'(

All the other donuts you get here in germany in those damn bakery franchises are shit compared to them

I mourn the dying of our good old bakery's...

#savegermanysbakerys
Berliner>
Some evidence that Scalebound might come to Windows 10 store.
Seeing QB, Gears and Forza coming to PC, Scalebound & ReCore not coming would surprise me at this point really.

Crazy how expectations changed drastically so quick.

Arthea

KT HWB today?

I again forgot which BlazBlue game is which. I thought there were only 3 games for some reason too.

pudding > donuts anyway

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Berliner>

both are awesome if done well... but it's the same problem, almost no good Berliner left in stores :p

but now I will grab some Berliner later... yummy

And don't let me start with Schweineohren, didn't have a good one in years :p

sorry for off topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom