• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berliner>

Seeing QB, Gears and Forza coming to PC, Scalebound & ReCore not coming would surprise me at this point really.

Crazy how expectations changed drastically so quick.

and yet stay the same

10772s.jpg

Picked up Stardew Valley with mostly card money. I don't have time for this.

Oh, and for those keeping track (
read : everyone
), I'm up to 12 movies watched this year, only 38 left to go.

But how many books?

Zero.

Which is why I'm not keeping track in that thread haha. Just have a drive document set up. It's been a nice push to watch movies I've wanted to, but never got around to.

Seems unlikely. Nintendo has stayed mum on how Bayonetta 2 performed (even the VG CHARTZ!!! plucked-out-on-thin-air numbers has it at <1m) and given it was in development for at least two years, there's no doubt in my mind Nintendo hasn't recouped costs. Throwing money at a cult favourite was ultimately a fruitless endeavour and did nothing to change the Wii U's fortune, so why would Nintendo sign off on the very same tactic for the NX??

Nintendo always funds weird shit that doesnt make sense financially.

Far Cry Primal PC GTX 970 vs R9 390 Frame-Rate Test

- huuuge rift. 390 ~20fps above 970
- AMD also had big advantage on Far Cry 4
- 970 stock, 390 basically overclocked 290 (their words not mine)

They used the latest Nvidia drivers (Primal optimized), so there's that for that for "optimization will level performance".
My proposal...

...you didn't answer my proposal yesterday >:|
Flustered but my heart is already taken by a cat.
ReCore was already confirmed a few months ago actually.
Thought it was only an unconfirmed rumor but already confirmed? Wow.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Indie Gala "Phoenix Online" Bundle

Pay $1 or more to get these Steam games!

Face Noir (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Heroes & Legends: Conquerors of Kolhar (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Lost Civilization (STEAM)

Pay $1.99 or more (ONLY FIRST 24h) and get all 9 AWESOME STEAM GAMES!

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - Season One + OST Vol 1 (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
The Last Door - Collector's Edition (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Quest for Infamy (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Morningstar: Descent to Deadrock (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Moebius: Empire Rising (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
League of Patriots Season Pass (STEAM) + :tradingcard:

https://www.indiegala.com/phoenix

Vlad

depends on the donuts, the tiny traditional bakery that was down the street made the most amazing donuts, every other donut I ate in my life just can't compare. But everything tasted great there...everything was still handmade without baking mixtures and such crap

Sadly the owners retired a few years ago :'(

All the other donuts you get here in germany in those damn bakery franchises are shit compared to them

I mourn the dying of our good old bakery's...

#savegermanysbakerys

Sounds like the DC area. Growing up in northern CA, where there seems to always be plenty of options for great local donut places (and if all else failed, Winchell's wasn't half bad, from what I remember), moving to DC is a nightmare for donuts. There's one good donut place, but it's closer to Baltimore, really, and everything else is either a Krispy Kreme, which I loathe, or a Dunkin Donuts, which I honestly don't understand how anybody likes. Every donut I've ever had from Dunkin is always dry and nasty. There's a few grocery stores where you can get decent ones, but nothing compares to the little local donut-only places.

Does G2A respond to Paypal dispute claims?

they actually have decent customer service from my experience. I bought MKX Premium Edition through a seller at launch and the seller goofed and gave me a standard MKX key. G2A ended up refunding me my money within 24 hours for the mistake when i just requested a premium upgrade key. I didn't even have their protection thing, either.

but i think they're the devil so maybe i sold my soul or something

data

they actually have decent customer service from my experience. I bought MKX Premium Edition through a seller at launch and the seller goofed and gave me a standard MKX key. G2A ended up refunding me my money within 24 hours for the mistake when i just requested a premium upgrade key. I didn't even have their protection thing, either.

but i think they're the devil so maybe i sold my soul or something

Someone on Steam scammed me saying they'd trade games for a 5$ egamingbets card, which I bought. Would I have any luck with the dispute?

Jawmuncher

Someone on Steam scammed me saying they'd trade games for a 5$ egamingbets card, which I bought. Would I have any luck with the dispute?

As in they said "if you give me this card I will trade you the game?" Probably not then. All you can do is either charge back and never buy their again or just bite the bullet and take it as a life experience.

Buraindo

Finished Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.
Game's got charm and atmosphere in spades thanks to its beautiful graphics, great voice acting, humour and music. The gameplay however didn't impress me as much, with instant-failure QTEs popping out suddenly, poor boss fights, one of the worst "you're being shot take cover" blood screens I've seen so far, and an unique duel mechanic that deserved to be less clunky than it is. The actual shooting is decent and although the chapters all play out more or less the same, the game doesn't last long enough to overstay its welcome and ends after 3-4 hours of playtime.
All in all, recommended if you can handle some minor frustrations here and there and it's a must if you're looking for a good western shooter.

Finished Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.
Game's got charm and atmosphere in spades thanks to its beautiful graphics, great voice acting, humour and music. The gameplay however didn't impress me as much, with instant-failure QTEs popping out suddenly, poor boss fights, one of the worst "you're being shot take cover" blood screens I've seen so far, and an unique duel mechanic that deserved to be less clunky than it is. The actual shooting is decent and although the chapters all play out more or less the same, the game doesn't last long enough to overstay its welcome and ends after 3-4 hours of playtime.
All in all, recommended if you can handle some minor frustrations here and there and it's a must if you're looking for a good western shooter.
i liked it but, yeah, if only it was about 2 hours shorter.

gabbo

Seems unlikely. Nintendo has stayed mum on how Bayonetta 2 performed (even the VG CHARTZ!!! plucked-out-on-thin-air numbers has it at <1m) and given it was in development for at least two years, there's no doubt in my mind Nintendo hasn't recouped costs. Throwing money at a cult favourite was ultimately a fruitless endeavour and did nothing to change the Wii U's fortune, so why would Nintendo sign off on the very same tactic for the NX??

Create an audience for it now to build on in the future?
I'd buy a system for it.

Indie Gala "Phoenix Online" Bundle

https://www.indiegala.com/phoenix
I acquired Heroes & Legends Conquerors of Kolhar today :( Still plenty of goodies in that bundle though.
Yeah. First-hour buy! :)

(Seriously, good job Indiegala, please do more bundles like this one.)
Funny thing about that. Someone on steamgifts noticed that this is the same bundle* a different website did a few months ago:
https://coinplay.io/bundle/rise-of-the-phoenix
Phoenix online probably decided to try the same deal out at a more famous website (given the indiegala one is at 192 as of when I last refreshed the page compared to the 529 life of coinplay).

*-Well I say same but the indiegala version is cheaper and lacking as many OST.

Wonder how long this bundle will last though. I'm just curious if it ends up getting a happy hour.

https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/8/412448792351360333/

Man, this authenticator thing is a mess. This is just ONE example, check the forum to see many others.
I've heard that not receiving the SMS is a long running problem that affects some networks. While I wonder if those networks consider it spam and block it does Valve give a shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom