• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Why are you guys being so mean towards SUPERHOT players? I thought we were supposed to be a community.

Rpeg1qZ.gif

oh please. the game basically tells you to post it along the code. It's like, someone is giving "you" a discount code and you guys still find ways to get pissed by something so innocuous.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Seems unlikely. Nintendo has stayed mum on how Bayonetta 2 performed (even the VG CHARTZ!!! plucked-out-on-thin-air numbers has it at <1m) and given it was in development for at least two years, there's no doubt in my mind Nintendo hasn't recouped costs. Throwing money at a cult favourite was ultimately a fruitless endeavour and did nothing to change the Wii U's fortune, so why would Nintendo sign off on the very same tactic for the NX??

They did this for the Wii (s&p2, the last story, pandora's tower, xenoblade), they continued doing even more so for Wii U, so I wouldn't be surprised if they kept on funding niche titles for the NX too.

It seems to be more about (failed) image building - or catering to a certain subset of players - than money honestly, but who cares, we have gotten some smashing games out of it.

No Man's Sky being a 30 fps game on the PS4 means that if you want to play it in VR youre likely going to need to do so on the PC.

Wonder how the PS4 crowd will take to that

Lain

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Create an audience for it now to build on in the future?
I'd buy a system for it.

Sure, but no company greenlights the development of a game without the intention of turning that investment into a net positive, whether directly or indirectly. Despite the original Bayonetta eventually becoming something of a modest success, Bayonetta 2 launched with a whimper and sales of the Wii U continue to be dismal even in light of further software releases, which would absolutely be a factor in discussions pertaining to possible third-party exclusivity ventures for the NX and leads me to believe that Nintendo is not going to throw millions behind another dormant IP that has an even rockier history (even on Steam the original BG&E is barely at 100k after several years).

Lomax

Mister Donuts in my neighborhood is slowly becoming terrible. They were great in the 90's but now, I think they have worsened their donut recipes. I could stomach Krispy's and even J.Co's but not the Mister Donuts. Dunkin Donuts can go die in a fire.

The removal of trans fats from everything has had a much larger impact on things like this than you'd expect. There was a reason they were popular, they taste good.

Grief.exe

I wonder if it will have full joystick support.

Good chance the flight has been extremely streamlined compared to Elite and Star Citizen.

feels weird to have this indie game that's all about the experience and exploration come with a pre-order incentive

I'd imagine you will ditch that craft fairly quickly.

Finally, I can unleash this, the most perfect of gifs.

ImpoliteSinfulBuzzard.gif

That is an amazing GIF.

BG&E doomed to never sell >_>

Wouldn't that be true regardless of who funded it and what platform it was on? :)

Using logic and/or reason to determine what Nintendo is going to do..

This is 100% accurate.

The trailer should be enough to make anyone want to buy this game.

EDIT: Also saw, not sure if it's been posted yet.

Bayonetta 2 running on Wii U emulator (very early still)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN829it7O_g

I will totally pick up a disc copy of the game if they get it working and it will run well on my PC.

This stuff is one of the best marketing moves I have seen... I was thinking if I should post it also after I played through the story yesterday :p

If by best, you mean "most annoying", you're right. :D
It is smart, but at the same time, it's annoying from the first post with it's hamfisted praise of the game... and it only gets worse as it propagates through a community.

No one would complain that Persona 5 is $60 :V
Course people look down on this cuz it is multiplat now.

Yeaaaaah. It's not a PS4 exclusive. That's TOTALLY why people have an issue with the price.

I wonder if it will have full joystick support.

Good chance the flight has been extremely streamlined compared to Elite and Star Citizen.

Wouldn't joystick support be, at the very least, awkward for exploring? So... you'd have to switch between input method depending on whether you're flying or on foot?

zkylon

zkylewd
no man's zky sounds cool but yeah, i'm not that interested in it

maybe if it's on nuuvem, just cos it's an important game, but nothing about it sounds super inspiring to me

If people don't like it they should just ignore it. It isn't that bad.

yeah it's the last time i'll ask

i kind of wonder what the ratio of actual content superhot posts vs superhot ad spams is

Man, the resolution options on BlazBlue Chronophantasma Extend are odd. There's two different resolution ranges for windowed or fullscreen each with only a few options (for example, you can't do 1920*1080 windowed), and on the fullscreen options there's a 1920 "Full" and a 1920 "Arcade". The backgrounds look pretty good, but I don't remember the characters looking quite this pixelated (but maybe that's because this is my first BlazBlue on PC versus on a TV or Vita).

I wonder what the native resolution of the game is on PS4. 720? 960? EDIT: Apparently the arcade original is in 768P of all things.

Wok

It is amazing that 15 years after the pseudo-game Eignana, which was supposed to be "Google Earth offline" and ended up a pretty empty and inaccurate copy of the Earth, we will get a procedural Universe which can be played offline and is common to every player.

I don't think the two are related, just the marketing idea is the same.

Youtube video: https://youtu.be/jUM3car63Os

Image album:

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I don't think anything was said about it being off topic. That said, is it not possible to edit the content of the link or are people just that lazy?
All this bullying just because we want to share our favorite part of the game: the part where you post a text macro unedited for everyone to see.

Phawx

I'm thinking about going from 16GB of RAM to 32GB of RAM, but I'm not sure how easy it is to tell Windows to passively background load frequently used applications into RAM. Like, i'd like to be able to boot up and then when I want to click iTunes or Photoshop or even the game I'm currently playing or whatever, it's already in RAM.

Now that you mention this, the only thing that I did was set LargeSystemCache to 1. Do you know of any particular tweaks to take advantage of large system RAM?

I only have as much RAM as I do because it was cheap. Would really like to take some better advantage of it but haven't read into it much. (reading more now, though I'd appreciate suggestions.)

5yfNBZX.png

Anyone getting the Explorer's Edition of No Man's Sky? I'm guessing not.

I did just to put myself in line. Not 100% sure though.

Nabs

There's an Alien Isolation code in the Humble Monthly thread. It might be gone by now, but give it a try. Gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom