• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That's besides the point. It doesn't ad anything to discuss about the game itself. Only a community ad ala copy-paste.
And that comes from someone who is interested in the game.

The discussion about it takes up more space than it does in the first place though.

It's on-topic, so therefore must be posted in here, so you guys should just ignore it because it isn't as big a deal as you all make it out to be in the first place.

That's besides the point. It doesn't ad anything to discuss about the game itself. Only a community ad ala copy-paste.
And that comes from someone who is interested in the game.

Discussion? In here?
Are you high on drugs, veggie?

The discussion about it takes up more space than it does in the first place though.

It's on-topic, so therefore must be posted in here, so you guys should just ignore it because it isn't as big a deal as you all make it out to be in the first place.

SUPERHOT IS THE MOST INNOVATIVE SHOOTER IN YEARS. :D

gabbo

Sure, but no company greenlights the development of a game without the intention of turning that investment into a net positive, whether directly or indirectly. Despite the original Bayonetta eventually becoming something of a modest success, Bayonetta 2 launched with a whimper and sales of the Wii U continue to be dismal even in light of further software releases, which would absolutely be a factor in discussions pertaining to possible third-party exclusivity ventures for the NX and leads me to believe that Nintendo is not going to throw millions behind another dormant IP that has an even rockier history (even on Steam the original BG&E is barely at 100k after several years).

While I do tend to agree with you, I can only say that Nintendo is not one to learn its lesson exceedingly quickly if elements of their post-Gamecube ecosystems are anything to go by. Maybe it's just trying to win over Ubisoft again, the one company that leapt at the WiiU with gusto, and then publicly washed its hands of the thing due to sales (ie ZombiU).

My only thought and/or hope is that they actually do believe one of these niche 3rd party gambles will pay off if they keep trying, and they could use it to bolster the NX launch lineup at the very least.

That is true for this as for many other heated topics, I agree.
It is on-topic but it's disheartening to see so few go the minimal effort of adding even one sentence of their own impressions.

iosefe

it's time for you all to reap the benefits

Whosoever gets KotOR 2 HAS to get the Restored content mod. you'll thanks me later
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Knight's of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-9E14012E10865588 - Taken by Deques. 9 entrants total.
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold -- MB-3B0E0208E7E31FC4 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 5 entrants total.

t1457035512z1.png

Arthea

I want NMS, but not 60€ want, it's slightly cheaper everywhere including Australia and Japan, know brits to screw EU, thanks I guess?

Sch1sm

I want NMS, but not 60€ want, it's slightly cheaper everywhere including Australia and Japan, know brits to screw EU, thanks I guess?

Is it really cheaper for the Brits? Considering currency exchange etc, I mean. £ > €/US$ > CA$/AU$.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
While I do tend to agree with you, I can only say that Nintendo is not one to learn its lesson exceedingly quickly if elements of their post-Gamecube ecosystems are anything to go by. Maybe it's just trying to win over Ubisoft again, the one company that leapt at the WiiU with gusto, and then publicly washed its hands of the thing due to sales (ie ZombiU).

My only thought and/or hope is that they actually do believe one of these niche 3rd party gambles will pay off if they keep trying, and they could use it to bolster the NX launch lineup at the very least.

Oh, I'd absolutely love for the rumour to be true given BG&E2 doesn't seem to be within Ubi's post-AssCreed purview. Better the game releases as a platform exclusive than not at all.

Dr Dogg

Printed on GD2 550gsm, and not on the usual art paper 130gsm?

Even that's pushing it. I can remember we did some inserts on 325gsm and even that was like only cereal box thickness. From that picture the No Mans Sky artbook would have to be made up of wood block carvings to represent actual thickness.

Hopefully someone like Titan or Blue Canvas actually pick up a deal with Sony and release a full fat artbook for it. I mean if The Order got that treatment then surely No Mans Sky will right?

Messiah

Played a few hours of BB: CPE with leafhopper in my cozy lobby.

The netcode is real solid (from central europe to US east even).

Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend is a much better port than Continuum Shift extend was for me. Netcode is better (CSE's wasn't bad) and the game runs better.

Dr Dogg

The netcode is real solid.

I was shocked, SHOCKED! that the 64 player lobbies weren't in the Steam version. Thankfully the Player Lobbies are still all cutesy 8bit style though.

Sch1sm

The netcode is real solid (from central europe to US east even).

We know the truth of your lobby.

Now if only we could have good lobbies in SFV. I will complain forever.

How often to those samsung SSDs drop in price? They were the same price roughly when I bought mine 9 months ago :/

When demand dies, or when they release newer ones, of course.

Parsnip

Brace yourself SteamGAF potential sh*tstorm incoming

RUMOR: NINTENDO FUNDING BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL SEQUEL

notlikethis.gif

Also, not a chance.
While history shows that Nintendo does do these things occasionally, I don't believe Ubisoft would lock the sequel to a single platform, at least not permanently.

This was never really officially announced, was it?

That "trailer" we saw one time Ubisoft even said its just a techdemo for their new games, when people were hopings its a new game.

Afaik the only official thing is The Pig Ubidays teaser from... 2008?

If people don't like it they should just ignore it. It isn't that bad.
I bet this is just a quote from someone defending anime posts.

Dead Island: Definitive Collection announced

Dying Light's success bears its first unexpected fruits. Yes, it is coming to PC as well.
• Higher Quality Textures
Game textures have been redone in a higher resolution and the level of quality has been improved across the board
• Photorealistic new lighting system
The lighting system in the game has been vastly improved, providing a much more realistic look to the beautiful sunny tropical setting
• Physically based shading
The introduction of new physically based shading techniques due to the latest iteration of the Chrome Engine means a higher quality look to the game models and objects as they react in a more realistic way to various lighting conditions
• Image quality enhancements via anti-aliasing
The addition of more sophisticated anti-aliasing means that console players can now experience
Dead Island without unsightly “jaggies“ – meaning a much cleaner look throughout
• Improved-quality game models and geometry assets
All major geometry assets (for example: NPCs and character models) highlight a marked quality increase
HBAO and motion blur effects
The introduction of Horizon-based Ambient Occlusion adds a extra layer of depth and realism to the world
Through a better implementation of object shadows, while the all-new motion blur effects will provide a much more cinematic feel to the game experience.
Updated game UI
Providing a more consistent look between both Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide. Increase to equal quality level for seamless game experience.
• The Current-gen Console Experience
The Dead Island Redux Collection will also of course take advantage of the latest console features such as Online 4 Player Co-op, PS Vita Remote-Play (PS4), Share-Play (PS4), streaming and recording
Power Fists Power-up
And last but not least, The fan favourite unofficial PC mod will also now be added to both products. Punch your way through the mayhem with craziest power-up ever!

redlacs

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vox Populi Vox Dei 2 -- MB-B302BC8E31BE61BE - Taken by Kurt Russell
In Between -- MB-A3C9251F9AAD9FC9 - Taken by dave is ok

Turfster

Daily Styx 75% off
Weekend
  • Blood Bowl 2 50% off
  • Square Enix franchises up to 75% off, not everything tho. No, not Final Fantasy, why are you even asking? It's never Final Fantasy.

Dr Dogg

More like who's the developer of that seeing as I was under the impression Deep Silver and Techland we're exactly getting along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom