• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
image_no_man_s_sky-31069-2856_0004.jpg
image_no_man_s_sky-31069-2856_0001.jpg
Seeing no aliasing makes me think this is representative of the PC version. I'm excited. Even without a campaign. Just want to get lost and explore.

While I have beaten the game once this is the 2nd time I've reached the home stretch of Divinity: Original Sin & lost all desire to finish it & I'm not really sure why.

Turfster

Oh, the Eidos Anthology is 85% off instead of the 75% off for most of the Squeidos games. Weird.
Before you ask, no, it doesn't do the "if you own stuff from it, it's cheaper".
Of course it doesn't.

people need to specify with these Square Enix deals if it's the Eidos stuff or the SE stuff

edit: as i said that the final fantasy games go on sale lol

but of course no life is strange

Phawx

Nvidia stays loosing again.

From everything I'm reading it's mostly because everything from nVidia doesn't do well with async compute.

It's not a *huge* deal. Even if this was the case, nVidia does an amazing job optimizing DX11 games which are still numerous. It would just mean that you'd be better served running DX11 on Maxwell and below.

Most likely Pascal will take advantage of DX12 features.

no deal on baba yaga DLC for rise of the tomb raider :(

It's brand new. Of course there isn't. :)

But the first big discount for FF6 I think

Noted. Might have to finally grab that.

FINAL FANTASY VI is 50% off though. How are the fixes for the game going?

Check the group that publishes the mods. Someone was working on replacing all sprites with the originals, but not sure how far along that is. The ability to turn off the smoothing is there via mod though, so if you prefer a pixelated sprite, youc an get it.

it's like bizarro world...lol

Seems about normal for around here lately.

I know Rise of the Tomb Raider and Just Cause 3 are supposed to be getting DX12 patches at some point (no idea when)...I want to see what the actual performance is with that enabled...hopefully those patches come out soon but I have no idea how far along they are in that process

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
FINAL FANTASY VI is 50% off though. How are the fixes for the game going?

Most of the sprite replacement projects are on hold, because Nyxo mentioned it may be possible to replace the sprite sheets with higher resolution ones. There is still a "SNES character sprite restoration project happening but it's not getting as much traction as we had originally hoped and there are literally thousands of sprites to change. There is some pretty promising looking early progress videos though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4x0UF2m_8s

chronomac

Most of the sprite replacement projects are on hold, because Nyxo mentioned it may be possible to replace the sprite sheets with higher resolution ones. There is still a "SNES character sprite restoration project happening but it's not getting as much traction as we had originally hoped and there are literally thousands of sprites to change. There is some pretty promising looking early progress videos though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4x0UF2m_8s

I didn't even know this existed. Once it's done, one way or another, I'll actually buy the game.

Stay tuned to Nintendo Direct tonight!

I just want a Fire Emblem Fates release date :(
Me too :(

Regarding Beyond Good and Evil 2, I just want it so I don't care which console manufacturer funds it.

In Steam news, I'm to too tired from work to play anything :( That being said, I could probably chip away at a game of Civilization so that's my comfort game

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Pinball FX Bundle, yay!

edit: damn, already own all of them except ant-man and the football one

Turfster

Humble Zen Studios 3 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Pinball FX2 Zen Studios FC
  • Pinball FX2 Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Pinball FX2 Star Wars Balance of the Force
  • Pinball FX2 Iron & Steel
  • Pinball FX2 Age of Ultron
  • Pinball FX2 Venom
TIER 2: 5$
  • Pinball FX2 Walking Dead
  • Pinball FX2 Civil War
  • Pinball FX2 Ant-Man
  • Pinball FX2 Star Wars Rebels

Pachimari

Cheer up. It'll get better.
Yeah. At least I have started some projects. I now learn a ton about photography, I am refining my English language skills, starting to learn a 3rd language, I have changed my diet and is strength training and running now. All of those things are good for, but I can't help feel very lonely these weeks. I guess I also miss my ex a little bit. Time will heal me.

This bundle is for me. I have been looking to get the tables. Anyone else playing Pinball FX2?

Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress out March 8th/15th (everywhere), New Patch March 4th

In preparation for the new content, the main game will also be receiving a new update on Friday March 4th that includes the following fixes:

- Reduced initial loading time and in-game loading screens by 20-50%
- Fixed several memory leaks resulting in crashes
- Reduced a number of random crashes
- Improved streaming of game world
- Some performance optimizations related to hitches and stuttering
- Implemented DLC system in preparation of the Air, Land and Sea packages

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of iosefe, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Wars Knight's of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-9E14012E10865588 - Taken by Deques. 9 entrants total.
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold -- MB-3B0E0208E7E31FC4 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 5 entrants total.

t1457035512z1.png

*doing my best Lashman impersonation*

Idle Master Discontinued

in all honesty all their security bs is starting to become a huge inconvenience. I traded a cards with someone and had to wait days for it to go through. If it was a game or something I'd understand but fucking cards. Now with this new rule on the market place they're making it even more annoying. instead they should be focused on removing all the filth that floods the store thanks to their "let the market take care of itself" approach.
Humble Zen Studios 3 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Pinball FX2 Zen Studios FC
  • Pinball FX2 Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Pinball FX2 Star Wars Balance of the Force
  • Pinball FX2 Iron & Steel
  • Pinball FX2 Age of Ultron
  • Pinball FX2 Venom
TIER 2: 5$
  • Pinball FX2 Walking Dead
  • Pinball FX2 Civil War
  • Pinball FX2 Ant-Man
  • Pinball FX2 Star Wars Rebels

a pinball game?
lol, I'll pass.

i wished i liked pinball

Pinball FX is not real tables like Pinball Arcade, right?

When you phrase it like that, Pinball Arcade tables aren't really real either. But yes, Pinball FX are more "arcade" and less "realistic", or something like that.

I approve the new weekly bundle

good. buy $5 tier, then gib me antman.

Talk about polishing a turd.

Not really. The first Dead Island was a solid time in co-op with Ningen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom