• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Anyone have any experience with using two monitors, one an Ultrawide/21:9 and the other just a standard monitor? Any tips on making that work out well.

Oh and yes, I'm a graphic artist, so I will be using all of the screen size.

Just plug both in and use the windows monitor settings to match how your screens are placed on your desk...

It should just work :)

or do you mean something different?

Tellaerin

LIGHTNING RETURNS shall be mine

I've been waiting for this

I'm in a weird place when it comes to FF XIII.

When XIII came out, nobody seemed to like it much. All I heard were complaints that it was too linear, no towns, too much sci-fi, blah blah blah. So I went into it with low expectations, and ended up pleasantly surprised. The story was pretty decent, the characters grew on me (well, except for Vanille, but that wasn't a deal-breaker), the pacing was good, and the mechanics felt solid. Based on that, I was pretty hyped about starting XIII-2.

Complete dead end.

I don't know why, but I can't seem to get into the game at all. Which is weird, since I like the whole time travel/alternate realities thing. Got to the first time area, beat the boss, and haven't gone back to it. Maybe it's that I feel compelled to do all the sidequesty stuff so I don't miss anything, which ends up with me having to talk to every single NPC and backtrack all the time, and makes things drag. I want to like this one, too. Maybe I just need to pick it up again when I'm in the right mood, I dunno.

if i understand grouepss coins correctly, I can only use it to buy a bundle--which will not return the difference of the bundle price and coin value--or trade it on the marketplace for past bundles?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
49.99 PC games are truly dead arent they? ;_;

Dr Dogg

I remember finally buying a copy of FFIII on the SNES. $79.99+tax. Yikes.

Pffft! I bought Tekken on PS One for £70. 2 weeks of arduous work for my next door neighbour who was trying to coerce me to make a bet on the Epsom Derby. But no I was resolute in picking up Tekken. Horse I would have picked came 4th and an eachway bet would have almost doubled my money. Life's a bag of shite!

C4rter

I remember when 40€ were expensive ones and 30€ were normal...

"HL2 is 40€. Damn. They raised their prices!"

I think the most I paid for a PC game ever was for "Command & Conquer: Red Alert" in 1996. For once, because it wasn't cheap back than but I also bought it in like a PC Hardware Store because back in the day I didn't knew a PC game shop. So I paid 110 Deutsche Mark. At the point Germany switched to the Euro (back in 2002) that was roughly 56,24€. I don't know how this price would be inflation-adjusted today, but back in 1996 (at 11 years) it felt like I bought a small car. But maaaaaan was this game worth it. I played the shit out of it and then some.

And best we don't speak about games for the Super Nintendo because they started at around 120 or 130 Deutsche Mark.

I think the most I paid for a PC game ever was for "Command & Conquer: Red Alert" in 1996. For once, because it wasn't cheap back than but I also bought it in like a PC Hardware Store because back in the day I didn't knew a PC game shop. So I paid 110 Deutsche Mark. At the point Germany switched to the Euro (back in 2002) that was roughly 56,24€. I don't know how this price would be inflation-adjusted today, but back in 1996 (at 11 years) it felt like I bought a small car. But maaaaaan was this game worth it. I played the shit out of it and then some.

And best we don't speak about games for the Super Nintendo because they started at around 120 or 130 Deutsche Mark.

I remember Conker was 160DM for whatever reason.

But damn. Nostalgia. I remember C&C and talking with my friends about it.

Wok

Are these individual keys?

By the way, I have a duplicate. I did not expect that I already had Star Wars from a previous bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Wok:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Pinball FX2 Star Wars™ Pinball Balance of the Force Pack -- MB-8E7A5521F00F5DD4 - Taken by Accoun

Few Fallout 4 observations after not having played it for couple of patches:

- Holy shit has the performance improved or what? I used to mostly be at 60 FPS but everything felt janky as hell but now it was butter smooth?

- The patches removed my mods again and I didn't remember that, most importantly the full dialog options mod which leads me to believe that someone at Bethesda who is in charge of the dialog system is either completely oblivious of good dialog systems or just goddamn stupid. Not that the dialog system is any good,
like in the institute speech recording. "Blah blah blah" *dialog option* and then in completely different voice tone "... personal freedom"

Man, I think the patches are way worse. I bought day one, played 74 hours in the first week no issues whatsoever, got sidetracked with life and came back to it yesterday. Random Crashes when entering a new area every hour or so. I only had the real dialogue mod installed too.

C4rter

Cartridges were always quite expensive. I paid like 130DM (65€) for DKC2 :(

I remember Conker was 160DM for whatever reason.
But damn. Nostalgia. I remember C&C and talking with my friends about it.

I never owned a N64, stopped after the SNES and switched to PC but yeah, cartridges were always so expensive, at least in Germany. If you had more than 10, 15 games for the SNES you were like a King on the school yard.

Oh and C&C (2), omg, was that game a blast. I remember going to an Internet Cafe a few weeks after I got the game and we were playing it over LAN for month. Nobody was interested in the Internet in this internet cafe, everybody was playing C&C and Quake 2. That was way before I even knew you could have your own LAN Parties and such.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Madridista, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pinball FX2 Plus Civil War table -- MB-4348FE8092ECCE7C - Taken by cyba89. 3 entrants total.

t1457048772z1.png

I remember finally buying a copy of FFIII on the SNES. $79.99+tax. Yikes.

That's about how much I paid for it used a few years ago, and that was for just the cart. No box or manual or anything.

I think I paid $80 for Chrono Trigger when it came out. I also remember my friend paying $89 for Shadows of the Empire. That was ridiculous

Dr Dogg

RHYTHM HEAVEN MEGAMIX 3DS OUT IN THE WEST THIS YEAR

fuck PCssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAHH

I'm more happy Fire Emblem Fates got a EU release date (fucking miles way at 20th May) and now I can rebuy Super Mario World for about the 5th time. If the NX doesn't usher in an account system I think I might stop buying digital Nintendo tat.

Stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-06A59CE44028DDF4 - Taken by someguyinahat. 2 entrants total.
Never Alone Plus Foxtales DLC -- MB-35D3EBAD09DEBDBA - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 3 entrants total.

t1457046493z1.png

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Stardew Valley is still great, though some of the legendary fish are a pain to catch. It took so long to catch the
glacier fish
, almost gave up on it entirely. Totally not just including this bit to stay relevant to Steam, nope.

RHYTHM HEAVEN MEGAMIX 3DS OUT IN THE WEST THIS YEAR

fuck PCssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAHH

One of the best parts of the Direct.

I'm more happy Fire Emblem Fates got a EU release date (fucking miles way at 20th May) and now I can rebuy Super Mario World for about the 5th time. If the NX doesn't usher in an account system I think I might stop buying digital Nintendo tat.

I just hope that digital downloads/licenses transfer to the NX from both the 3DS and Wii U
, and not neither like I'm expecting

Square Enix publisher weekend deals, but still not FF IX in sight. Sigh...

Kinda surprised with the RotTR discount. The game seems quite successful and it barely released a few weeks ago.

Uzzy

I was just looking at the two Doom alternate covers that ID Software are asking for feedback on which should be the back of the cover sleeve, and I was getting quite incredulous at the prospect of either one of them not getting in, because both are so much better than the godawful cover they're going with that it's unreal (Pun not intended.) Seriously though, how the hell is this not the face of Doom?

I mean, sure, gaming on PC means I'll never have any of them to put on my shelf, but I still want to see good video game art damn it. Especially for framing and sticking on my wall one day. I'd love to get a good version of the original Doom artwork framed.

Dr Dogg

I was just looking at the two Doom alternate covers that ID Software are asking for feedback on which should be the back of the cover sleeve, and I was getting quite incredulous at the prospect of either one of them not getting in, because both are so much better than the godawful cover they're going with that it's unreal (Pun not intended.) Seriously though, how the hell is this not the face of Doom?

I mean, sure, gaming on PC means I'll never have any of them to put on my shelf, but I still want to see good video game art damn it. Especially for framing and sticking on my wall one day. I'd love to get a good version of the original Doom artwork framed.

Buy this instead

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1616559349/

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm deliberating this while buying £15 of eShop credit to grab Earthbound and SMW. Played like a fiddle.

I'm buying SMW and F-Zero now, and I'll probably end up buying Earthbound, A Link To The Past, and Super Metroid when they're released in NA too. I feel like a sucker but it's so worth it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How's Just Cause 3?

I just started in on it about a week ago, probably 10 hours total playtime. I'm enjoying it, as it's basically 3rd person Far Cry 4 with a few new interesting mechanics but a weaker story.

Lots of stuff to do and it's easy to ignore the main story completely and just focus on collecting stuff / liberating towns / doing races / etc which is what I've mostly done after finishing Act 1.

After my 10 or so hours, the game tells me I'm 20% complete.

fertygo

Yo bro, have you checked the steam wallet deals on blanja.com?
You can get 120k wallet for 98k, for example. I've bought some already.

Damn that's good, I don't have CC tho :(

And I'm kinda in low money anyway, so I don't think gonna buy anything on Steam for time being.

I still have a lot to play anyway from last year purchase

Anno

How many people here are subscribed to Humble Monthly? And are you happy with it? Just looking through the previous bundles they have at the bottom it seems pretty solid as someone who doesn't have a ton of games to overlap with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom