• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portugeezer

I know 99% of you guys are on Windows, is it time to upgrade to Windows 10 yet? I've been holding off mainly because I didn't want to go through the hassle with no real benefit in upgrading. How long is the update? Is it annoying?

Games' wise, is there a reason to upgrade now or in near future?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
If/When either TMCC or Halo 5 comes to PC i cant wait to see the salt out of that announcement

I mean it's the last big MS franchise to not have a recent announcement for PC, right?

Benedict

Humble Zen Studios 3 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Pinball FX2 Zen Studios FC
  • Pinball FX2 Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Pinball FX2 Star Wars Balance of the Force
  • Pinball FX2 Iron & Steel
  • Pinball FX2 Age of Ultron
  • Pinball FX2 Venom
TIER 2: 5$
  • Pinball FX2 Walking Dead
  • Pinball FX2 Civil War
  • Pinball FX2 Ant-Man
  • Pinball FX2 Star Wars Rebels

Only missing Ant-man in the 5$ tier so I'll guess I'll go for 1$ where I'm missing several tables.
If you have-Ant-man left over I would like tp get it please :)

If/When either TMCC or Halo 5 comes to PC i cant wait to see the salt out of that announcement

I mean it's the last big MS franchise to not have a recent announcement for PC, right?
Despite MS's latest policy regards exclusivity, MCC I lost hope for somehow. Unrelated to MS but same goes for RDR. RPCS3 save us.

Despite MS's latest policy regards exclusivity, MCC I lost hope for somehow. Unrelated to MS but same goes for RDR. RPCS3 save us.

if rumors that Halo 5 seriously underperformed are true, i think that might force their hand.

if anything, i can see TMCC not coming over because it was cobbled together by like 5 studios and is likely a fucking coding nightmare to bring to another platform

Tomasety

6R24w2Y.png

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
You guys didn't enjoy that HOT Windows Vista port of Halo 2? That probably might still be able to run in Win7, and almost certainly doesn't run at all in Win10.

Wouldn't buying games like Scalebound or Halo 5 on the PC require the Win10 store though?

I ain't throwing a dime at that piece of crap.
I may as well since I'm only gonna play it on one or the other and between the two I'd rather play Platinum on PC.

I do not want to run the game at Platinum 30fps.

Jawmuncher

Far Cry Primal and Far Cry 4 map comparison - how similar are they?

- water ways eerily similar
- some impassable mountains changed
- looks like same template with certain places changed slightly to keep production cost down

You guys didn't enjoy that HOT Windows Vista port of Halo 2? That probably might still be able to run in Win7, and almost certainly doesn't run at all in Win10.
I got all the achievements in that actually

Wouldn't buying games like Scalebound or Halo 5 on the PC require the Win10 store though?

I ain't throwing a dime at that piece of crap.

it might, yeah.

I wouldn't buy it day one or day 600 or whatever but if i could get it for around $10 at some point then why not? at that price, it's like a rental that i might keep

Pachimari

I had none of those tables but the Civil War one. So I'm giving away the base game of Pinball FX2 (that's what it says on Humble Bundle anyway) + the Civil War table.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pinball FX2 Plus Civil War table -- MB-4348FE8092ECCE7C - Taken by cyba89. 3 entrants total.

t1457048772z1.png

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I got all the achievements in that actually

I don't recall it actually being that bad at the time. It just was weird seeing a console game ported the other way. And then looking at those textures and stuff compared to Farcry1 and the like was just... sad.

it might, yeah.

I wouldn't buy it day one or day 600 or whatever but if i could get it for around $10 at some point then why not?

Well, I already own an Xbox One. I figure that if I can make the time for it, I'll just grab Scalebound on console. Then in a decade when I finally upgrade my computer, I'll get the PC version for practically nothing.

But I'm not convinced the Win10 store will last that long.

MS probably should have just went with Steam, but then again, Steam is too big already. Valve needs something that sorta resembles competition, their service is just going to get worse.

Wok

Any tip on what is the cheapest way to get a No Man's Sky Steam key so far?

Maybe there is a better discount than the -10% on Humble Store for Humble Monthly subscribers?

NHroBay.png

Dsyndrome

Was the current thread title always what it is now?

I plan to get the HB when I get home, I like pinball enough to get them since I'm missing all those tables.

I know 99% of you guys are on Windows, is it time to upgrade to Windows 10 yet? I've been holding off mainly because I didn't want to go through the hassle with no real benefit in upgrading. How long is the update? Is it annoying?

Games' wise, is there a reason to upgrade now or in near future?

DirectX 12 will be exclusive to Windows 10, so you'll want to at least in the near future.

The update was pretty hassle free. I was going to do a clean install, but then just opted for the lazy way. Haven't had any issues since.

Lain

Any tip on what is the cheapest way to get a No Man's Sky Steam key so far?

Maybe there is a better discount than the -10% on Humble Store for Humble Monthly subscribers?

NHroBay.png

Get a Canadian to get it for you.

And if you find one willing to, let me know.

anyone here remember 3DMark03? I mustve run that thing dozens of times back in the day.

i miss awesome benchmark tools. SteamVR scratched that itch for a minute there though

tempted to find it somewhere and see how my 980 holds up lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Black Desert Online is doing absolutely nothing for me. I really am done with MMOs I guess /shrug

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I thought it was strange that I had a new sunless sea key in the page when I was getting the next games, I guess thats why

so...whoever won the sunless sea from my giveaway, hit me up I guess? :/

fspm claimed your Door Kickers key. There were 7 entrants.
yoshizzle claimed your Retro City Rampage DX key. There were 2 entrants.
Avinexus claimed your Sunless Sea key. There were 10 entrants.

Thanks again for being generous.

Avinexus I guess

edit: double poooooooooooooooooooost

Lain

Black Desert Online is doing absolutely nothing for me. I really am done with MMOs I guess /shrug

I'm still hoping someone sends me a guest pass code to see how it is. Game gives me some UO vibes, but some other things really don't make me feel like putting the money down.

Care to detail why the game does nothing for you?

Rhaknar

I remember someone comparing Black Desert combat to Dragon's Dogma, I think? Are they really similar?

err no, not at all, at least not from what ive seen so far. Its like Tera or Blade and Soul. Its "targetless" mmo basically

Grizza

How would someone with Windows 7 go about upgrading to Windows 10? Do I plug my Windows 7 key on some website or something, and follow some prompts?

Eila

How would someone with Windows 7 go about upgrading to Windows 10? Do I plug my Windows 7 key on some website or something, and follow some prompts?

Is it up to date? You should have recieved an annoying notification to update in your taskbar ages ago.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Anyone have any experience with using two monitors, one an Ultrawide/21:9 and the other just a standard monitor? Any tips on making that work out well.

Oh and yes, I'm a graphic artist, so I will be using all of the screen size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom