• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you phrase it like that, Pinball Arcade tables aren't really real either. But yes, Pinball FX are more "arcade" and less "realistic", or something like that.

i meant if the boards are based off of real pinball boards or if they're just made up boards.

I dont think that the latter is a bad thing btw, i just get pinball arcade and zen pinball mixed up

pislit

Anyone from SEA who had experience with Humble Bundle physical goods? Do they deliver? And does it take long. I like that shirt.

Lomax

Pinball FX2 is better than real pinball because it doesn't have the compulsive need to steal your quarters. Anyone but the most ardent pinball fan should appreciate that (and Pinball Arcade exists for them). That $1 tier is amazing and everyone should buy it. Most of those tables have never even been 75% off on steam.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If you want to hear an unpopular opinion, here's one: I think the original Dead Island is better than Dying Light. No, I can't explain it. I just enjoyed it more.

enjoying it more and thinking its a better game are 2 very different things tho

Turfster

Man the fucking final document in the baba yaga dlc is pissing me off.
The timing of the "puzzle" is super-tight, and half the time, the ledge detection doesn't fucking trigger.

rtcn63

Dead Island had the loot/crafting thing going for it. From what I've seen of Dying Light, there's much less weapon variety, and assault rifles are OP.

zkylon

zkylewd
everything is fun with friends

i had a great time with this crap cos i was playing it with friends, it's just how it works

cos no matter how shitty the game is you're still goofing around with your friends which is entertaining in itself

heck, i even liked doto that one time i played with a friend :>

Grim Fandango is a lot better when it's not throwing brain injuring shit puzzle after shit puzzle at you. Shit really hit the fan between the burning gophers and the moving of the sign section, along with the weird tree tower that you have to use a wheelbarrow on. It was like a trifecta of the worst things any adventure game could come up with.

Now, in year 2, it's moving along swimmingly. Great characters, great setting, and i just want to squeeze every bit of dialogue out of all of these characters.

I just don't know how people beat this game in the 90s without wanting to throw their crt monitors across the room though

zkylon

zkylewd
Grim Fandango is a lot better when it's not throwing brain injuring shit puzzle after shit puzzle at you. Shit really hit the fan between the burning gophers and the moving of the sign section, along with the weird tree tower that you have to use a wheelbarrow on. It was like a trifecta of the worst things any adventure game could come up with.

Now, in year 2, it's moving along swimmingly. Great characters, great setting, and i just want to squeeze every bit of dialogue out of all of these characters.

I just don't know how people beat this game in the 90s without wanting to throw their crt monitors across the room though

the forest is the worst section in the game

don't worry, rubacava is freaking fantastic

puzzles are still convoluted and nonsensical af but man the look and the writing of the place is incredible

Wok

Seeing no aliasing makes me think this is representative of the PC version. I'm excited. Even without a campaign. Just want to get lost and explore.

These screenshots scream insta-buy day one.

U42Trjw.png

Indie games these days.

They even have real PR.

ZK1Timc.png

cwzGva0.png

Sober

JC3 is slightly cheaper cause I own ROTTR, by a couple cents because of the duo pack and the bundle discount. Neat.

From everything I'm reading it's mostly because everything from nVidia doesn't do well with async compute.

It's not a *huge* deal. Even if this was the case, nVidia does an amazing job optimizing DX11 games which are still numerous. It would just mean that you'd be better served running DX11 on Maxwell and below.

Most likely Pascal will take advantage of DX12 features.
So what I take from this is, there is a disadvantage on a technical level on Nvidia cards inhibiting them from getting AMD-level gains from async compute? Seems very strange designing a new architecture (Maxwell) and not being forward-thinking when it was known that async will be more important. I find that weird. Maybe their team is still polishing async abilities and wait to release them via driver update until more games even support DX12. (I'm no tech head, just guessing with half-knowledge. Find this topic interesting.)

weshes195

Sad that Final Fantasy isn't compatible with a Mac :( Was hoping to finally get into the FF series.

One day I will get a PC or older playstation!

Salsa

Could you see the image better while playing compared to how it looks in the photo?
Feels like there is too much light.

ay man I didnt win 3 rounds of drinks by not lookin

the cool thing about unexpected videogames is that people suck at em

but yea it looked great in person

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vox Populi Vox Dei 2 -- MB-BA3686BAF8BEDE94 - Taken by Purkake4
remove the symbol

Few Fallout 4 observations after not having played it for couple of patches:

- Holy shit has the performance improved or what? I used to mostly be at 60 FPS but everything felt janky as hell but now it was butter smooth?

- The patches removed my mods again and I didn't remember that, most importantly the full dialog options mod which leads me to believe that someone at Bethesda who is in charge of the dialog system is either completely oblivious of good dialog systems or just goddamn stupid. Not that the dialog system is any good,
like in the institute speech recording. "Blah blah blah" *dialog option* and then in completely different voice tone "... personal freedom"

glad i checked my game list. most of the pinball tables were in a previous bundle already. i got 10+ tables and haven't even played it yet

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

FORCED -- MB-6116FF2EF0C9CD97 - Taken by TheAutomator
Duet -- MB-DF6E2C3B9768C09E - Taken by Kifimbo
poop

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Superstatic -- MB-A43E98E5F099F983 - Taken by GaussTek
StarMade -- MB-89B4EAB9F09D8743 - Taken by kagamin

This gif is shameless lifted from a gaming side thread on Strafe but in case anyone needs convincing that they should watch that trailer...

strafe_game_by_digi_matrix-d9tw52h.gif

The rocket jumping, propelling yourself into the air with a laser beam aimed at the ground, wall climbing with an assault rifle, ricocheting shots off of a wall to kill a target...mechanically this game looks absolutely brilliant.

That gif doesn't capture the music though.
I demand you replace it with a webm.

https://u.pomf.is/hznmyj.webm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom