• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I got stuck here two, just undo the latch you used to lock the door lol (look up/down, I forget)
last save is usable
really?

dang

i already re-solved most of the mountain heh

That ship puzzle you got stuck on was one of the few I had to use a walkthrough for. It's the kind of puzzle which (SPOILER)
you find in the bamboo forest area.
yeah that part i got, it's just the colors that i find difficult. like i have the very obvious theory but it's hard to test it since it's a difficult puzzle overall

i'll probably go back to it later

Also did you ever notice that (SPOILER)
the pond/lake between the town and quarry was changing as you played through the game? I noticed it about half way through and I could never figure out until the end what was happening there. It was only after finally finishing the game that I realized the pond was actually a map of the island that was tracking your progress as you played through. The lamps in the water would light up when you activated a laser, the flowers would bloom when you found an audio log and so on. The lake is actually shaped like the island from what I can tell so it serves as a guide for where you can go to find stuff. I thought that was super cool.
i actually didn't, i read up on it like an hour ago, it's pretty awesom actuallye. really subtle but it makes a lot of sense

kind of like a lot in this game it's right in front of your face but you have to stop and look

Jay RaR

The sales for XIII-2 and Lightning Returns look so..tempting...

but I'll just wait. Gotta try to clear most of my games in my backlog to consider buying any more games
haha

http://store.steampowered.com/app/443380/

header.jpg

Ozium

Grabbed Goddess Returns and Twilight Princess HD comes out today and also the Humble Monthly titles...

and I'll probably just end up playing Stardew Valley and Town of Salem

Did anyone notice that the price of No Man's Sky went up in quite a few countries? India, Russia, Brazil, SEA and CIS countries as far as I can tell. I pre-ordered it at the lower price so it doesn't affect me personally but still not a cool move from the devs.

EDIT - add Norway, Switzerland, New Zealand and the UAE to that list.

Did anyone notice that the price of No Man's Sky went up in quite a few countries? India, Russia, Brazil, SEA and CIS countries as far as I can tell. I pre-ordered it at the lower price so it doesn't affect me personally but still not a cool move from the devs.

Bandai-Namco did the same with DS3 a few days ago....

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

Normalizing effect? Does it equal the US price?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yeah, it almost doubled in Russia -- from 1049 Rubadubdubs to 1999.

Dr Dogg

Now THAT would be an interesting game.

What? Like some weird food based Katamari type game with a gigantic Bagel rolling around the streets of Tokyo, sucking up all the seemingly edible things it passes. Obviously you lose progress if you touch inedible things. Sort of like a combination of Katamari and I Am Bread. Be right up just setting up a crowdfunding project.

PranooY

Shit, should have got it before the price rise.

kagamin

What? Like some weird food based Katamari type game with a gigantic Bagel rolling around the streets of Tokyo, sucking up all the seemingly edible things it passes. Obviously you lose progress if you touch inedible things. Sort of like a combination of Katamari and I Am Bread. Be right up just setting up a crowdfunding project.

I'm in for the $150 tier

Arthea

I can live without NMS, can NMS live without me? that is the question

I'll pick it, eventually, sub $20, if it's everything I hoped for. It's actually kinda good, that price I mean, I don't need any more games for a year or two or two hundred anyway.

edited:
Tokyo Babel looks oddly familiar, not sure why

Normalizing effect? Does it equal the US price?

Nope. Still much cheaper than $60 in the usual countries (India, Russia, Brazil etc.). I think they used Valve's recommended price conversion yesterday and then decided to increase it for some reason today.

Yeah, it almost doubled in Russia -- from 1049 Rubadubdubs to 1999.

About 50% increase in price here in India. Some countries seem to have much smaller percentage increases (Singapore for example got an ~8% increase in price).

Nope. Still much cheaper than $60 in the usual countries (India, Russia, Brazil etc.). I think they used Valve's recommended price conversion yesterday and then decided to increase it for some reason today.

Yar, I remember the same happening to The Witcher 3. I just figured they looked into the currency conversion after setting the initial price and went "what the heck? This is way too low!"

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
No, of course not. At least for the Swiss price, didn't check others.
70 chf=70.4$
Usual practice, anyway, even the EU price (60€) equals to 65$.

About 50% increase in price here in India. Some countries seem to have much smaller percentage increases (Singapore for example got an ~8% increase in price).

well shit.
the dream is over.

Lain

Thinking of getting Styx: Master of Shadows but it looks like a game that's gonna be in a bundle very soon.

If you plan to play right now, get it. I'm currently playing it and it's pretty good, definitely worth the (discounted) asking price.
If it's more of just a curiosity then yeah, wait for a bundle.

Would have grabbed it right away on the MG store before, but with no Steam key being given anymore, I'll have to wait for it to be purchasable on Steam.

-

Any Canadian SteamGAFfer up and about and willing to buy No Man's Sky for me?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Can you realistically play CAVE's SHMUP game with one hand?

Sorry for the personal question, but can you use your affected arm at all?

Just asking so that I have a better picture to answer your question.

I have a friend who was born with only one hand, but he can still use his "stump" (<- there must be a better word for that) to press buttons on a keyboard or arcade stick... he even is really good :p

but your situation could be totaly different, so some infos would help :)

Tim Sweeney from Epic talks about Microsoft's strategy with their Win 10 store and UWPs. He's not too impressed by their direction.

http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-pc-games-development-epic-games-gears-of-war

Tim Sweeney is a man you listen to when he speaks about gaming.

Microsoft's response:
In response to Sweeney’s allegations, Kevin Gallo, corporate vice president of Windows at Microsoft, told the Guardian: “The Universal Windows Platform is a fully open ecosystem, available to every developer, that can be supported by any store. We continue to make improvements for developers; for example, in the Windows 10 November Update, we enabled people to easily side-load apps by default, with no UX required.

“We want to make Windows the best development platform regardless of technologies used, and offer tools to help developers with existing code bases of HTML/JavaScript, .NET and Win32, C+ + and Objective-C bring their code to Windows, and integrate UWP capabilities. With Xamarin, UWP developers can not only reach all Windows 10 devices, but they can now use a large percentage of their C# code to deliver a fully native mobile app experiences for iOS and Android. We also posted a blog on our development tools recently.”

Lain

Only now saw this interview with the developer of Gocco of War on Playism as I was purchasing Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight.

Nothing really in-depth in it (it's a short interview) but I liked the feel I got from the devs.
Statements like
PeakVox was working on console games for a long time, so we still need some more practice to have an optimized PC game, so we are trying to have better controls or options so that PC gamers can be satisfied.
are nice to read, especially because in their case it shows, as they have kept updating the game after release, listening to feedback, making adjustments, even adding the coveted 60fps option.

Dr Dogg

You know I was very nonchalantly going to say 'Well time to move to SteamOS then' but thought why not have a look at the state of that right now. Now I know some titles have been steadily getting a Linux versions but looking at what you have on offer there today is a pretty great selection of stuff to suit all tastes and at a rough count at least 1,100 titles. Granted I know in some instances performance isn't on par with their Windows counterparts but I might set up a Linux/SteamOS partition and go have a look for myself first hand.

Lain

You know I was very nonchalantly going to say 'Well time to move to SteamOS then' but thought why not have a look at the state of that right now. Now I know some titles have been steadily getting a Linux versions but looking at what you have on offer there today is a pretty great selection of stuff to suit all tastes and at a rough count at least 1,100 titles. Granted I know in some instances performance isn't on par with their Windows counterparts but I might set up a Linux/SteamOS partition and go have a look for myself first hand.

One would hope Vulkan will help with the performance part.

Dr Dogg

One would hope Vulkan will help with the performance part.

Well for games going forward yeah you'd hope but for existing titles unless that developer want to go off and add a new API to there title then you'd more than likely be looking at GPU vendors drivers or patches to address any specific issues that could help with performance.

Regardless I think for anyone with a sizeable Steam Library and an Intel CPU, Nvidia GPU combo should at least go check out for themselves first hand. Actually It's been a while since I checked out how AMD hardware performed under Linux so even than might have improved.

It'll be an interesting game if we switch L with S.

Yes, I can confirm this.
The game was priced at $30 at first, then they changed to $44 a few hours later. Indonesian store.

fertygo

Sorry for the personal question, but can you use your affected arm at all?

Just asking so that I have a better picture to answer your question.

I have a friend who was born with only one hand, but he can still use his "stump" (<- there must be a better word for that) to press buttons on a keyboard or arcade stick... he even is really good :p

but your situation could be totaly different, so some infos would help :)

No problem dude.

Nah I don't use my affected arm at all7

XShagrath

Guess I already had one. Steam problems.

ModBot said:
Instructions for XShagrath:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Faeria -- MB-CCE33BF8516969DF - Taken by crazyrabbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom