• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Pre-ordering the game yesterday got me a 40% discount over today's price. I might be prescient!

At the very least they should let users modify their selling price while the item is in Valve's possession without re-triggering the 15 day cooldown. So if the price of a card or item drops, I can change my listing price without having to take the item back into my inventory.

Its really silly at this point. I find it hard to believe that their security and systems have been breached so badly that they need to take these drastic measures. 15 days?? Like come on man. Its bad enough cards take forever to idle and sell at decent price..but now they are tampering with the economy which will make things even less liquid. I don't really see a point in using the market anymore.

Its really silly at this point. I find it hard to believe that their security and systems have been breached so badly that they need to take these drastic measures. 15 days?? Like come on man. Its bad enough cards take forever to idle and sell at decent price..but now they are tampering with the economy which will make things even less liquid. I don't really see a point in using the market anymore.

I took it as a sign of them backing away from the human interaction of trade complaints and customer service in that area.

Keep in mind, the restriction also came with the caveat that they will no longer be manually re-adding items to accounts that were lost in scams.

This is their "it's on you" policy and nothing more. Unfortunately, like the card drop times took the massive hit when they implemented refunds, card sales are taking the hit here.

Vlad

i'm glad i stuck with it tho, it never quite had its "holy shit" fez moment and i really don't care for all of its talos principle esque philosophical nonsense,

Fez had a "holy shit" moment? While I "finished" it (got the credits and a
first-person mode which didn't seem to have any practical use)
, I don't think I got 100% on it, from what I remember. The game just seemed like a bland, but pretty, platformer with an interesting gimmick that never really got utilized in any interesting way.

, I don't think I got 100% on it, from what I remember. The game just seemed like a bland, but pretty, platformer with an interesting gimmick that never really got utilized in any interesting way.

the game has a weird alphabet to decrypt and a bunch of nonsense that i have zero will to follow through with because by the time i finished the game the first time around i had had my fill of it.

It's the Undertale problem of once i hit what feels like a legit ending to a game i've usually reached my tolerance for said game too, meaning fhat if the devs did some stupid shit like want me to play the game again to get the REAL EXPERIENCE then they can go pound sand, i'm done with it.

Ludens

Banned

You can exploit trades, you can't exploit market purchases. Forcing this stuff into market purchases (and sells) it's just a way to have their crappy app installed on many devices.

They can use sms authy, if they want: but Valve doesn't want to spend money, like...at all.
So it's better force the use of their app and call the day, Valve defense force will do the rest.

Also their app works like crap, apparently, if you check mobile community hub, it's literally plenty of people having issues with it.

As I wrote in another thread, Valve was great back in days. They basically saved PC gaming, being the inspiration of other services like GOG, in example.

Now they basically only care about money. I know, they are a corporation, but at this point, EA with Origin offers a much better service than Valve. Yeah, discounts are crap on Origin, the catalogue is small, but if you have a problem you can solve it with customer care in a couple of hours. With Valve, you are lucky if you actually can solve your problem at all. In a month or less, of course.

ArjanN

lol

Partners in Japan seem annoying :p

What I heard from local manga/anime publishers points to that. I do wonder if it's all a product of incidents like the HarmonyGold one, or if it was always like that.

It was like that 10 years ago with anime publishers and talking to some german publishers now, its still quite bad.

If you buy the rights for a korean, chinese, french, indian whatever movie, you buy the rights and can do almost everything you want with it. At least they wont care much what you do with it.
If you buy the rights to an anime, they dictate almost everything that you can do/have to do with the property. "We need to check if we like the cover." "You cant include a booklet with your DVD. If you do we will terminate the contract." "We can terminate the contract whenever we feel like it."
I have a lot of stories to tell how the negotiations went. Its really horrible, when you actually have the impressions "Japanese are nice people." After that you feel like they are the worst to have negotiations with.

There were 2 cases in Germany where it happened. One big publisher had enough of these and stopped releasing anime completely, because the negotiations were always like that and the earnings werent enough to justify having such stress.
In another case Kodansha just terminated the contract of a german manga publisher, because they wanted to work together with another one. And it had a clause in the contract that stated "we can terminate it whenever we want without any reasons."

DP
ost
:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/393750

header.jpg

r3n4ud

Stuffs
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Kill the Plumber -- MB-C26C707723B291FA - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Pirates Deck -- MB-18D2CB155695CBEC
They came from the Moon -- MB-73FFE09A8A4BAA6D - Taken by Hektor
Job the Leprechaun -- MB-8AEDBBD596B6CA49 - Taken by OmarYusaf
Simple Rockets -- MB-34D4BEDEC7569315 - Taken by Saty
Adventures of Tree -- MB-9D91C375C89199BF - Taken by Costa1774
Legends of Solitaire -- MB-5A99F8B7BA8C1E47 - Taken by septicore
12 labours of Hercules II -- MB-10B61FE9A33EE503
AoF Chess Club -- MB-A1AB1756788D9135 - Taken by alr1ght
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-38625FE0CA54947E - Taken by TheAutomator
Zombie Wars -- MB-CD87E95E5823D11C - Taken by arts&crafts
Vanguard Princess -- MB-EDADBFBB95F6A143
Silver Knight -- MB-C138B2B13425EE31 - Taken by madjoki
Super Mustache -- MB-766305305FBD9FE7 - Taken by Kifimbo
Battlepillars -- MB-7810B241BCD77EA6 - Taken by chronomac
xheRJRF.gif
Postal -- MB-03778B856652C833 - Taken by PenDynasty
Anki -- MB-15BD8E7731906CA8 - Taken by Kuroyume

Btw. more ports from K-T, so I guess Toukiden 2 and Attack on Titan:

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/705782824536821761

@koeitecmoeurope The Arslan PC port was actually prety good ! Can we expect some other ports soon ?

KOEI TECMO EUROPE
‏@koeitecmoeurope KOEI TECMO EUROPE Retweeted Haken Trigger
Yes, it was based on the PS4. And, yes. #AskKTE

Edit: And thanks to some source I know that K-T knows that some ports were shit and seems there is some internal change going on so that the new ports should be better. Arlsan was okay (besides the performance).

lmao you guys really want more welfare Tecmo ports?

I'm good, unless Toukiden 2 is 60fps.

I like japanese games ;)

Arslan was good. Just wonder why the performance was kinda bad with it. SW2-2 was also good.
I hope they become better.

And like I said. Some source said that internally they change something in the port-team and they know about the issues.

I'm good, unless Toukiden 2 is 60fps.

I just want someone to slip under the door of the KT CEO the following note:

"Bring Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma to the PC you fucker"

and once that actually happens, they can close shop for all i care

Lomax

Holy crap, this was like giveaway inception... giveaways within giveaways within signups...

Edit: for anyone who does this, you don't actually have to follow the curators they list, you can just visit the page.

Double Edit: I wonder what the economics of these giveaways are. They don't really seem related to the games they give away, so I guess they must buy cheap keys in bulk, and then the places we have to visit/follow pay them to get more traffic. Bizarre. Hopefully it makes the game makers a bit of money at least.

Lain

Btw. more ports from K-T, so I guess Toukiden 2 and Attack on Titan:

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/705782824536821761

Edit: And thanks to some source I know that K-T knows that some ports were shit and seems there is some internal change going on so that the new ports should be better. Arlsan was okay (besides the performance).

Good, good. I want that AoT game and Toukiden 2.

The wording sounds strange though.
"These two."

Probably meant the PS3 Atelier games as well as Ar nosurge. Still sucks but if going forward PC gets considered by GUST it'd be a big improvement. I'd also love to have their latest one but I guess the ship sailed on that too.

Chapter 6-1: Ship Deck. Sometimes Majini with a key-card can't jump down after spawn and you can't kill him to get a key-card.

Happened to me last time I played it. Wasted a few minutes running around wondering the damn thing was until I figured it was a glitch and reloaded my save.

Haven't been there in months. It's a beggar's paradise now.

Glad to see I'm not the only one disenfranchised with that community.
But really, I think it's been that way for more than a few months.

fucking anime gifs

That's not anime.

Oh wow, I had no idea that was coming out...I haven't even played Momodora III yet.

Someone hasn't been keeping up with this thread... ;)

There isn't? But in the "not directors cut version" there was, right?

No?
The only real "major" changes for the DC, as far as I can remember were:
(1) Integrating the DLC into the main game
(2) Providing people who didn't want to kill bosses or found bosses too hard because they had focused on stealth more options/methods of completing the fights.

Sooo when will the monthly humble bundle be tevealed?

Same time as always, I'd wager.

Would you look at that, there's a countdown on the www.humblebundle.com/monthly page: Next Bundle in 00:01:26

Yes.

No Atelier is already bad news, meh

Durante is going to be heartbroken.
(Haven't the Atelier games been high on his list for what he'd like to see come to PC?)

Volimar

It's your birthday, Volimar...
IEncHlb.jpg

We know it isn’t a lot, but hopefully we made you smile. After all, we remembered. That’s more than we can say about SOME of our friends. And writing 'HBD' on someone's wall doesn't count.

We’ll spell it out for you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Volimar. And the next time you feel like no one cares, remember that WE do.

Best wishes,

Xbox Live Rewards Team

lol fuck you too Xbox. Didn't they use to give you like a quarter worth of MSP or something before? And I thought that was insulting.

And my birthday isn't till the 29th.

C4rter

No?
The only real "major" changes for the DC, as far as I can remember were:
(1) Integrating the DLC into the main game
(2) Providing people who didn't want to kill bosses or found bosses too hard because they had focused on stealth more options/methods of completing the fights.

I remember that you get more XP for Stealth killing and for not being seen during a mission/an objective (500XP Bonus or something like that)

I started Dead Rising 2 last night. It does look dated but it's fun.

Good things so far:
- awesome b-tier story and characters
- insane amount of zombies
- plenty different melee weapons
- plain fun to kill zombies
- combo weapons are satisying

Bad things so far:
- no sprinting
- getting grappled (and getting out of it) is awful
- weapons brake way too fast
- time pressure is so high, it's not possible to explore or do side missions
- no sprinting
- basically no video settings, no controller remapping, no FOV slider (cumbersome modifiable)
- health gets lost way too quick which makes you avoid combat
- too few inventory slots to have a nice selection of weapons and health items
- no sprinting

I'll continue playing it. It's fun. I hope the time pressure and fast weapon degradation changes though.

Players total: 93,889 ± 7,142 (95.78%)

the Witness is nearing 100k at full price. Blow must be rolling in it right now

if only the pirates hadn't cost him his livelihood, right?

I started Dead Rising 2 last night. It does look dated but it's fun.

Good things so far:
- awesome b-tier story and characters
- insane amount of zombies
- plenty different melee weapons
- plain fun to kill zombies
- combo weapons are satisying

Bad things so far:
- no sprinting
- getting grappled (and getting out of it) is awful
- weapons brake way too fast
- time pressure is so high, it's not possible to explore or do side missions
- no sprinting
- basically no video settings, no controller remapping, no FOV slider (cumbersome modifiable)
- health gets lost way too quick which makes you avoid combat
- too few inventory slots to have a nice selection of weapons and health items
- no sprinting

I'll continue playing it. It's fun. I hope the time pressure and fast weapon degradation changes though.

The time pressure stuff isn't bad in DR2, it quickly just becomes something you can deal with. just make sure you have a Zombrex with you and youre gold.

I think Off the Record fixes the major problem with DR2: needing to load into the base for your survivors to count. This was incredibly annoying back on the 360 but maybe less so on PCs.

dex3108

Finished World 1 in Road to Gehenna DLC for Talos Principle and i liked it until i had to find out how to get last two stars. In my opinion they "cheated" in a way. And spent tons of time looking how to get them without success, then i looked walkthrough video and i just said "oh come on".

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Stardew Valley sells like crazy, it jumps up by 30k+ everyday. It's incredible.

It's at 166,977 ± 9,523 now, let's see what it ends up at on the end of this year.

I know ;)

Also the only Tecmo game I want is NiOh.

I'm pretty much at this stage too now, can't say I look forward to any of their other games.

Glad to see I'm not the only one disenfranchised with that community.
But really, I think it's been that way for more than a few months.

Yeah. I stopped going after one of their multi-day streams last year, as it was constantly filling up with people who couldn't read the chat and annoying communities (Rollercoaster Tycoon World and Smite fans, notably).

A lot of stuff just fell by the wayside, and 90% of the chat outside of streams consisted of people constantly checking their ATP. Nobody ever realized (or cared) that they could do so privately.

I feel bad for Len, because he's doing the best he can with what he's got. Don't care much for Roxy - she referred to me as "someone" on multiple occasions, despite that I was there nearly from the beginning. I don't think she cares much about the stream itself so much as a marketing tool for Ubisoft games.

Stardew Valley sells like crazy, it jumps up by 30k+ everyday. It's incredible.

It's at 166,977 ± 9,523 now, let's see what it ends up at on the end of this year.

I'm pretty much at this stage too now, can't say I look forward to any of their other games.
I guess the good news is that it's only Playstation Console Exclusive™ and doesn't have a PS3 or Vita version to steal from, and it's already 60fps.

But knowing Tecmo they'll still find a way to fuck up a port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom