• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

My hard work is finally paying off!

c0715eed7a0ca0a2dea7585fa93e4ee7.gif

Finished Fallout 4 and this is what I though about it:

Finally finished this, took me 36 hours. I went for the
Institute route
because it seemed the least obvious choice but it was pretty terrible. The main goal of the route
powering the power plant
felt super unimportant, and the big twist earlier, which I didn't see coming at all, felt like nothing. There were no time where I actually felt emotionally invested on anything on the main story. At least
the last part of fighting the BoS at least felt like something was really happening: other time I felt that was the castle boss and one of the earlier missions with BoS.
. I don't think the other factions are any better because I did all of them as far as I can I expect that
all of them lead to "kill the others" and then you see the credits kind of thing

I'd like to say that I had some fun with the game at parts: the world was pretty great and the locations were interesting and the gun play was okay-ish. The graphics and sound were charming at points too.

But then again the dialog system utter garbage (like worst-of-the-class kind, but at least somewhat better with full dialogue mod), nearly everything in the main story was uninteresting at best, the gun play was once again just okay-ish, many of the missions were rather repetitive
go to place and kill everyone
style of missions and there were rather low amounts of actually meaningful things and outcomes. I couldn't give a crap about the crafting either so I missed out on that too. Not to mention the crappiness on a technical level (when talking about load times and overall jankyness, bugs and performance).

Overall I think that I am missing Fallout 4. I did tons of missions and basically saw everything the main story has to offer and traveled through hundreds of side missions and whatever. The high points were great but they were far and in-between. I feel like there has to be some really great side content that I just happened to miss out on, or that I was just playing the game wrong. I contemplated on buying the season pass before the price increase just not to miss out on anything, but is there anything to miss out?

zkylon

zkylewd
Someone that doesn't have The Sith Lords yet get on that ASAP. :p (also if you win PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE install the RESTORED CONTENT MODIFICATION to go with it).

man i love kotor 2 but even with that mod it's not enough to completely fix it

in a better world that game would've been properly finished

all of obs' games would be ;_;

Arthea

I'm two games from 4K, I honestly have no idea how this could happen, but it did.
Now I shouldn't celebrate it as I was trying to avoid buying games, but oh well.
So what should I do for 4K? Maybe someone knows some awesome game I still don't have, maybe you can make SE to release FF9 right now or something.
I'm really not much into joke games anymore, I think that train left long ago.

All this talk of rail-shooters/Star Fox-likes just makes me wonder why Sega never ported Rez or Panzer Dragoon games to PC and released them on Steam. There's a PC port of the first Panzer Dragoon and Rez was ported to the Xbox 360, which would make a PC port quite easy. Panzer Dragoon, Zwei, Orta and Saga seem unlikely but Rez would probably be easy money.

What's the benefits of participating in SteamGifts? It seems everything has tons of entries so the odds of winning are very low.

I've been enjoying how great the Modbot giveaways work here. I've been giving away and getting lots of random games.
You are right, odds are very slim there usually. It became sort of a routine to check that place to me given the sheer amount.

Kagemusha

I'm two games from 4K, I honestly have no idea how this could happen, but it did.
Now I shouldn't celebrate it as I was trying to avoid buying games, but oh well.
So what should I do for 4K? Maybe someone knows some awesome game I still don't have, maybe you can make SE to release FF9 right now or something.

Devil Daggers was my 4000th on Wednesday. My mouse isn't working so I didn't play much.

Wait for Ghostlight's unnanounced game and get that? It's from the amazing people who brought WotS 4 to Steam, so it's gonna be good :)

kagamin

MOMODORA : REVERIE UNDER THE MOONLIGHT ᵒʳ ᵗʰᵉ ᶰᵉʷ ᴳʰᵒˢᵗᶫᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵍᵃᵐᵉ ﹔⁾

Arthea

Devil Daggers was my 4000th on Wednesday. My mouse isn't working so I didn't play much.

I'm too old for difficult shmups but that game does look nice. How you play anything without a mouse that is the question.
in before controller posts

Wait for Ghostlight's unnanounced game and get that? It's from the amazing people who brought WotS 4 to Steam, so it's gonna be good :)

that's not that bad idea you know. I might just wait for that announcement.
But it won't be released any time soon, or will it?

I'm too old for difficult shmups but that game does look nice. How you play anything without a mouse that is the question.
in before controller posts

that's not that bad idea you know. I might just wait for that announcement.
But it won't be released any time soon, or will it?

Ross said that the time between announcement and release would probably be pretty short, so it may be sooner than we think :)

Kagemusha

My mouse works, but for Devil Daggers I need to adjust the sensitivity. Or adjust to the game. I'm not used to doing quick 360 turns. I'm more of turn based gamer.

You can't go wrong with the Division.

And wait for FFIX for the 4K. I have a hunch it'll be out at the end the current SE deals.

def sim

I just found out Netherrealm gave MKX new rollback based netckode and it's, apparently, very good. Dang, they really screwed PC on this.

Dsyndrome

I would never in a million years have gotten that ship puzzle. I watched the solution and I still babe no idea what's going on.

Before I go to bed more free gaems like you only see every day now :(
https://gleam.io/VFfIP/random-microblast-game-giveaway
Mystery game (that is
particula, dead bits or overcast
). 14 actions required. No. No. NO!!!!!1

That reminds me I did a modbot giveaway for Dead Bits and nobody wanted it :p

Sakura Clicker (beta) got an update today.
Having a curious glance on the forums to see what on earth they could add, crippling performance issues apparently...or was that the previous beta.

data

I hope Pillars of Eternity is in the next humble monthly, I mean this month's had Wasteland 2 so it seems possible

rtcn63

Yo, don't watch the GameInformer Demons Souls thing if you haven't finished Bloodborne. They uh... throw out some boss names from that and uh...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
random names

truly the most heinous of spoilers

Ruruja

Thinking about getting The Division, what do you guys who've played the beta think of the game? Is it going to be good?

Dsyndrome

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
South Park: The Stick of Truth -- MB-58D74BC4B65D7B46 Trivia Question: What is my favorite band?
Probably Timmy and the Lords of the Underworld.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Er... they mention
Gerhman

The game is a few years old, but this is the Steam thread where not everyone may have played BB.

oh no a name that out of context doesnt mean anything :p

I played both Demons and BB and I dont even remember that name

Pachimari

rtcn63

oh no a name that out of context doesnt mean anything :p

I played both Demons and BB and I dont even remember that name

He's the NPC in the workshop who also doubles as the last (or second-to-last) boss of the campaign. So if you were still in the process of playing BB, that's a pretty damn big spoiler.

Rhaknar

He's the NPC in the workshop who also doubles as the last (or second-to-last) boss of the campaign. So if you were still in the process of playing BB, that's a pretty damn big spoiler.

that dude was in demons souls? what?

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
South Park: The Stick of Truth -- MB-58D74BC4B65D7B46 Trivia Question: What is my favorite band?

In case anyone was planning on trying it, the answer isn't "fuck trivia giveaways."

Uraizen

Banned
I just found out Netherrealm gave MKX new rollback based netckode and it's, apparently, very good. Dang, they really screwed PC on this.

It is really good, I can't believe it's them that made this netcode. MKX on PC got screwed hard and what's worse is they've been working on this netcode for 8 months from what they've said. So they knew they were going to screw us from the start by trying to salvage MKX PC all this time.

Messiah

I am so glad I didn't enjoy MKX all that much compared to MK9 even. I would be so mad if I wanted to play more of the game.

Netherrealm and WB really fucked PC gamers over with this.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Dang, Wasteland and South Park? I wouldn't have minded that bundle. It's too bad you can't buy them after the fact.

ModBot Basics:

t1cxE6r.gif
Has anyone guessed Darude - Sandstorm yet

That's always the answer

neonglow

Dang, Wasteland and South Park? I wouldn't have minded that bundle. It's too bad you can't buy them after the fact.

Has anyone guessed Darude - Sandstorm yet

That's always the answer

South Park is next month along with This War of Mine. This month was Wasteland and Ark plus some other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom