• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Do somebody remember those RPG-like pixel games which should be free to download as well? I think one of them had "you don't have to love" or something in the title. I also think there are two games. I had them on my old desktop but don't remember their titles?

Dead Rising 2 is fun but the save system, very bad beginning, painfully quick weapon breakage, toggle to get out of grapple.. so frustrating.
I will probably look for cheats to change weapon degradation. It's frustrating.
The Wasteland 2 key from the monthly bundle actually gives 3 games:

Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic
Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut
Damn, that's good.

And yes, you can... if you're in the beta client. But Undertale won't run in the beta client, so... I could either:

(1) Go into BPM mode and configure/rebind or
(2) Opt back into the beta, restart, configure outside of BPM, opt out of the beta, restart, then launch Undertale.

Before I remembered that I had to opt out of the beta to get Undertale to run, I right clicked it to try and then said a bunch of curse words when the option wasn't there.

oh, i wasnt aware that something in the Steam beta messed up Undertale. Weird and unfortunate especially since Undertale plays very well with the pad.

Dead Rising 2 is fun but the save system, very bad beginning, painfully quick weapon breakage, toggle to get out of grapple.. so frustrating.
I will probably look for cheats to change weapon degradation. It's frustrating.

suck it up, veggie. all the stuff youre complaining about become nonissues within a while. dont cheat!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Stardew Valley is seriously addicting, loving it so far even though I think I've done some dumb decisions with my farm.

I thought this was going to be mostly a Castlevania inspired ride, but there's even a bit of Dark Souls/Bloodborne in it. Things like no real music in the background, animations when descending a ladder or using a healing item, the rolling, or the healing items themselves being rechargeable at save points. Even discovering hidden walls seems to cue a similar sound effect as when the same thing happens in Dark Souls. And then the second area of the game looks a lot like Yharnam.

^looking good. How long are you expecting it to be?
Should be around 4-6 hours long, from what I've heard.

^ I enjoy the look of that Momodora game. Would I need to play the previous entries, is there a story?
This one is apparently a prequel, so no really need to play the previous ones, I suppose.
Story seems fairly minimalist, and told through dialogues with NPCs.

hows is momodora 3 anyways?

do u guys recommend it?
It's a very short game (2 or so hours, can be finished in much less), but really cute and fairly challenging on hard.

Vlad

That stuff about Braid's narrative is kinda spoiler-ish, even if I thought it wasn't really much of a surprise/revelation myself. I deleted it from the quote, but you may want to consider tagging it.

Whoops, thanks. Corrected.

As for Braid's gameplay being more engaging? I think the exact opposite. Most of Braid was either too obvious or too obtuse for me. And I hated the art style and was not invested in the story, either. While I didn't really find the story of Fez to be engaging, the gameplay was much better for me, even if I didn't care to try to complete the decoding puzzles on my own.

Hm, while the art style stuff is subjective, of course, I thought that Braid had just the right difficulty curve. Each set of levels operated off of a different mechanic, so of course the initial ones are going to be obvious while it introduced what kind of time manipulation you were going to be working with.

Pachimari

Browsing Kickstarter just now as well, I discovered that the amount needed for each project is listed in my local currency. Is there no way to have it be set to dollars by default? I can't find anything in the settings panel.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of dave is ok, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dave is ok, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2 -- MB-A2F650600070F630 - Taken by fspm. 30 entrants total.

t1457128096z1.png

Arthea

Stardew Valley is seriously addicting, loving it so far even though I think I've done some dumb decisions with my farm.

tell me about it, if I fail to achieve approval of my grandpa, the first year decisions will be to blame, most of them anyway. I wish I knew then what I know now.

Uraizen

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-25A7AB6B93199739 - Taken by shervinrs. 3 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-6F7B69C7B8266AE1 - Taken by deadcelledo. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
South Park: The Stick of Truth -- MB-E71D8861850A1F02 - Taken by Pafnucy. 41 entrants total.
Galactic Hitman -- MB-FF6C55043D1D9DAC - Taken by dave is ok. 5 entrants total.
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse -- MB-7F152975096FE3C3 - Taken by user237. 39 entrants total.

t1457135656z1.png

Been playing Divinity: Original Sin EE as of late via the 4-player mod (.exe edit) and it's been quite a bit of fun. Albeit, with some minor bugs like no music(just sound effects & voices) and some stat degradation that requires a in-game reset to restore.

Now I'm way more excited about the official 4-player co-op feature in DOS2 since all the follower characters can't do much except for stealing and killing in DOS.

LordAmused

tell me about it, if I fail to achieve approval of my grandpa, the first year decisions will be to blame, most of them anyway. I wish I knew then what I know now.

At the same time, I think it's part of the charm, not knowing what you are doing and improving in the second year.

zkylon

zkylewd
thanks for the momodora impressions

somehow it sneaked into my library so i might just give it a shot someday soon

i really want to get back to eternity and play the white march stuff but at the same time i'm not ready for something that long and involved

Parsnip

Well if you'd like you can play Momodora I and II for free! But Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight is also a prequel so you can jump right in without knowing anything and be just fine.

As for Momodora, I don't think the story is anything you need to have played previous games for. Momodora III was a good time, even if I had problems getting it to run on my 770 and had to opt to play on my netbook instead. I didn't feel like I was missing out because the story is pretty basic/generic and the real draw is the platforming/combat. And that part is pretty good.

This one is apparently a prequel, so no really need to play the previous ones, I suppose.
Story seems fairly minimalist, and told through dialogues with NPCs.

Cool cool.

Nzyme32

soooooo...a normal GAF thread then?

Pretty much. People devolving into meme and twitch chat fanatics, then get proven wrong and don't reply, then someone else does the same thing and knee jerks at everything, then the usual fanboy behaviour at anything and everything. I shouldn't venture into the gaming side.

Seems like all of Electronic Arts, Activision, Disney and Wargaming are skipping the E3 showfloor this June.

E3 loses two more as Disney, Wargaming decide the show floor doesn’t make sense

Not massively surprising considering how E3 is. Best to invest the money directly into customer centric stuff

What's the closest game to Star Fox on STEAM?

I have an early access game that is promising but not quite there. Called Sky Rogue, still a way to go but not bad for now.

Also this one is being made by an ex-Valve guy. Called Faceted Flight..... but it isn't out yet. Should be out around the time SteamVR comes out

lbXGWry.gif

I see plenty Wasteland 2, Grav, Stick of Truth and Angvik raffles on SG. I take those are in the past humble monthly. (I'm on mobile and lazy atm to check)
suck it up, veggie. all the stuff youre complaining about become nonissues within a while. dont cheat!
We'll see. I am patient but I play for fun. If I don't have much vanilla but with cheats, then so be it.

zkylon

zkylewd
man i really don't want to have to watch a zillion different nintendo directs, where's the fun shenanigans in that

you don't get jamie kennedies in nintendo direct

publishers pls don't forget what e3 is really about

zkylon

zkylewd
also man the song "undertale" just gets me every time

i kind of want to make a list of my favorite indie games one of these days, i really like making lists for some reason

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut -- MB-A6ED83D3E6C42CDC - Taken by Red Hood. 34 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
South Park: The Stick of Truth -- MB-DA8BE1C18DF35EF4 - Taken by Shalashaska. 20 entrants total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-F9CA25D78F22D973 - Taken by Vlad. 3 entrants total.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-D1F223E4D4F39511 - Taken by AsylumX. 3 entrants total.

t1457138657z1.png

kagamin

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-F9CA25D78F22D973 - Taken by Vlad. 3 entrants total.

Someone that doesn't have The Sith Lords yet get on that ASAP. :p (also if you win PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE install the RESTORED CONTENT MODIFICATION to go with it).

Mivey

Someone that doesn't have The Sith Lords yet get on that ASAP. :p (also if you win PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE install the RESTORED CONTENT MODIFICATION to go with it).
I still find it hard to imagine how Lucasarts made the decision to go forward with publishing a half finished game, when they previously agreed to delay it. A crime, nothing less.

also man the song "undertale" just gets me every time

i kind of want to make a list of my favorite indie games one of these days, i really like making lists for some reason

It's because you hate Turfster, innit?

I cant think of much in that genre in general even outside Steam. I wish Sega would port Panzer Dragoon Orta.

I've always wanted to play those games. REZ should come to PC/Steam too.

neonglow

I see plenty Wasteland 2, Grav, Stick of Truth and Angvik raffles on SG. I take those are in the past humble monthly. (I'm on mobile and lazy atm to check)

What's the benefits of participating in SteamGifts? It seems everything has tons of entries so the odds of winning are very low.

I've been enjoying how great the Modbot giveaways work here. I've been giving away and getting lots of random games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom