• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dude its 7:30am and ive been at work since midnight cut me some slack :(

I mean shut up!

kagamin

Dude its 7:30am and ive been at work since midnight cut me some slack :(

I mean shut up!

Well I didn't know there was a map in Momodora: RUtM until just now so I think it's fine to let you off for the time being...
Aek0X.gif

Ludens

Banned
Welp, I did it, I wasted two bucks on Deus Ex: The Fall. Sadness is being downloaded and installed now.

The game is not bad at all as people say.
Think about it like a light version of HR. The only nasty thing is the game will remain unfinished and the plot doesn't close, but it's not a bad experience.

Ryne

That "Experiencing World of Warcraft as a noob" thread got me going, and since this appears to be the PC General thread, I thought I would ask here instead of creating a new thread for my question.

I'm looking to get into a MMO. I haven't played one for a while, and the ones I did play didn't really hold my interest (WoW, Aion, Vindictus). The only MMO that I really did end up liking was Spiral Knights until I got banned.

Here's what I look for in a MMO:

• Gameplay: Less WoW, more action-based. Couldn't get into WoW at all.
  • Future proofing: I don't want to spend money on a MMO that will close up in two months.
  • A large community: I really suck at making friends, so I tend to be a loner. A larger community gives me bigger chance to make friends/join a guild
  • Ability to play solo: Ties back into my lack of ability to make friends. I want to be able to play solo if I need to, which will be most of the time
  • A good story: I would love to get tied up into a game's lore, that really intrigues me as a gamer
Could be free to play/pay to play, doesn't matter. I have already picked up a trial code for Black Desert that I will give a go, then after I will try FF14. I'm a bit weary about playing FF14 since that game has progressed a lot already, and it feels like I missed a lot of stuff.

Any other suggestions please?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"could not connect to the Steam network"

whut? :eek:

The game is not bad at all as people say.
Think about it like a light version of HR. The only nasty thing is the game will remain unfinished and the plot doesn't close, but it's not a bad experience.

I mean I've played through Invisible War multiple times but nothing I've seen about The Fall leads to believe it's passable mediocre.

Volimar

I got a foil card from Dying Light. Best night ever.

Only worth $0.43 but money from a free game? Yes please.

Also, I'm not the best at parkour.

dex3108

It is interesting to see that journalists got HTC Vive Pre already and it is full package (headset, controllers and lighthouse) even though it was announced later than Rift and Rift will ship with Headset and camera only.

Street Fighter V rage quitters will be punished
“Starting last week, we penalized roughly 30 players in our system by docking their League Points. Players who log into their account and see that their LP and Rank has dropped significantly can consider this a warning. We will be continuing to monitor these accounts in the coming weeks and will take further action if needed.”

“Moving forward, we will be making a sweep each week based on accounts in our system that have abnormally high disconnect rates (particularly at the end of the match) and will reset their League Points. While we don’t have an exact ETA on a permanent solution, we will let everyone know as soon as it is in place.”

So there’s no ETA on when a permanent fix will be available to eradicate the plague of rage-quitters — but that’s not the only issue.

Whoever claimed that tombs in Rise of the Tomb Raider were better than in the last game was full of shit. Every tomb I've come across so far has a single puzzle to 'solve' the whole tomb and, just like the last game, it actually takes longer to make your way to the tomb than it does to solve it. That's ridiculous. One could maybe understand the desire to have simpler tombs if they were part of the main progression because they wouldn't want people to get stuck in them. But once you're clearly relegating tombs to optional side content then why wouldn't you go all out and design interesting and complex tombs to cater to the people who actually still care?

The fact that these developers make the tombs optional and put so little effort into designing them indicates to me that they simply don't care for this aspect of the game. Real shame.

Latest Win10 update finally fixed DirectInput issue with games like FF13 & Grandia 2
Update is out, I think it's part of the new Windows 10 cumulative update?

Go to settings, Update and Security then click "Check for Updates."

I can confirm FFXIII now works properly with my Xbox One Wireless controller with USB Wireless Receiver.

EDIT: Apparently this update also fixes a lot of other issues besides FFXIII so be sure to update anyway.

Checking the last few pages, no one mentioned this yet. Those of you who needed this feature, here you go!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Stardew Valley continues with the 30k sales a day jump on Steampy, impressive.

Probably already at 200k and it'll be a bit over it tonight when steamspy updates.

Uraizen

Banned
The rest of you fuckers can change your rotating cast of bullshit anime characters, they all look the same to me anyway. Im anime-racist, thats right I said it!

Im so bored you guys

I changed my avatar, did you notice or does it look like the same anime bullshit to you?

No, i've been using it way before that.
Would prefer not to enter the code for the browser every time, but i'll live.

Same, started using it the day it came out. Would be nice if they used Google authenticator instead of their own solution, but it's Valve so you know they'd look for a way to make it harder on themselves.

what happens if you lose your phone or it gets stolen

you lose your steam account?

RIP

Help, I lost (or sold) my phone and can't log in! What do I do?

If possible, you should contact your wireless service provider and get a replacement phone with the same phone number. Steam will be able to send SMS messages to your replacement phone, and you will be able to recover your account as described below.

If you no longer have access to your phone and don't have your recovery code, you'll need the assistance of Steam Support. Use the "Contact Steam Support" button at the top right of this page to get help removing your authenticator. If you don’t have access to the email address that is currently associated with your Steam Account please provide proof of account ownership within your ticket.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8625-WRAH-9030#sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom