• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

No, the async compute thing is a dx12 feature. It seems that either Nvidia doesn't support that very well or they need to write drivers with that in mind.

AMD has been better at computing scenarios for long time.

I see Nvidia completely missed the boat on this one. Does AMD have a deal with Square Enix?

Yeah they do, not sure if it affects this as other games using DX12 + Async Compute have performed worse on Nvidia too. (eg. Ashes of Singularity)

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Septerra Core -- MB-BE06BD205F558D38 - Taken by Madn. 3 entrants total.

t1457190559z1.png

This one is very good.

Styx get. Managed to sell enough cards, mission accomplished.

What I like about it is that it eschews this modern trend of "snap on" mechanics with stealth traversal. There's a fair bit of jumping that is closer to platforming as opposed to AssCreed fluid moving where you have to try hard to fuck up.

What I didn't like was just how punishing getting caught is. It's clearly a scenario of me needing to git gud, but the party function is so hit and miss (mostly miss) that you're essentially screwed. No checkpoints means no progress saved. There are only so many times you can replay the same first parts of a level before it loses the charm of being a hard game and starts getting tedious.

It may get easier later with upgrades.

Lain

What I like about it is that it eschews this modern trend of "snap on" mechanics with stealth traversal. There's a fair bit of jumping that is closer to platforming as opposed to AssCreed fluid moving where you have to try hard to fuck up.

What I didn't like was just how punishing getting caught is. It's clearly a scenario of me needing to git gud, but the party function is so hit and miss (mostly miss) that you're essentially screwed. No checkpoints means no progress saved. There are only so many times you can replay the same first parts of a level before it loses the charm of being a hard game and starts getting tedious.

It may get easier later with upgrades.

I find that quicksave is great in the game. You can quicksave everywhere (unless you get found out and attacked) which works a lot better than a checkpoint system. There are also the autosaves which can get quickloaded.

I find that quicksave is great in the game. You can quicksave everywhere (unless you get found out and attacked) which works a lot better than a checkpoint system. There are also the autosaves which can get quickloaded.

There are quicksaves!?

Face, meet Palm.

The gameplay is fantastic. This solves my only complaints.

I'll wait and see just how much of a difference DX12 makes in Hitman. The Beta ran better for me on PC than it did on PS4 but it still had its rough moments. Since I have an AMD card (290X) I'm really interested to see how this all plays out with DX12.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Alright, I installed it, but no servers are working. Ugh.

I get this message:

cEiH6QJ.png

Made me laugh a little.

I've been on the receiving end of that here and there. Changing servers and/or protocols typically does the trick.

I'd also make sure the network adapter installed properly.

Nillansan

I just finished up Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory on Hard difficulty. Great game, strong Deus Ex vibes. It definitely still holds up.

Deques

I started playing Eryi's Action. Wow, this game is unforgiving, everything is trying to kill you, even when you start playing the game it kills you directly. Why would they make such a game where there is nowhere to be safe?

header.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I started playing Eryi's Action. Wow, this game is unforgiving, everything is trying to kill you, even when you start playing the game it kills you directly. Why would they make such a game where there is nowhere to be safe?

header.jpg

A game sponsored by Git Gud.

rtcn63

I checked my email and apparently having Gamers Club Unlocked gives me three days early access to something called Bravely Second End Layer Demo

Jawmuncher

header.jpg

I fucking love this game. It's one of the most fun platformers I have ever played. I love how it thinks of new ways to screw toy over and in response the player has to be just as Clever. It's especially nice since it never gets too ridiculous in what you need to do. I only recall ever eating stuck at one part.

I checked my email and apparently having Gamers Club Unlocked gives me three days early access to something called Bravely Second End Layer Demo

If you don't want it I'll take it. The wait is too much.

Ludens

Banned
One thing I noticed installing Steam app: sometimes if you access your badge page, trading card section suffers a delay not showing up immediately.

Also if I access the same page, often I get the "verifying your login access" page for a second.

None of them happened before installing this app.

Am I the only one?

Lain

The character creator seems to be the best part of that game.

The people in the OT seems to be loving the game past the character creator, although they seem to be loving it for aspects that I generally don't like, like no fast travel (even UO had fast travel and I consider it still the best sandbox MMO around).
They also seems to be excited because they see a lot of people in the game world, which is a weird thing to be excited about... that's always the case in early MMO days, everyone is around leveling, skilling, chilling and whatnot.

Anyways, people playing it seem to be loving the game. Wish I managed to grab a guest pass from the begging thread to try it out and see where I'd stand in regard to it being a good or bad MMO.

Some junk I acquired and actually played rather than acquired and idled:

Heroes & Legends Conquerors of Kolhar - yeah if you got that indiegala phoenix bundle this is not the reason you bought it. So it is a lane based RPG where characters auto attack their given lane, there is abilities with cooldowns and level-ups have that annoying ding sound. Problem is the same dev made something called QuestRun which this is basically an easier retooling of. Was a slight chore to 100% achievements as the games pace is a bit on the slow side, especially in the challenge stages. Also I 100%d the game before all 4 trading cards had dropped and people tell me there is nothing wrong with trading card drop rates. Highlight: I was able to kill the final boss with an instant kill ability (then in the final challenge found how unfair it could be with summoning adds that can instantly kill you and being able to fully heal itself)

Island Defence - Crummy tower defence *groan*. The windowed option doesn't work, it is a blatant clone of Kingdom Rush (a game I find pretty meh) down some stage layouts being identical, oh and it has ridiculous costs for basic things (including unlocking the ability to upgrade towers...that how to be done for each tower and each level, I can see why the achievements really fell off for those ones) as a remains of being a mobile port. The dev had this to say about being a clone:
John Lennon reminds me Paul McCartney a lot.

I love both of them! :)
I don't get the analogy. If you were something to do with the Kingdom Rush dev, sure or if you had used one of those boy bands that tried to be The Beetles in the same epoch rather than another band member, sure.

S
Island Defence - Crummy tower defence *groan*. The windowed option doesn't work, it is a blatant clone of Kingdom Rush (a game I find pretty meh) down some stage layouts being identical, oh and it has ridiculous costs for basic things (including unlocking the ability to upgrade towers...that how to be done for each tower and each level, I can see why the achievements really fell off for those ones) as a remains of being a mobile port. The dev had this to say about being a clone:

Damn:

ss_dbfb2f76154ba95beb93d64b701e7a3b27355c27.600x338.jpg

I remember that map from Kingdom Rush.

maxresdefault.jpg

Parsnip

Latest Win10 update finally fixed DirectInput issue with games like FF13 & Grandia 2

Checking the last few pages, no one mentioned this yet. Those of you who needed this feature, here you go!

You can thank me later.

Actually you can probably thank that one guy who wrote an injector for 13 and 13-2 to bypass that issue and detailed the actual reason the problems were occurring. I only brought that information to the MS Answers thread which somehow seemed to summon a MS game compatibility guy in there.

header.jpg

I liked the game at first but man, it traumatized me. Everywhere you go, something just kills you. I think the menu screen isn't safe. Only beat 4 levels and a boss before shelving it.

Durante

header.jpg
I loved this game. Funny, challenging, and doesn't overstay its welcome.

Annubis

Sunrider Liberation Day is 27.99$ CAD.
Getting it for 10$ USD (13.31$ CAD) was indeed a killer discount.

Steam keys have been emailed too.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Did SFV glitched stats? Its showing my main as Ryu but when I go to character select screen it gives me Karin which is the one I choose. My records say 0 but the matches online on ranked give the proper stats. What did Capcom do now?

Messiah

Did SFV glitched stats? Its showing my main as Ryu but when I go to character select screen it gives me Karin which is the one I choose. My records say 0 but the matches online on ranked give the proper stats. What did Capcom do now?
It has been broken for like 3 days now.

Deques

The Dark Souls of plattformers!

Isn't La Mulana the platformer version of Dark Souls :p

I liked the game at first but man, it traumatized me. Everywhere you go, something just kills you. I think the menu screen isn't safe. Only beat 4 levels and a boss before shelving it.

The intro stage kills you, it seems that you always start with stage when you start the game. I am the 3rd stage, which is a boss stage.

Sch1sm

Been the same story with me for ages. I asked a few people and they said same as Messiah - glitch. I know it can't be because of rage-quit stuff, because I've only ever played 1 ranked match. And I lost it. Soooooo. They're aware of the bug, though.

Street Fighter V was a mistake.

Disagree. Really enjoying SFV in comparison to what I played of MKX, even with the bugs and such. It's mainly battle lounges that are problematic for me, and it's a hit/miss deal. Somedays it's great. Somedays it isn't. I managed perfectly fine games with corrosivefrost, InfiniteNine, and Leafhopper. Maybe a bit of lag to start, then it was smooth on my end. But then with some people from AndroidGAF, I've experienced incredible lag despite their also being in NA.

I suffer most with ExoSoul. That EU-NA connection is not pretty most days.

E: If they keep their promise and we get our update next week, I'll be pretty happy with Capcom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom