• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

Cool. Wasn't that big of a fan of 4, but if it comes with a good launch week discount I might grab it as well.
I'm just not big into open world type games, generally.

Great news and I hope people will support it.
I probably won't get it though because it looks terrible (as in GFX) in those screenshots =/

It plays well, really well. Graphics don't matter much in this kind of situation :)

Cool. Wasn't that big of a fan of 4, but if it comes with a good launch week discount I might grab it as well.
I'm just not big into open world type games, generally.

It's a different kind of open world, not your usual Ubi style stuff.

Gameplay>>>>>Graphics

Ah. So that's what it was.
image.php

Grief.exe

Is Way of the Samurai 3 very similar to 4 in concept?

I was absolutely fascinated in reading about 4 when it came out. I'm very interested in playing one day, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I was absolutely fascinated in reading about 4 when it came out. I'm very interested in playing one day, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Yeah. It is quite similar, but I thought 3 is not as good as 4. 4 tries to be goofy, while 3 is more serious I would say (not that it doesnt have goofy scenes).
The thing is, that the performance of 3 and 4 on the consoles was bad. Really really bad. So its good that these games are coming out on PC.

I am of good opinion that more EDF will come. Ross would defo agree but alas, reveal schedules and whatnot.

Right, Ross? ;)

The last update of EDF 4.1 in the SteamDB was last month. Hope its still coming. I want a version, that runs well.

Yup, it's pretty similar. Same concept, different moment in time (and 4 has better graphics, but that's not very important here)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How Steam key reselling is killing the little guys

IndieGameStand has had $30,759.42 in fraudulent credit card charges and transactions.

This is a great insight into their business and finally the piece of legitimate information that can be used in all those G2A / cdkeys threads that pop up monthly on GAF where people say "Show me proof that people are using stolen credit cards to buy these keys!".

This is another tidbit I find interesting:

If anyone at Valve is reading this, I would love to have some sort of backend API tool where I could input stolen codes and hurt the hackers’ reps on whatever marketplace they are using to resell keys. It would be a nice tool for developers to stop the Youtube/Streamer problem too aka how to get every game on Steam for free.

I understand Valve's hesitation in not making such a tool (lest it get exploited or abused). As it stands, I believe publishers have to reach out to Valve directly to make this happen, and sites like IndieGameStand don't have a voice in the matter.

Smash88

Banned
It felt like Sniper Elite 3 just came out but, apparently that was 2 years ago now. Either way Sniper Elite 4 Steam page is up.

I didn't even know this was a thing. The formula feels really worn out, and all I'm seeing is the same shit. You would think they would revisit the drawing board, but I guess they just want to milk the franchise dry like Assassin's Creed, until they are finally forced to take a few years off and think of something fresh.

Maybe they will finally discount season pass too.

They had anniversary sale for Sniper Elite last year that had everything 90% including Sniper Elite 3 and it's Season Pass. That's when I got it. Thing is after playing 3 comparing it to V2, I don't know if I want 4, if it structured the same way. Glad I didn't buy the Season Pass when I bought 3.

I didn't even know this was a thing. The formula feels really worn out, and all I'm seeing is the same shit. You would think they would revisit the drawing board, but I guess they just want to milk the franchise dry like Assassin's Creed, until they are finally forced to take a few years off and think of something fresh.

They went from linear levels in V2 to more open levels in 3 but instead it was like 5 or 6 really big levels that felt kinda lame. The ending was also lame as hell too.

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
Since some beta talk is happening I thought you might want some info on how to apply :)

To enter the Way of the Samurai closed beta all you need to do is to send an email to: beta@ghostlight.uk.com with your name, date of birth and the technical specifications of your PC.

Applications will close on the 11th March, so please make sure to get them in before then. As with previous closed betas, we will not be picking people on a random or first-come-first-served basis, so please do bear that in mind. What a ‘yes’ decision actually comes down to depends on a number of factors, including how representative we feel the range of PC specs we’ve assembled for the beta is.

As we only have a limited number of places available for the beta, feel free to tell us why you think you’d be particularly suited to helping us with the testing phase of Way of the Samurai 3. This may include information like, details of any previous experience you’ve had in beta testing or simply declaring your undying love for the series. In fact, please tell us anything that you feel is relevant which may help us approve your application :).

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Great, great news!

I am of good opinion that more EDF will come. Ross would defo agree but alas, reveal schedules and whatnot.

Right, Ross? ;)

The last update of EDF 4.1 in the SteamDB was last month. Hope its still coming. I want a version, that runs well.

I would be all over EDF 4.1 like a swarm of giant spiders!

EDF! EDF! EDF!

madjoki

They had anniversary sale for Sniper Elite last year that had everything 90% including Sniper Elite 3 and it's Season Pass. That's when I got it. Thing is after playing 3 comparing it to V2, I don't know if I want 4, if it structured the same way. Glad I didn't buy the Season Pass when I bought 3.

It was just game + season pass package, not season pass separately.

Since some beta talk is happening I thought you might want some info on how to apply :)

To enter the Way of the Samurai closed beta all you need to do is to send an email to: beta@ghostlight.uk.com with your name, date of birth and the technical specifications of your PC.

Applications will close on the 11th March, so please make sure to get them in before then. As with previous closed betas, we will not be picking people on a random or first-come-first-served basis, so please do bear that in mind. What a ‘yes’ decision actually comes down to depends on a number of factors, including how representative we feel the range of PC specs we’ve assembled for the beta is.

As we only have a limited number of places available for the beta, feel free to tell us why you think you’d be particularly suited to helping us with the testing phase of Way of the Samurai 3. This may include information like, details of any previous experience you’ve had in beta testing or simply declaring your undying love for the series. In fact, please tell us anything that you feel is relevant which may help us approve your application :).

Thank you for the heads up!

I'm in. So in.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:

- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Murder Miners -- MB-E4C6D683EF741D2E - Taken by Jadax
Dead Island: Epidemic Beta -- MB-E5465A539AFB2759 - Taken by krczt23

Pretty sure both Fable 2 and 3 have some major issues with newer versions of windows FYI. A few months back i was interested in picking up the PC version of Fable 3 but decided to go with the BC version on XB1 instead just because it seemed the PC version was plagued with issues

Grief.exe

Get in here guys

https://twitter.com/Grief_exe/status/706677727290482688

yhvIFXv.png

Pretty sure both Fable 2 and 3 have some major issues with newer versions of windows FYI. A few months back i was interested in picking up the PC version of Fable 3 but decided to go with the BC version on XB1 instead just because it seemed the PC version was plagued with issues

I'm not aware of the exact circumstances, but I'd imagine most of the issues can be attributed to GFWL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom