• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not aware of the exact circumstances, but I'd imagine most of the issues can be attributed to GFWL.

I remember it going beyond the typical GFWL problems that i didn't even bother but it seems that whatever was the major cause of the problems has been attended to since then.

But now i would have to try and pick up a non-steam version of a game on PC for a stupid price because MS. Meh. I'll just stick with my XB1 BC version since i'm always looking for a reason to turn that thing on anyway

Grief.exe

Throw in Sunset Overdrive and i am in XD

That's actually one I expected to show up on PC as it was developed under similar circumstances to Rise, Dead Rising 3, Tomb Raider.

Essentially a third party partner that owns the IP, Microsoft may have locked Sunset up for future releases.

I remember it going beyond the typical GFWL problems that i didn't even bother but it seems that whatever was the major cause of the problems has been attended to since then.

But now i would have to try and pick up a non-steam version of a game on PC for a stupid price because MS. Meh. I'll just stick with my XB1 BC version since i'm always looking for a reason to turn that thing on anyway

This console generation in a nutshell.

"Well, I played Bloodborne, now to wait for the next game."

MOaeLUj.gif

dex3108

apparently, Ubisoft tried to reach out to have the Beyond Good & Evil 2 + Nintendo NX rumor pulled down

I guess that's about as close to a confirmation that it's coming that we'll get. Lets hope for a Sonic Lost Worlds situation

Not really. Big companies hate rumors for other things too. When site publishes some rumor that it is not true company that is related to that rumor can get "hurt" and page will only benefit from that. Imagine if BG&E3 is in development and it is multiplatform release or timed exclusive. This rumor can hurt their stocks when they announce game.

Phawx

I'm not seeing a niche title like BG&E doing well on Nintendo or anything besides PC tbh. Better than not being developed though.

I'd really love to see where they are getting their data. Fans of Mother 3 have said they could use the translation for free.99, so the localization is done for them.

Make a 3DS/Wii U Amiibo bundle and done.

I'm sure there is a reason. I am very curious what that reason could be.

Last day that the MP Starter Pack is available to purchase. I've been having a lot of fun with this game. I hadn't played a CoD MP game for a few years and I've really been enjoying this one. They've nailed the MP in this game. I'd like more people to try it out as I realize the majority of people have fell off the CoD bandwagon (I know I had).

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GamerKingFaiz, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Multiplayer Starter Pack #2 -- MB-32D4A40F4A9979A4 - Taken by TheAutomator. 26 entrants total.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Multiplayer Starter Pack -- MB-FF5D38F85C2683AE - Taken by Snakethesniper. 32 entrants total.

t1457380588z1.png

Grief.exe

To piggyback off the success of Stardew, Viva Pinata was such a relaxing and gorgeous game. Would be perfect if Stardew appeals to you.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
BundleStars HIDDEN GEMS 3 BUNDLE

With 7 new-to-bundle games and 7 with Steam Trading Cards, take on wing suit diving, shadow creatures and bagpipe-playing Scotsmen with the Hidden Gems 3 Bundle - Only $2.49!

Planet Diver
Crowman & Wolfboy
Story of the Survivor
Defend the Highlands
Galagan's Island: Reprymian Rising
Anode
Cashtronauts
Centauri Sector
Galactic Inheritors
JerryMcPartlin - Rebel with a Cause

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/hidden-gems-3-bundle

Nzyme32

I don't think Ubisoft will be having a Nintendo collaboration any time soon after the Wii U's disappointing sales. How well did ZombiU sell? And let's not forget they pulled Rayman Legends from being a Wii U exclusive.

Well they will know what NX is, how it works and what the unique selling points are. If those are good enough to suggest it may have a big audience, they may well be on board. I'm think this is legit, and that there are quite a few other surprises in store for NX

What are the similarities and differences between the STALKER series and Metro games? I loved the Metro games, but never played any of the Stalker. Apparently one of them is on sale for 5$, https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/stalker-call-of-pripyat

They aren't really that similar (the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series are open world FPS games with realistic ballistics and advanced AI, while the Metro series are story based lineal shooters)
I'd guess that their main similarity would be that both are really atmospheric, and that both are Eastern Europe developed FPS games.

Well they will know what NX is, how it works and what the unique selling points are. If those are good enough to suggest it may have a big audience, they may well be on board. I'm think this is legit, and that there are quite a few other surprises in store for NX

But they also knew what the Wii U was when it came out, how it worked, what its USPs were, but that didn't stop them from having a bad taste in their mouth and put initially exclusive games on other systems.

Could be true of course, but all I'm saying is I doubt Ubisoft will make the same mistake twice, unless they have guarantees that will most likely come from Nintendo's end.

They aren't really that similar (the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series are open world FPS games with realistic ballistics and advanced AI, while the Metro series are story based lineal shooters)
I'd guess that their main similarity would be that both are really atmospheric, and that both are Eastern Europe developed FPS games.

Awesome, sounds great. Is there a consensus which one I should start with?

Adry9

Last day that the MP Starter Pack is available to purchase. I've been having a lot of fun with this game. I hadn't played a CoD MP game for a few years and I've really been enjoying this one. They've nailed the MP in this game. I'd like more people to try it out as I realize the majority of people have fell off the CoD bandwagon (I know I had).
Nice giveaway, thank you!

Grief, how about that avatar switch?
eaWIfLI.jpg
lmao amazing

Teeth

Some of the people that made the STALKER games went on to do the Metro games.

But yeah, aside from that Eastern European style of bleakness, they aren't that similar. STALKER is more ambitious, but a bit wonky in places. The Metro games are linear and not very wonky.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of Trump avatars here on GAF after he wins the election in November.

Welp. At least it will help the Canadian dollar.

Awesome, sounds great. Is there a consensus which one I should start with?

I'd start with Shadow of Chernobyl. That said, Call of Pripyat is probably the most polished one.

Clear Sky has some really neat ideas but not all of them work well, so I'd say it's not a good place to start (though it's definitely worth a playthrough)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Fable Legends is canceled and Lionhead Studio is closed. Also Press Play from Denmark is closed.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/07/microsoft-studios-changes-uk-denmark/

I wrote a fairly long hot take on Microsoft's position in the game industry, Microsoft's ownership of Lionhead, and Microsoft's record with F2P games in the thread on this issue.

Fable II is probably my favourite internally developed MS game.

It's a pity because over the last 10-12 years I have really really liked all the stuff that Microsoft has made or published... except Forza and Halo which I don't especially care for... I love Microsoft Studios games. It's a pity that Microsoft's other interests in the gaming space have undermined Microsoft Studios' ability to achieve their full potential.

zkylon

zkylewd
stalker is such a great game. i feel it's kinda clunky with how much fpses have progressed in feel and responsiveness and whatnot but it has such an enjoyable gameplay loop and its world is super engrossing

Then buy WotS 3, that way we'll get closer to a WotS 2 release and then WotS 1!

My plan cannot fail!

not a big fan of that kind of message sending :p

Well, it certainly seems they are working backwards on this one.
i wonder if wots1 is even portable, that game is super old

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH -- MB-A98E2B5431225F66 - Taken by almostheathen
METAL SLUG 3 -- MB-500C291E1226EB85 - Taken by 73V3N
METAL SLUG X -- MB-1E6CDDA83202167F - Taken by Vazra
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH FINAL EDITION -- MB-BFB6899C455A4A63 - Taken by crazyrabbits

:3

Grief.exe

I would do it Grief, but knowing Microsoft they'll put it on their crappy Windows Store. So no thank you.

I made sure to put GOG and Steam directly on the Tweet to try to circumvent that.

My only hope is that Microsoft doesn't use older titles such as Viva Pinata to push their Windows Store agenda.

stalker is such a great game. i feel it's kinda clunky with how much fpses have progressed in feel and responsiveness and whatnot but it has such an enjoyable gameplay loop and its world is super engrossing

not a big fan of that kind of message sending :p

i wonder if wots1 is even portable, that game is super old

It seems to work though :)

We are getting WotS 3

All thanks to the good people who spread the good word.

Very cool of you.

I had no idea that an MP standalone was even available. This would be a good way to test whether I still have interest in the series or not. I've skipped the last few titles.

But they also knew what the Wii U was when it came out, how it worked, what its USPs were, but that didn't stop them from having a bad taste in their mouth and put initially exclusive games on other systems.

Could be true of course, but all I'm saying is I doubt Ubisoft will make the same mistake twice, unless they have guarantees that will most likely come from Nintendo's end.

What if this is a Bayo 2 situation where Ubisoft wasn't going to develop it if Nintendo hadn't stepped in though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom