• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished Grim Fandango and here's my one sentence review

Wonderful characters, writing is some of the best i've ever seen in gaming, the puzzles can eat a bag of rotting dicks because half of them are either nonsense or i knew the solution but couldn't get the game to cooperate

Warhammer: The End Times: Vermintide: Schlüsselschloß: Last Stand certainly is a name.

The game has some major balance issues that don't seem manageable at all unless you play with a full group and grind weapons for much needed upgrades to your stats. And the community itself seems pretty dead at this point.

Dr Dogg

0xL22nP.png

Submit Your Details Here.

**Spreadsheet Here!**

Dark Souls III rated by ESRB

M.png
Rating Summary: This is an action/role-playing game in which players assume the role of an undead character trying to rise through the ranks in the ancient land of Lothric. Players use swords, clubs, lances, and magic arrows to kill creatures (e.g., skeletons, demons, ghouls, zombies) in melee-style and ranged combat. Battles are highlighted by slashing sounds, cries of pain, and large splashes of blood. Some scenes depict characters impaled on swords or lying in large pools of blood. Players can also attack and kill non-combatant characters without penalty. Boss battles depict more prolonged combat, often with large-scale enemies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Wonderful characters, writing is some of the best i've ever seen in gaming, the puzzles can eat a bag of rotting dicks because half of them are either nonsense or i knew the solution but couldn't get the game to cooperate

It's the one LucasArts game that I find myself unable to breeze through when replaying as I forget how out-there the puzzles are.

Tizoc

Yo wait what does this mean for Black and White?!
Does this affect those 2 games' release on gog, etc.?

Fable Legends is canceled and Lionhead Studio is closed. Also Press Play from Denmark is closed.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/07/microsoft-studios-changes-uk-denmark/

RIP

The Fable series had its up and downs but they were fun quirky action RPGs that played with the genre's conventions. I still need to play Fable Anniversary (played the original back in the day but always wanted to do an evil run) and I recently bought Fable 3 on the XB1 so I guess I owe as much to play through them : /

Anno

Wow. That's seems a bit out of nowhere. The game didn't look amazing or anything but also not like it was about to be canned.

I still think that Lionhead would be up an running today if Fable Legends was real Fable game not MP game.

I think they would've been shut down if they didn't make Legends. Legends was likely what bought that studio a bit more time to exist until it fell apart.

Rare got "lucky" that MS needed them for Kinect and Avatar nonsense all those years because they would've likely been shut down a while back if it weren't for that. Now, if Sea of Thieves gets caught up in some dev troubles you better cling to that copy of Rare Replay no one bought (i did!) because that might be the last thing they worked on.

Eternia

I still think that Lionhead would be up an running today if Fable Legends was real Fable game not MP game.
And those other crappy games, like Fable Heroes and The Journey. Too bad they never really got a chance to at least get out of Fable if they weren't going to make mainline games.

Ban Puncher

I hope whoever is last out the door puts Milo on a drive before they hit the lights. I want to see behind the smoke and mirrors
and lies.

It's the wrong Warhammer and Total War has lost its appeal.

naw, total war just appeals to a different crowd. Those games sell terrifically without needing to appeal to the hardcore gamer base, it doesn't need to put itself out there for the game to take off.

edit: was trying to find steamspy numbers for Attila but they're unreliable due to a free weekend. meh

Jawmuncher

Holy Shit Fable Legends is cancelled? It wasn't all that bad from what I played. But yeah it was gonna be a hard sale. Hopefully they can reconfigure the assets to a new fable game. Game looked gorgeous on Unreal.

Shame about the puzzles, I was planning on starting with it later tonight. Never played the original before.

Shame about the puzzles, I was planning on starting with it later tonight. Never played the original before.

I wouldn't let the puzzles scare you away but don't feel like you are cheating yourself out of a good experience if you check a guide. These adventure games came from a different era where they expected people to play these games for a month or even longer trying to figure out their trial and error challenges.

I've said it plenty of times before but i think that if youre going to go back and remaster these adventure games you have to include an in-game hint system. the Monkey Island remasters weren't without their faults but one of the things they absolutely nailed was the hint system.

now i dont know if i should just hold on playing the series if they're going to release the first two games as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom