• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

For the VR folk:

VALVE ANNOUNCES THE LAB

March 7, 2016 -- Valve has announced plans to debut "The Lab," a compilation of new VR experiments, at next week's Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, CA. Set in a pocket universe of Aperture Science, "The Lab" offers multiple ways to enjoy room-scale VR. It will be offered free of charge via Steam this spring. More information will be made available next week at GDC.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
For the VR folk:

VALVE ANNOUNCES THE LAB

March 7, 2016 -- Valve has announced plans to debut "The Lab," a compilation of new VR experiments, at next week's Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, CA. Set in a pocket universe of Aperture Science, "The Lab" offers multiple ways to enjoy room-scale VR. It will be offered free of charge via Steam this spring. More information will be made available next week at GDC.
Valve finally release a new game.

strafer

For the VR folk:

VALVE ANNOUNCES THE LAB

Half Life 2 had a lab....you know what that means.

zkylon

zkylewd
It seems to work though :)

We are getting WotS 3

All thanks to the good people who spread the good word.

happy for the people that get it, but that's not me :p

not for now at least

finished mars war logs

what a weird ending
i think they've talked about a sequel

game is weird, it's super ambitious in what it tries to do but then it plays it safe with every single mechanic

i'd like to see a game from them that's at least a bit more mechanically interesting even if they have to sacrifice polish

i mean, not like it played great or anything anyways

Eternia

I wrote a fairly long hot take on Microsoft's position in the game industry, Microsoft's ownership of Lionhead, and Microsoft's record with F2P games in the thread on this issue.

Fable II is probably my favourite internally developed MS game.

It's a pity because over the last 10-12 years I have really really liked all the stuff that Microsoft has made or published... except Forza and Halo which I don't especially care for... I love Microsoft Studios games. It's a pity that Microsoft's other interests in the gaming space have undermined Microsoft Studios' ability to achieve their full potential.
Nice read. Microsoft Studios always seemed mismanaged for whatever reason but having a big portion of it summed up in a single post just makes it even more sad. And you were only highlighting the free-to-play side of their troubles. It's crazy how many poor decisions they've made.

giphy.gif

Anteater

i think they've talked about a sequel

game is weird, it's super ambitious in what it tries to do but then it plays it safe with every single mechanic

i'd like to see a game from them that's at least a bit more mechanically interesting even if they have to sacrifice polish

i mean, not like it played great or anything anyways

i wouldn't mind if they focused on the scenario and the plot like bioware did with mass effect 1, i don't think they can do much with the gameplay and what they have is serviceable

zkylon

zkylewd
2013 tomb raider makes total sense as a movie

not something i'd be interested in but like, it's easy to see why

i wouldn't mind if they focused on the scenario and the plot like bioware did with mass effect 1, i don't think they can do much with the gameplay and what they have is serviceable
in that case i'd like them to scale back on the gameplay

i don't need crafting and stealth and all that dumb stuff

I wrote a fairly long hot take on Microsoft's position in the game industry, Microsoft's ownership of Lionhead, and Microsoft's record with F2P games in the thread on this issue.

Fable II is probably my favourite internally developed MS game.

It's a pity because over the last 10-12 years I have really really liked all the stuff that Microsoft has made or published... except Forza and Halo which I don't especially care for... I love Microsoft Studios games. It's a pity that Microsoft's other interests in the gaming space have undermined Microsoft Studios' ability to achieve their full potential.
And that doesn't count their years of making promises about PC gaming and the quick and brutal killing of the original Xbox the moment they rushed the 360 onto the market.

I don't blame folks for not wanting to get involved in their win10 store shitshow, hell I'd question their sanity if they were presented with all of this and thought otherwise. They're just fucking up any and all things gaming lately

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of GamerKingFaiz, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GamerKingFaiz, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Multiplayer Starter Pack #2 -- MB-32D4A40F4A9979A4 - Taken by TheAutomator. 26 entrants total.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Multiplayer Starter Pack -- MB-FF5D38F85C2683AE - Taken by Snakethesniper. 32 entrants total.

t1457380588z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
i didn't put a point into stealth lol, it was just a crappy beat em up for me
i mostly remember being flabergasted at how much work was clearly put into the crafting system

and it kinda helped convey the scrappy style of the game but it was still so freaking weird

Soulflarz

Banned
rocket league is beautiful, yes :')

anyways, prob getting ds3 on ps4, what good is a souls game if we cant make frame rate drops jokes V:

Soulflarz

Banned
You're going to grow up into a masochist :V

Except DS isn't painful

A lot of people hate how I played Bloodborne- or rather, we're annoyed that I was jokingly overconfident and then managed to do everything in the game with very little issue (only a few deaths a boss at most, plenty one shotted?) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom