• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

I technically finished 2 games this year, but I hope to finish Ys Origin this month and then start back up on SC.

Grief.exe

Deadly Premonition PC port. Fucking glorious.

Now I got this shit: Crash at the beginning of Chapter 9 corrupts save file (Pcgamingwiki)

There goes my plan to 100% this game. My 15 hour save with a lot of side missions got fucked.

Edit: Found a save files that has a bit more done, so I'll try to cobble up something together. But still how did this shit get past QA, I have no idea.

I don't think they had the budget for QA.

FF XV on PC probably:

tiQHHbK2

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03...xvs-technical-experiments-running-gtx-1080ti/

Not too excited for this one, but glad to see its existence at the very least.

Aaron D.

I play too many open-ended games for completions to really mean something...

The perils of strategy gaming.

I feel your pain.

My three MAIN gaming passions:

- Paradox grand-strat titles.

- Mundane Vehicle Sims (Farming / Euro Truck / etc.)

- Colony Management Simulators (RimWorld / Prison Architect / ONI)

I don't even know what completing a game means anymore. :p

Arthea

After all controversy (reminds me FF12 a lot) from being GOTY and worst game ever, I now really interested in playing FF15. So yeah, you make that port real good, SE.

Of come on, totally doable in two months if you actively seek out short games.

how many are you at? I haven't seen your post in 52 games thread.

Arthea

It's remarkable that it even runs. I'm guessing the code base is so bad that it took them like a day or two before release to just getting it to compile.

It kinda doesn't, at least I don't consider it playable.
yeah, I know many people managed to finish it, maybe I just don't have a patience for this kind of ports.

ohwaityoureseriousletmelaughharder.gif

Just wrapped up game #13 today.

*smirks
I am serious

wait, why you wrote nothing about Technobabylon, I see you like it a lot, tell me more

JarrodL

Nearing 40 completed games for this year @o@.
Note to self: play more arcade games that are available legally on current gen platforms.

Be careful not to die. That much this early in the year can't be healthy, lol.

I'm only at 7 completed at the moment myself, thanks to the fact I've been playing mostly long-ass games so far this year. Probably won't complete the 52 games/year challenge at this rate, but whatever - I'd rather play what I want, not what's convenient.

Nzyme32

I don't think they had the budget for QA.

Not too excited for this one, but glad to see its existence at the very least.

Same, mostly because I haven't found an FF game I can either stick with or like. The obvious answer would be to start with XII and push through, but I keep wondering if I should just wait for the remaster when it inevitably comes to PC. There are other games in the series that probably serve as a good starting point as well, so I'll have to look into that some time.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Same, mostly because I haven't found an FF game I can either stick with or like. The obvious answer would be to start with XII and push through, but I keep wondering if I should just wait for the remaster when it inevitably comes to PC. There are other games in the series that probably serve as a good starting point as well, so I'll have to look into that some time.

This is my plan as well for FFXII. I never played it all the way through but I think I'd do it if it was on PC.

Arthea

if you don't mind older games, as usual I suggest starting with FF5 or even FF4. FF5 has better gameplay, but FF4 is a remake, not particularly good or anything, but still a remake.
If not, FF9 is very good entry to series, and basically everybody likes it.

Knurek

wait, why you wrote nothing about Technobabylon, I see you like it a lot, tell me more

I'm not writing reviews. :)
Technobabylon is great though, highly recommended. Better than Primorida, better than Resonance, better than Blackwell games.

Arthea

I'm not writing reviews. :)
Technobabylon is great though, highly recommended. Better than Primorida, better than Resonance, better than Blackwell games.

oh wow, that's a high praise indeed
is it long? I might move it up on my list, to play after Firis.

Nzyme32

if you don't mind older games, as usual I suggest starting with FF5 or even FF4. FF5 has better gameplay, but FF4 is a remake, not particularly good or anything, but still a remake.
If not, FF9 is very good entry to series, and basically everybody likes it.

Very useful info thanks. I'll put 4, 5 and 9 on the wishlist.

I really liked what I played of Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana and Golden Sun of all things many years ago, which is about as close as I have got with playing many of these kind of games. I was just too crap at them back then and didn't really know the mechanics enough.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I mean, I have 37 this year, but like half of that is 1-2 hour games (or 10min games like Plug & Play lol), and a lot of the big stuff is left overs from last year (FFXIII and Paint it Back for example).

Tizoc has a lot of short point n click adventures, its not so weird.

oipic

Short games or not, this still sort of astounds me, and I'm in awe! I mean, 2017 is only 60 days old at this point - 40 games, wowsers.

I tend to gravitate toward 'open' games, those with no defined end or 'completion' state, strategy titles and sims and the like, so this isn't something I'd ever be able to get close to.

Another remarkable indicator that games are so very varied, and that there really is a gaming experience of every size and shape to fit any need nowadays.

Wok

Great bundle esp. For locke and key comics

Hmmm... Only the 1st volume ("Welcome to Lovecraft") is in the $5 tier. Volumes 2 to 6 are in the $18 tier. It is true that it looks like it is the most interesting comic, based on the previews.

Arthea

I agree with Oipic on this one, short games or not 37 and 40 in two months is a lot

Even while playing shorter games I have to take some breaks and rarely can finish a game in one sit, there are not that many exceptions. So yeah, nice work Rhak and Tizoc. That scary backlog is in real danger at this rate.

Phawx

Oh! I actually beat a game just recently. Two games in fact!

Crash N' Burn and Twisted for 3DO on the 4DO emulator.

It's unfortunate that it still needs a bit of work and internal upres is only 2x.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I agree with Oipic on this one, short games or not 37 and 40 in two months is a lot

Even while playing shorter games I have to take some breaks and rarely can finish a game in one sit, there are not that many exceptions. So yeah, nice work Rhak and Tizoc. That scary backlog is in real danger at this rate.

yes im sure the 2.6k games (and thats after I did some trimming recently) in my "not played category" are shaking in their boots :p

Arthea

yes im sure the 2.6k games (and thats after I did some trimming recently) in my "not played category" are shaking in their boots :p

at rate you are playing it you'll be done in 11 years, if you keep buying them faster than you can play, you will get to my numbers \/

it'll take me around 200 to play all games on my to play/finish/replay list

Dr.Acula

Banned
Yeah, you are totally right on that one!
But as Dr.Acula put it earlier in this thread, metroidvania was first used within the castlevania franchise to differentiate games like Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia from the other more traditional casltevania games.
Then people started using it to refer to other games that followed the metroid school of design and it has now replaced the term metroid-like. So if you want to describe a game that is more like SOTN you now have to call it an Iga-vania i guess?

But Circle of the Moon is clearly a Metroidvania, and it is not an Iga-vania because Igarashi was not involved in its development.

I am looking forward to Bloodstained. I wonder if it will be a Metroidvania or an Iga-vania? I mean, it's still Iga, but there's no Vania, but there's no Vania or Metroid in most Metroidvanias regardless...

What is a Metroidvania?
A miserable little pile of secrets.

Tizoc

So it turns out my viking lord only had a mild case of rabies and was able to live a full and healthy extra twelve-ish months.

But don't worry, he used that precious time to do some good for the realm.

Ah, what a wonderful legacy.

I stopped playing Brutal Legend during the first real RTS segment.

What a weird mishmash of genres.

It is very doable on Easy. Honestly I play Brutal Legend for its theme and style more than substance.

Auraela

Banned
my one thing with backlog of games is i dont wanna get into the postion where i force myself to play them to just finish them, getting into that phase is where you step outside the world of fun, the time will come where theres a drought of releases im interested in and ill fire up that game on my backlog.

zebez

the time will come where theres a drought of releases im interested in and ill fire up that game on my backlog.

I wish. I just have too many games I already would like to play and not enough time. And the gap just gets bigger 😪

Parsnip

I've finished 4 games this year. 40 is pretty nuts.

FF12 is my favorite FF game and I definitely recommend you check it when the remaster hits PC.

zebez

I've beaten Mass Effect. I don't even remember if I've beaten anything else, probably for the best.

Rhaknar

Im saving Atelier for my birthday, that way I can be disapointed with a game just like I will be with life that day, its perfect.

So instead I started playing Steamworld Heist and im loving it, but do "classes" get more unique later with more skills?

So far the 3 dudes I have are all kinda the same except different health, and the captain has a skill but its just a power shot which looks the same :/

def sim

I haven't beaten a single game in 2017 yet...

Neither have I. I'm working through Yakuza 0 and will be doing the same with Zelda this week, but I doubt I'll finish those anytime soon.

I still have not played the Hokkaido storyline mission for Hitman, so I'll probably get right on that when I get home.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Valve added "Steam Idlers" to their list of software that can conflict with VAC systems.

So like I've said all along, don't run Idle Master or other similar software while connected to a VAC-enabled game/server. This doesn't necessarily mean that you will be VAC banned for using such programs. And no, I have no intention of trying to play cat and mouse with Valve to try to keep Idle Master "undetectable".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom