• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

FF XV on PC probably:

tiQHHbK2

ttcGTPTC

sVg0cP3.jpg

7yralDz.jpg

0chzk9A.jpg

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03...xvs-technical-experiments-running-gtx-1080ti/

Kiru

Thanks for all the contributions!
I think that DLCs are not correctly retrieved (or not retrieved at all) and they show as not owned. Maybe I open an issue on Github later.

Doubt there's a fix for this. I think there's no way to tell if you own a DLC on steamgifts.com either.

No, no, no. Bloodstained is an IGA-vania. Please get your nomenclature right. There will be a test on friday.

Yeah, you are totally right on that one!
But as Dr.Acula put it earlier in this thread, metroidvania was first used within the castlevania franchise to differentiate games like Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia from the other more traditional casltevania games.
Then people started using it to refer to other games that followed the metroid school of design and it has now replaced the term metroid-like. So if you want to describe a game that is more like SOTN you now have to call it an Iga-vania i guess?

xist

Cards // +1
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (xist, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Endorlight -- MB-5E3AFE4C28A58365 - Taken by MaxiLive

Graphics aside, i can't believe how RE4 is still holding up so well after 10+ years after original release. Impressively well-designed game, variety of situations and gameplay is just insane. I can't remember any other game that legally allows player to skip boss battles if some of the bosses are really annoying to fight (Chief Mendez was top notch, but fuck this blind guy with large claws, twice). Also, this is type of horror games i absolutely love, where your character is not a defenseless bitch and you can fight with enemies, but it's still very intense and disturbing. Atmosphere and music is just amazing, reminds me Silent Hill 2. I just finished chapter 3-3, and i think this game will probably be in somewhere high in my top 20 favorite games of all time. I knew that RE4 was good game, but playing it episodically is nothing compared to full playthrought. The only problem that i have with this game is very low default FOV, but thank god for PC gaming i can relatively easy change it with Cheat Engine. I wish there is option to change it right in the game menu though.

RE4 is a masterclass in pacing and game design. It's considered one of the best games ever by so many people for a reason.
Can't wait for that HD mod to be finished.

kionedrik

Well this is a new low for Groupees.

Apparently in their most recent Build-a-bundle you only get the first episode of The Descendant instead of the full thing and there's no mention of it anywhere.
However if you buy it for whatever reason, make sure to get In Between.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I think that DLCs are not correctly retrieved (or not retrieved at all) and they show as not owned. Maybe I open an issue on Github later.

As Kiru said, there isn't really much of a fix for this since Valve's own API doesn't have a way for third party sites to determine whether or not you own a particular piece of DLC.

Of course, the script might be able to be updated to use your dynamicstore API data, but that would likely be a copy/paste from that API every time you buy a new game or DLC which is... inconvenient to say the least. But it's the only way I'm aware of to determine which DLC apps you own.

Megauap

Doubt there's a fix for this. I think there's no way to tell if you own a DLC on steamgifts.com either.

As Kiru said, there isn't really much of a fix for this since Valve's own API doesn't have a way for third party sites to determine whether or not you own a particular piece of DLC.

Of course, the script might be able to be updated to use your dynamicstore API data, but that would likely be a copy/paste from that API every time you buy a new game or DLC which is... inconvenient to say the least. But it's the only way I'm aware of to determine which DLC apps you own.

Hopefully in the future Valve updates their API to allow it. And while they are at it, they could also implement a call to get all the games in the wishlist of a user. Don't think it's too difficult to implement.

Since Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is coming to PC the same time as the PS4 version, I wonder if Dissidia Arcade has a chance of coming out on PC along side the PS4 version (whenever that is) since Koei is developing it.

Megauap

Man, I wanted to buy Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Switch just to lick the cartridge all day but it seems that I won't be able to because Nintendo added some chemicals to make it taste horrible.
/s

At least now I can watch a video of Alanah Pearce drunk licking a Switch cartridge. Not bad.

Tizoc

Holy shit
guys
you guys
seriously
you guys

I've actually found the WORST Neo Geo game ever, and I braved through it just to beat it.
Fucking hell ADK, what were your team smoking when they were making Ninja Combat?

I would pay $40 just to be able to tech out of those throw loops.

balrog-head.gif

Sajko

Deadly Premonition PC port. Fucking glorious.

Now I got this shit: Crash at the beginning of Chapter 9 corrupts save file (Pcgamingwiki)

There goes my plan to 100% this game. My 15 hour save with a lot of side missions got fucked.

Edit: Found a save files that has a bit more done, so I'll try to cobble up something together. But still how did this shit get past QA, I have no idea.

Kiru

Man, I wanted to buy Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Switch just to lick the cartridge all day but it seems that I won't be able to because Nintendo added some chemicals to make it taste horrible.
/s

At least now I can watch a video of Alanah Pearce drunk licking a Switch cartridge. Not bad.

Did that a minute ago too. lol.

Auraela

Banned
one of my friends on steam works at night dive and has played turok 2 for over 300hrs been chatting back and fourth, says the trailer the uploaded was over 5 months old and contains alot of old stuff, like how in trailer the lair of blind ones boss is buggy, said overall the quality of remaster etc is better than turok 1

NP, only issue is you would have to redo the edits every time the script gets updated. That's the reason localstorage is useful.
I figured as much. My local storage only had a slot for the api64 key so I moved on to the other solution. Edit: or not, but it didn't have the API row, *shrug*

Is it possible to have a small place saying the game is on your wishlist ?

There's an issue for this in here:
https://github.com/petetnt/neogaf-monkeybot/issues/5

:)

Not sure if that's possible, but it could be a nice enhancement too.

The extension also used to show if there are cards available for the game but it got broken, should bring that back too.

Ladekabel

Is Disc Jam releasing soon since it's in PS+ for March? Or is it first launching on PS4? Or is the beta in the paid service?

Tizoc

Nearing 40 completed games for this year @o@.
Note to self: play more arcade games that are available legally on current gen platforms.

So it turns out my viking lord only had a mild case of rabies and was able to live a full and healthy extra twelve-ish months.

But don't worry, he used that precious time to do some good for the realm.
Ah, what a wonderful legacy.
AKA what everyone thought brutal legend was going to be when they played the demo

I stopped playing Brutal Legend during the first real RTS segment.

What a weird mishmash of genres.

Miletius

Trying to play (and finish) Darkest Dungeon in 2 weeks before Torment came out was a mistake. Even on radiant mode, DD seems like it's gonna take at least 10-20 more hours.

I haven't even done expedition into the final dungeon yet.

AHA-Lambda

I have finished 12 so far (plus a few DLCs), but the pace has slowed right down of late with big lengthy games out, plus I've started a new job =/

More pennies for games :)
Less time for games :(

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

The Hidden Dragon -- MB-F7B63CEC3739DFCC - Taken by fuzzy123
The Lost Island -- MB-4C823A69C21A4BE1 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH
The Lost Souls -- MB-7248F78027CEF1FA - Taken by voodooray
The Tape -- MB-3FB0CBFF4A108C3C - Taken by Tart Toter 9k
Timber! The Logging Experts -- MB-143BA78F1C3CBE5A - Taken by ThirtyFour
Tomato Jones -- MB-6F278D6646D2EFCC - Taken by madjoki
Ultimate Word Search 2: Letter Boxed -- MB-A312DEC364F89809 - Taken by AHA-Lambda
Verge: Lost Chapter -- MB-DC27F9669D8E31D2 - Taken by Ruruja
Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-822123E750F39A0E - Taken by FLD
Warriors Wrath -- MB-4D10DBC3D36295C0 - Taken by septicore
White Mirror -- MB-0D5F77DB44A415EF - Taken by PetriP-TNT
Wooden House -- MB-61D894C19A7D143D - Taken by Purkake4
Yellow: The Yellow Artifact -- MB-BBB65C72C40FAB24 - Taken by Servizio

Arthea

I've finished 6 games this year, dropped two more, so it's kinda 8 and I'm close to finishing two more (if I ever will be able to finish that evil Energy Balance, that is), and one of those is 100 hour game - Atelier Sophie you all should buy and play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom