• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firehead

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
NieR: Automata -- MB-C2AD3ABB52B5F38B - Taken by Firehead Trivia Question: I heard from a trusted anonymous source this is the last one for a while. Fill in the FF VI blanks and combine them into one big word with no spaces: Magitek blank, Figaro blank, main villain: blank, Returner's blank, blank can die from eating sick fish?

Oh shit, I actually got it. Amazing, thank you!

EdmondD

ModBot said:
Instructions for EdmondD:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lethal League -- MB-AD8EE14625F65084 - Taken by xelios. 1 entrants total.

t1489213361z1.png

Is there a place to get Nier cheap or are people just being way too generous today? Don't really want to buy more games but if it's cheap....

WhiteWolf

I picked up Total War: Warhammer from the Humble Bundle last month and I was wondering if there is a guide people would recommend reading or watching to get acquainted with the game mechanics? I've never played a Total War game or any games like them before, the genre is completely new to me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and even Zelda reviews had those nuggets

what the hell is up with people not liking games being liked

People are free to like or dislike whatever they want. But maybe, just maybe, when there is a "this shit is amazing y'all" consensus, that "lol no its trash" review might be a little click bait-y.

Reviews arent just an opinion piece, the games have to be judged for the game part aswell. And there is no planet in the universe where a game like Horizon for example, even if you dont like the story, or even if you dont like third person action, is a 5, as the game is extemely well done in every aspect of the game part. The fact that you dont like what its doing doesnt change that. Im just using Horizon as an example because I played it.

Or reviewing Nier with only finishing Route A, which is basically half the game if not less, and then say its incomplete. Well yeah, it literally is incomplete because you didnt complete it.

I dont like racing games for example, but I can look at one, see its features, graphics, etc, and recognize "that looks like a good racing game, its not for me because I dont like the genre, but it seems well made"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
170 hours in Marvel Heroes, you're a nerd iosefe.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
People are free to like or dislike whatever they want. But maybe, just maybe, when there is a "this shit is amazing y'all" consensus, that "lol no its trash" review might be a little click bait-y.

Reviews arent just an opinion piece, the games have to be judged for the game part aswell. And there is no planet in the universe where a game like Horizon for example, even if you dont like the story, or even if you dont like third person action, is a 5, as the game is extemely well done in every aspect of the game part. The fact that you dont like what its doing doesnt change that. Im just using Horizon as an example because I played it.

Or reviewing Nier with only finishing Route A, which is basically half the game if not less, and then say its incomplete. Well yeah, it literally is incomplete because you didnt complete it.

I dont like racing games for example, but I can look at one, see its features, graphics, etc, and recognize "that looks like a good racing game, its not for me because I dont like the genre, but it seems well made"

I get the sentiment, but most of the time when it's a game I'm not even going to get because it doesn't interest me, I wouldn't really go in the review discussion or participate in it since I wouldn't have any reference or such. Like as much as people hail on Rocket League, it's not my type of game so I just avoid discussions with it.

Rhaknar

I get the sentiment, but most of the time when it's a game I'm not even going to get because it doesn't interest me, I wouldn't really go in the review discussion or participate in it since I wouldn't have any reference or such. Like as much as people hail on Rocket League, it's not my type of game so I just avoid discussions with it.

Im specifically talking about the random ass 5/10 reviews that always pop up for every popular game from some random ass site.

I picked up Total War: Warhammer from the Humble Bundle last month and I was wondering if there is a guide people would recommend reading or watching to get acquainted with the game mechanics? I've never played a Total War game or any games like them before, the genre is completely new to me.

The state of the Grand Campaign has changed with every patch, so I dunno how relevant any video tutorials are. Even with minimal knowledge, I'd recommend just jumping in as Empire or Dwarves--good introductory factions--and playing with the intro tutorial on. A low difficulty is recommended but not necessary--you probably won't win your first campaign and that's OK.

If you need any help while playing, there's some people at the Total Warhammer OT that'll gladly help ya out or provide tips.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Gwent Beta -- MB-0793736F08D37327 - Taken by Mister_Bubbles

Sarcasm

So I just got a voucher code I can supposedly use for some games like NieR. I already purchased it, WTF! I want an extra 5% off...

Ascheroth

So I just got a voucher code I can supposedly use for some games like NieR. I already purchased it, WTF! I want an extra 5% off...
That happened to me when I preordered Dragons Dogma from GMG.
They sent a 5% voucher long after I'd already bought it :/
Lesson learned: Don't preorder from GMG until you get an extra voucher.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Oh man, Hollow Knight keeps throwing crazy shit at me, there's so much in this game.

The new patch fixes the stuttering almost completely. I may have noticed one or two in the last couple hours, and those might have just been hits.

Rhaknar

Oh man, Hollow Knight keeps throwing crazy shit at me, there's so much in this game.

The new patch fixes the stuttering almost completely. I may have noticed one or two in the last couple hours, and those might have just been hits.

Dont you dare leave that game before you delve into the cryptic dark souls type shit.

Tizoc

Please take these if you don't have them yet
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Dawn of War II Retribution: Ultramarines DLC -- MB-ECEFA750E4435A6F - Taken by Kagemusha
Minion Masters -- MB-52E906A307CF7A31 - Taken by Firehead

Wok

Now that the Nier giveaway train has definitely stopped, it is time to get hyped for other upcoming games, with my preferences going to:

March 28: "a few bucks"

March 29: 20€

April 11: 40€

April 12:

May 26: 35€

Also, I hope we get a store page for Miegakure soon enough:

Edit: Hmmm... Last post of the page for 50-post-per-page users.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Okay since no key I can refund, but how long does that take?

No more than day or so for GMG to action the request and then however long it takes for PayPal/your bank/etc. to process the refund. Alternatively, since you'll just be repurchasing the game, anyway, you could try asking for your GMG account to be credited the difference and put that money towards something else later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom