• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 is my lowest ranking mainline game (not counting Rev or CVX). It has good ideas, and I'm curious to see what thy do with 8. But there's more issues with than 6 imo. By the end of the game, I just wanted it to end. A big chunk of the issues were story related for me. I didn't mind the change back to roots gameplay wise. I just wanted more from it. Some scares and some puzzles does not equal greatness to me.

5>4>RE1=REmake>3>6>0>2>7

Yeah I have 4 over 6. Since it is technically the better overall experience. But gameplay wise, 6 is more fun. But it's campaign has a lot of chaff in it.

Speaking as somebody that was there when this series launched, only a heathen would put 4 and 5 above the original 3. I'm not even sure I would put them above 0.

Jawmuncher

Speaking as somebody that was there when this series launched, only a heathen would put 4 and 5 above the original 3. I'm not even sure I would put them above 0.

Jawmuncher
Heathen
Today, 08:57 AM, Post #5203

I prefer the monsters and universe of RE rather than the gameplay, for the most part.

All the Resident Evil games are shit. Every last one of them. There, I said it.

cdkeys has the full season of Hitman for just over $20 with the code if anyone is interested. Damn good game that's well worth that price.

WhiteWolf

The state of the Grand Campaign has changed with every patch, so I dunno how relevant any video tutorials are. Even with minimal knowledge, I'd recommend just jumping in as Empire or Dwarves--good introductory factions--and playing with the intro tutorial on. A low difficulty is recommended but not necessary--you probably won't win your first campaign and that's OK.

If you need any help while playing, there's some people at the Total Warhammer OT that'll gladly help ya out or provide tips.
Thanks, I'll start out with the Empire on easy and go from there.

Jawmuncher

All the Resident Evil games are shit. Every last one of them. There, I said it.

cdkeys has the full season of Hitman for just over $20 with the code if anyone is interested. Damn good game that's well worth that price.

your-favorite-game-isfplpx.png

Hasn't hitman been cheaper?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Don't grab only, give something away too -- MB-87D4EE5BBC51BC5E - Taken by Snakethesniper. 38 entrants total.

t1489252011z1.png

C4rter

Free game from German Magazine GameStar
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Evoland 2 -- MB-036FCDED0B2EB63F - Taken by Ruruja. 1 entrants total.

t1489242811z1.png

Nillansan

Oh I do ;) Which reminds me I prob. should play that Adventure series already lol.

Having played all of them ages ago, I think that they still hold up pretty well. The second entry in the series, Gobliins - The Prince Buffoon, is still my favorite. Some of the puzzles that require you to juggle between the abilities of both goblins are quite well thought out.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Magma Tsunami -- MB-61ACA98C17F37A55 - Taken by Jalal
Magma Tsunami #2 -- MB-1D9BA688E9D5DE95 - Taken by data
Magma Tsunami #3 -- MB-084108F9FCA96F2C - Taken by dot
Magma Tsunami #4 -- MB-287DF4F478998BFF - Taken by Kifimbo
Magma Tsunami #5 -- MB-5E895C89BF390BBD - Taken by Vazra
Magma Tsunami #6 -- MB-8C7F67ED16E7DAFD - Taken by Sajko
Magma Tsunami #7 -- MB-CF26D610C3F49D29 - Taken by ThirtyFour
Magma Tsunami #8 -- MB-4EEB7AAFF850FC08 - Taken by Hakkelus
Magma Tsunami #9 -- MB-128A32A9277B8975 - Taken by Vuze

Tizoc

Having played all of them ages ago, I think that they still hold up pretty well. The second entry in the series, Gobliins - The Prince Buffoon, is still my favorite. Some of the puzzles that require you to juggle between the abilities of both goblins are quite well thought out.
Will grab them off got when i get home as they have a nice pice point atm

Mivey

I fully expect REmake 2 to shake things up more than people think. I doubt fixed camera is even going to be there.
You shouldn't conflate "expectation", which should be based on probability and prior behaviour, with "hope".
Action RE is dead, every game post RE6 has been reducing the action elements.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-CCE13A1A5EA62134 - Taken by Nete. 4 entrants total.

t1489244284z1.png

KainXVIII

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Don't grab only, give something away too -- MB-87D4EE5BBC51BC5E - Taken by Snakethesniper. 38 entrants total.

t1489252011z1.png
I bet its Nier 😄

So, Switch seems to be hacked already.
Is this the fastest console hack ever? I think even GBA lasted a few weeks...

I'm not buying it... one of the replies on the tweet said it could be a video player from the WiFi webkit login page or something...

And having PS1 boot on Switch probably wouldn't be the first thing homebrew achieves.

The bio of the Twitter account: "PEPSI Ambassador • Anime Edgelord * King of Kong • Shitposting Intellectual" --- seeme legit :p

Grief.exe

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Grief.exe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
The Secret World -- MB-1035EDD7C5A9BCAC - Taken by Blizniak. 1 entrants total.
Broforce -- MB-5497580EC7BF084D - Taken by zebez. 2 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-65BC0BC22BE8F9A9 - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.

t1489243714z1.png

Jawmuncher

You shouldn't conflate "expectation", which should be based on probability and prior behaviour, with "hope".
Action RE is dead, every game post RE6 has been reducing the action elements.

We'll see about that.
I think too many people are banking on this being a REmake style game. When in reality it's probably a project with more in common with FF7R. It's going to be RE2 for a new gen in more ways than one I think.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I still find it ridiculous that Minfilia's outfit gives you her massive breast size, I set it to the lowest option available for a reason game!

People call her Boobfilia for a reason.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Stronghold Crusader II -- MB-325C21C7F4D3C47C - Taken by PaulSane

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Shadowrun Hong Kong Extended Edition -- MB-74B39566BFA07569 - Taken by Kifimbo. 5 entrants total.

t1489245297z1.png

data

Instructions for data:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Don't send a thanks message

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/st...er_292x136.jpg http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/st...er_292x136.jpg
Oniken -- MB-653C63C7400D9D90 - Taken by Hakkelus
Skullgirls -- MB-CE5378ADEB789102 - Taken by Dangerblade

Not sure if skullgirls is taken or not.

Volimar

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

IDOL HANDS -- MB-1F2870ECF26C9E98 - Taken by Diedac

A God game with trading cards.

Nete

Mystery Gift -- MB-CCE13A1A5EA62134 - Taken by Nete. 4 entrants total.

^This was Jumpjet Rex. I had no idea that game existed nor I did know what to expect by the name XD, but it seems quite cool.

Also:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nete, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

ABZU -- MB-46FE09A8D611E486 - Taken by alr1ght. 6 entrants total.

t1489246214z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Day D: Tower Rush -- MB-C1D5338C8B968D81 - Taken by voodooray
DiRT 3 Complete Edition -- MB-012B405C15C2AD47 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat. 1 entrants total.
Evertown -- MB-F5AB0893D0A812B6 - Taken by Abomination
Farnham Fables -- MB-B7D2BEC93DB42BCB - Taken by Kifimbo
Fort Defense -- MB-2AC4150A32D8DEDC - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat - Taken by ModBot - Taken by krczt23
Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes Collector's Edition -- MB-D36A3CEA90ACBEAF - Taken by fuzzy123 - Taken by ModBot - Taken by krczt23
Royal Defense -- MB-3037C1238BA0E58F - Taken by Vuze
Runestone Keeper -- MB-98D924422C6489EC - Taken by Megauap
Solitaire Christmas. Match 2 Cards -- MB-31F87A0DB0BADB62 - Taken by Pachimari

dex3108

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a stand based on principle. The issue is that "unoptimised" has become perverted to the point that it means "doesn't meet my expectations".

Yeah everything that doesn't run at Super Ultra details at 4K in 60FPS on GTX970 is unoptimized mess these days.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hexcells Complete Pack -- MB-3E723467A183F0B6 - Taken by purseowner
Shut Up And Dig -- MB-1DFD9847C02266B1

Before trying out extra modes in RE4, I decided to continue revisiting games that was released released in 2007 with Driver: Parallel Lines. First impressions are good, driving is not bad and i love 70's aesthetic. On the other side, driving to missions markers around the city and trying to get rid of police is a chore. Definitely need to play more, but i hope this is not 20+ hours game.

Durante

I just finished Torment. Really enjoyed it too.

I guess I can get back to Sophie for something more lighthearted before Nier is out.

Ibuki

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Moody Blues, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
Ryse: Son of Rome -- MB-8816FE879DA56D7F - Taken by Tall4Life. 3 entrants total.
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West -- MB-E44893991CFD2450 - Taken by claytonlee101. 1 entrants total.
Husk -- MB-34A6DDCB0F848990 - Taken by NeoRaider. 1 entrants total.

t1489247759z1.png

Last few Humble extras

MaxiLive

Time to hop on the giveaway train:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MaxiLive, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-A28FCBA67CB73A5D - Taken by prudislav
Victor Vran -- MB-884BF8AF0DF0FC15 - Taken by BlakeofT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom