• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it turns out, Hollow Knight is feelin' pretty good (who'd've thought). I like that it seems more Metroid than Vania.

2D2A399835DF01A4B8AB9A00780ECEB72076C946

Game's got vibes.

Almost got done with the second area in Hollow Knight and while the game is really great, the stutter is downright awful and annoying, especially because it always happens when I'm fighting some tough enemy or jumping over some dangerous place.
There was a patch released a couple hours back that has improved that.

DirtRiver

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DirtRiver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Receiver -- MB-02AA00A3748F5749

You can have it. Nifty little game.

Vastag

Just tried Verdum after getting it with the last humble bundle and is right my alley. It's a ton of fun if you like more "deliberate" multiplayer fps like Rising Storm.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dragon1893, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hacknet -- MB-CFF39F5C69DF8F27 - Taken by NingenJanai
Minion Masters -- MB-133A03B12DE39164 - Taken by Pachimari

FLD

As it turns out, Hollow Knight is feelin' pretty good (who'd've thought). I like that it seems more Metroid than Vania.

Game's got vibes.

Yeah, it's pretty damn great. Only won it yesterday and I already have almost 10 hours of playtime. I'm not a fan of having to buy the map for each new area, though. It should really start filling out as soon as you enter and start exploring and maybe only add details and icons once you buy it. If there's one thing I hate in games it's not knowing where the hell I am or am going. :/

zkylon

zkylewd
does your system run the games from this gen well?

we all should be playing nier day 1 and bawl our eyes out
i mean, it ran doom perfect, dishonored 2 and xcom 2 like absolute garbage, deus ex on medium 1680x1050 was a pretty shaky 40-60, the witcher 3 i locked to 30 fps at 1920x1200 high settings

so kind of a mix, seems like it depends a lot on the devs optimizing their games properly

Anteater

i mean, it ran doom perfect, dishonored 2 and xcom 2 like absolute garbage, deus ex on medium 1680x1050 was a pretty shaky 40-60, the witcher 3 i locked to 30 fps at 1920x1200 high settings

so kind of a mix, seems like it depends a lot on the devs optimizing their games properly

hmm since the witcher runs at 30 on consoles yeah guess we'll need to wait and see :<

those system requirements are such bullshit too lol, pretty sure PG said they listed the MGR's requirements based on whatever systems they had at their office since they can't afford to test every system available

Hey Max, go steal this awkward-handling vehicle with no armor or weapons and no ability to be repaired and drive it halfway across the map while it plays music to attract all the faster, armored, enemy cars with weapons.

Nillansan

...I don't even have the energy to be annoyed anymore. I mean I enjoyed Sophie a shit-ton, but reading stuff like this is just so so frustrating. I don't understand how one company can be so utterly... tone-deaf and ignorant.

It's baffling. I hope someone does a texture replacement modification or something, Koei Tecmo most certainly won't fix it.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm since the witcher runs at 30 on consoles yeah guess we'll need to wait and see :<

those system requirements are such bullshit too lol, pretty sure PG said they listed the MGR's requirements based on whatever systems they had at their office since they can't afford to test every system available
yeah that's lame

i feel like my 960 was a really poor buy cos it's just a coin flip whether i'll be able to run anything

Tonton

Meanwhile I'm hoping I can get 720p60 min settings on my 750ti

I hope this scales down well

Edit: is there gonna be a performance thread or something?

zkylon

zkylewd
960 is better than a 760 right? lol I think if it's running doom at 1080/60 it should be good enough

remember Nier!?

this man says the 1060 is like almost twice as good as the 960, so i might have to pay up and upgrade if i keep struggling with games

1060 is almost 400 usd (which is around what i paid for my 960 two years ago), while 1070 is almost 700 usd. i could kind of afford both but i don't feel comfortable spending that much money on a videocard so idk

if it's really twice as fast it seems like a good investment?

Anteater

Platinum games on console are always 40-60

Pretty sure the OG PS4 is gonna be running at like 720p. Game looks like garbage even on the Pro so....

:< didn't know that

I thought it was like 1080p/60fps with a little drop for the OG PS4

we all are making this worse for zkylon (and most of us)

:< didn't know that

I thought it was like 1080p/60fps with a little drop for the OG PS4

we all are making this worse for zkylon (and most of us)

Well I dunno about always but I've played Bayo 1, Bayo 2 and TW101 and they all have really wild framerates. TW101 being the worst, honestly feels like it's 20-60fps. Bayo 1 and 2 were definitely dropping into the 40s.

Rising and Transformers I was fortunate enough to play on PC. Shame they're nowhere near as good as Bayonetta ; ;

Anteater

this man says the 1060 is like almost twice as good as the 960, so i might have to pay up and upgrade if i keep struggling with games

1060 is almost 400 usd (which is around what i paid for my 960 two years ago), while 1070 is almost 700 usd. i could kind of afford both but i don't feel comfortable spending that much money on a videocard so idk

if it's really twice as fast it seems like a good investment?

I think the 960 is still a higher end gpu than whatever that's in the ps4 right? better to see how it runs when the game is released, because my 760 gtx back then couldn't run Doom at 1080p while the ps4 did lol, it's so weird

I think the 960 is still a higher end gpu than whatever that's in the ps4 right? better to see how it runs when the game is released, because my 760 gtx back then couldn't run Doom at 1080p while the ps4 did lol, it's so weird
PS4 version of Doom had dynamic resolution scaling so it wasn't actually running at 1080p 100% of the time.

I mean PS3 has 512 MB RAM and it's running Persona 5. Console specs are different from PC specs.

NeoRaider

Persona 5 is a PS3 game though. PS4 version is just a straight up port of the PS3 version.

It's not like NieR doesn't look like a PS3 game.
I mean for the game that looks how it looks NieR is running pretty bad on PS4. They couldn't even make 900p game to run @60fps. I am not sure what happened.

Durante

I'd be very surprised if a PC with a 960 couldn't run Nier:Automata slightly better than a (standard) PS4. Unless it's a 2GB 960 and runs into memory limits.

Console specs are different from PC specs.
They aren't really all that different, especially with this generation of hardware. Sure, you might need a bit more memory on PC, but a console GPU with 1.8 TFlops will perform very similarly to a PC GPU with 1.8 TFlops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom