• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think the 960 is still a higher end gpu than whatever that's in the ps4 right? better to see how it runs when the game is released, because my 760 gtx back then couldn't run Doom at 1080p while the ps4 did lol, it's so weird
i think console stuff is a big mystery and u can't just 1:1 it to pc stuff

apparently pc components are gonna be cheaper in argieland soon (i seriously doubt it) so who knows, maybe a 1070 will be more affordable

Anteater

I'd be very surprised if a PC with a 960 couldn't run Nier:Automata slightly better than a (standard) PS4. Unless it's a 2GB 960 and runs into memory limits.

They aren't really all that different, especially with this generation of hardware. Sure, you might need a bit more memory on PC, but a console GPU with 1.8 TFlops will perform very similarly to a PC GPU with 1.8 TFlops.

yeaaah

we can all bawl our eyes out

i think console stuff is a big mystery and u can't just 1:1 it to pc stuff

apparently pc components are gonna be cheaper in argieland soon (i seriously doubt it) so who knows, maybe a 1070 will be more affordable

If that doesn't happen, you could try buying stuff from Amazon Europe. I got my card there and saved quite a bit from our local prices.

Knurek

They aren't really all that different, especially with this generation of hardware. Sure, you might need a bit more memory on PC, but a console GPU with 1.8 TFlops will perform very similarly to a PC GPU with 1.8 TFlops.

I don't think that's true anymore, with most of PC gamers on Team Green and every single developer under the sun optimizing for GCN arch +5 GB of VRAM for the past few years.

Durante

I don't think that's true anymore, with most of PC gamers on Team Green and every single developer under the sun optimizing for GCN arch +5 GB of VRAM for the past few years.
If you look at comparative benchmarks of most games at equivalent settings, it's still true, with maybe some outliers.

Also, while running out of memory is absolutely a possibility with high texture settings on cards with low vram, no console game is designed for 5 GB of VRAM -- as far as I know PS4 games can only use 5GB of memory in total.

Tizoc

Please take these if you don't have them yet
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dawn of War II Retribution: Ultramarines DLC -- MB-ECEFA750E4435A6F - Taken by Kagemusha
Minion Masters -- MB-52E906A307CF7A31 - Taken by Firehead

Y'all be here 12 hours from now too btw~

Kifimbo

Hope they find a home.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-79E3695E4387E7F4 - Taken by GrinningColossus
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising -- MB-B30DB1FAF72EFFEC - Taken by fuzzy123
Operation Flashpoint: Red River -- MB-3E1E196C5EE2DC13 - Taken by voodooray
Risen -- MB-1A5FF69E11928112 - Taken by prudislav
Saints Row 2 -- MB-DDD2091F286A1610 - Taken by DXLelouch153

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
C6qPG5cVoAAxXIw.jpg

damn KI world cup venue... EVO needs to step up their bingo hall setup :/

Momentary

Banned
Tamsoft's Senran Kagura Estival Versus is gonna be a better playing and better performing Musou than anything Koei Tecmo has released on the PC.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Tamsoft's Senran Kagura Estival Versus is gonna be a better playing and better performing Musou than anything Koei Tecmo has released on the PC.

They are more entertaining to play than the original Musous anyway.
invoker-laugh.gif

Nillansan

My refund for Atelier Firis just came through, so fucking tired of the shit Koei Tecmo is pulling. I will buy it again if the issues are somehow addressed.

zkylon

zkylewd
no big enough for Evo tho

tumblr_inline_n4264t9qEl1qkyfep.gif

:(
idk about that, i'm just used to league venues :p

worlds-2015-finals-1920x1080.jpg

killer instinct thing looked good but i feel like computers on like a really simple table with like wires and stuff doesn't look like the bestest of stages. they can do better for sure

and too bad no brazilians gaffers in rio, i kind of really want to go watch msi in brazil this year

probably won't have time to go anyways

You and your boys had good taste. Sick duct tape LOL. Doubt anything will ever top CS as the GOAT for me.

GO is bigger and has more money in it but honestly they're not even close in quality.

xezuru

You and your boys had good taste. Sick duct tape LOL. Doubt anything will ever top CS as the GOAT for me.

GO is bigger and has more money in it but honestly they're not even close in quality.

I lived and died for 1.5/1.6, go unfortunately aint my tempo. I'm thinking Siege might relight FPS magic for me but tfw you and your crew are all old and busy now.

xezuru

With Styx 2 releasing soon I'm gonna put Hollow Knight on hold and finish up Dragon Quest Heroes 1.

I think you guys said that there was no preview gameplay, but was the multiplayer aspects fully mentioned? I always assumed it was just kinda fucking around with your shadow-dude the game.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Been playing through Hollow Knight. Loving it. Classic Metroidvania gameplay, with a few twists so far. Very open ended and nearly no story so far. Just wandering and slaying. Combat feels great as well.

Nzyme32

33 Hours into Hollow Knight, pretty much at the end but I'm working through a bunch of the cryptic stuff I've found around and also collecting lots of stuff / upgrades etc. Absolutely love the game, probably more than Super Metroid which was one of my favourite games of all time. I've heard there are more than one ending - a normal, true and maybe more. No idea what I'll end up with, but I think I'm purposefully going to go with what I think is the normal ending, then do the stuff that I think will change that.

Been playing through Hollow Knight. Loving it. Classic Metroidvania gameplay, with a few twists so far. Very open ended and nearly no story so far. Just wandering and slaying. Combat feels great as well.

My man. Yeah absolutely love it. Once I'm done, assuming the game stays awesome, I might make a thread about the game and why I find it a nice progression from Super Metroid while also managing to be its own original thing.

Seriously, this is most likely my GOTY, but certainly also one of my favourite games that I've played maybe ever.... and I've played a shit load of games. It's probably that the game just suits me so perfectly much like Super Metroid did, in all its aspects, but Hollow Knight builds upon all that, fuses other ideas and remains quite original at the same time. Quite a feat

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its almost like some of us saying it was the best of its genre since SotN were on to something :3

Nzyme32

its almost like some of us saying it was the best of its genre since SotN were on to something :3

Haha no kidding. Kind of make me sad SotN isn't available on PC. I don't have my Xbox 360 anymore which I had it on. Probably will emulate it whenever I get round to buying a copy again (since to this point I still own everything I emulate)

We all know Metroid Fusion > Super Metroid

That's a tough one. I think Super Metroid trumps it just due to the memories I have of playing it as my first game of its sort - which isn't really a good reason to differentiate. Fusion was definitely fantastic. Perhaps a little too easy though... and short, but then again that's kind of what I expect from GBA.

Longest game I played through on GBA was probably Golden Sun since I go stuck a bunch of times since it was the first time I properly played that kind of game

Rhaknar

What if I'm more into the Super Metroid style of Metroidvania than the Symphony of the Night style, ie no level ups or anything?

theres no leveling up in Hollow, unless you count leveling up your sword a few times with items during the game

Nzyme32

What if I'm more into the Super Metroid style of Metroidvania than the Symphony of the Night style, ie no level ups or anything?

theres no leveling up in Hollow, unless you count leveling up your sword a few times with items during the game

Yep. It's the same kind of "leveling" / progression as you would get in Metroid games - you find a thing that confers a new ability or improvement. But as above, your melee weapon can be improved in strength a few times, but that demands finding someone that does it and later finding things that can improve it further. No xp systems etc.

Accoun

You should had one for a long time. They keep giving a free game each month or so.

Speaking of, recently I went to add ME2 to my account. I did it and... realized my account has no other games anymore (I only had freebies, but as far as I know, they don't expire). Went to check the order history and had old entries, but none of them had any details. All of the dates are from 2009.

Like, holy shit. No wonder I had to reset my password. I only just realized that I logged in to my old account instead. I used it for Battlefield Heroes for like two weeks and forgot about it. To the point that I made a new one thinking that someone else just grabbed my nickname before.
Also no wonder I had garbage data in my order history - it's all pre-Origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom