• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

voodooray

Spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

A Detective's Novel -- MB-9AA105AC99FD8973 - Taken by Kifimbo
A Detective's Novel #2 -- MB-3EB594955FD139ED - Taken by Knurek
Unforgiving Trials: The Darkest Crusade -- MB-20EF85B1B487D907

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I7Ufybq.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-F4C618646383B0C1 - Taken by zkylon. 15 entrants total.

t1489315769z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-F4C618646383B0C1 - Taken by zkylon. 15 entrants total.

t1489316448z1.png

Durante

I've always been someone to appreciate ideas even in the face of imperfect execution. I'd much rather play something unique and unpolished than a factory-perfect mass-market turd polished to a mirror finish which allows me to see my own reflection in the crap because it lacks any other substance.

What I don't really understand is how people cannot admit to themselves that "ideas >>> execution" is also exactly what Planescape: Torment is. (Just with even more awesome ideas)

I kind of expect it to be competent as Platinum Games are handling the porting job themselves.
I expect it to be decently competent as a port, but people still complaining because it's just not all that polished performance-wise as a game (I mean, it runs at 1080p on a PS4 Pro and still can't hold 60 FPS).

-Deimos

Restart your PC and see if Steam still is having issues with that. DQ Heroes hadn't been recognizing my PS4 controller via Input Mapper. After a reboot, it recognized it fine.

Yeah I tried a restart the first time when steam was using my desktop and in-game profile at the same time. It seemed to work but all my mappings reset to default when I booted up today so I thought maybe it was a new client bug. Probably just an isolated incident, guess I'll see tomorrow.

Knurek

I expect it to be decently competent as a port, but people still complaining because it's just not all that polished performance-wise as a game (I mean, it runs at 1080p on a PS4 Pro and still can't hold 60 FPS).

Isn't it CPU bound, as is the case with most danmaku shmups and/or open world games?
Proper CPUs uesed on PCs should help here a bit, I guess.

Does anyone here have thoughts on the special edition content/DLC for Indie Game: The Movie? I think I bought the movie in the humble bundle years ago but didn't pay enough for a steam key, so I can't buy the DLC.

sheaaaa

My go to gaming sites Eurogamer and RPS haven't reviewed Hollow Knight (yet?). How legit is the game? Seems right up my alley as a Souls nut who likes 2D Metroidvanias.

Corpekata

Banned
My go to gaming sites Eurogamer and RPS haven't reviewed Hollow Knight (yet?). How legit is the game? Seems right up my alley as a Souls nut who likes 2D Metroidvanias.

It's pretty great.

But yeah, getting next to no media coverage. If you were subbed to Humble Monthly last month it had a demo for the game.

It does start a little slow, mainly because the game is sort of surprisingly long and huge, but once you get the first movement ability it's a pretty awesome experience.

Echoplx

Can't wait for the posts saying they're gonna play on ps4 because their PC can't maintain 60FPS 100% of the time.

illusionary

Various spares :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (illusionary, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-02210A549542EA18
DiRT 3 Complete Edition -- MB-1B081786EEEF2541
Golden Axe II -- MB-0129B0B504D97EED - Taken by Dragon1893. 3 entrants total.

t1489321492z1.png

sheaaaa

It's pretty great.

But yeah, getting next to no media coverage. If you were subbed to Humble Monthly last month it had a demo for the game.

It does start a little slow, mainly because the game is sort of surprisingly long and huge, but once you get the first movement ability it's a pretty awesome experience.

You should be playing it right now. It's 2 legit.

Ahhh okay it's going next on the list after I'm done with BOTW. I do have last month's Humble Monthly but it sounds very much like I would like this game so I'd rather just fork out the $15 for the full thing. Thanks guys!

The interesting thing about it having little media coverage is how far word of mouth is taking it. More than 1k reviews on Steam, with close to 50k owners (on the higher end) is fantastic for a game that doesn't seem to have had a marketing push. Good on them.

JarrodL

Yeah, disappointment
C6tK42MW0AApd_q.jpg:large

This happens with every big game project out there, stuff is cut constantly in development. If someone can't take this disappointment, I have only one piece of advice for them - avoid playing early access / following backer updates on projects until they're out. Sometimes ignorance is bliss and all that.

Wok

The fact that HK gets attention from SteamGAF despite not being anime tells a lot about how good this game is. 😌 The main protagonist is not even weaing sexy pants. 😝

I have no idea why the "journalists" are not reviewing this game. Meanwhile, everybody and her cat has "reviewed" Zelda, a.k.a. given it a 10/10 because it is Zelda and it's new.

ngnJpfE.png

RPS has reviewed it, but I heard bad things about John Walker:

Rock, Paper, Shotgun, John Walker
It delivers on what it delivers. The movement is fast but sturdy, the combat nifty, and the artwork is really lovely. Its choice of greys and muted greens and blues doesn't do it enormous favours, and each area is pretty monotone. Animations are great, and the world is pleasingly detailed, but it also feels flat and dulled.

Nabs

I still don't get why he bothered calling that a review. It sounds like he may have played 3 hours of a 30+ hr game.

OK, so I actually have some time to play today.
Gonna check out ABZU and maybe even finish it so I can remind myself of how it feels to actually beat a game lol.
Also gonna make some progress on XCom 2. Maybe also start Atelier Sophie since my brother bought it.
I also need to sit down in front of my PS3 to make some progress on Trails of Cold Steel 2
Let's see how it goes.

gelf

Can't wait for the posts saying they're gonna play on ps4 because their PC can't maintain 60FPS 100% of the time.
If the minimum specs are to be anyway believed I'm considering the PS4 version. I'm definitely finding some console ports to be running worse on my aging system these days in a way games early in the gen weren't (maybe because many were cross gen?). I did get Resident Evil 7 on PC in the end but comparing how far I have to lower settings to run it to how the PS4 demo looks I probably should have gone console.

Will wait for potato PC impressions before making a decision.

dex3108

It has a flawless sensor so as long as you like the design go for it.

http://on-winning.com/flawless-sensor-mouse-list-perfect/

Tnx for that info

I personally love the 502. I have it and absolutely no complaints.

Yeah 502 is great but it is almost double the price here :/ I don't think that it is that much better. Especially for me because i am not that into the MP games. I just want comfortable and reliable mouse with decent DPI.

OK, so I actually have some time to play today.
Gonna check out ABZU and maybe even finish it so I can remind myself of how it feels to actually beat a game lol.
Also gonna make some progress on XCom 2. Maybe also start Atelier Sophie since my brother bought it.
I also need to sit down in front of my PS3 to make some progress on Trails of Cold Steel 2
Let's see how it goes.
You can finish it in one sitting. I played it when I was slightly drunk and it was a great experience.

fantomena

Will be selling my Xbone today. Honestly, it's kind of a relief considering Im never using it and haven't used it in forever and all the upcoming Xbox games I want which is actually just Crackdown 3 is also coming to PC. Sea of Thieves also looks cool, but nothing more.

It's just collecting dust so it'll be in better hands with someone who wants to use it.

Echoplx

If the minimum specs are to be anyway believed I'm considering the PS4 version. I'm definitely finding some console ports to be running worse on my aging system these days in a way games early in the gen weren't (maybe because many were cross gen?). I did get Resident Evil 7 on PC in the end but comparing how far I have to lower settings to run it to how the PS4 demo looks I probably should have gone console.

Will wait for potato PC impressions before making a decision.

Hard to say without knowing your specs but the PS4 version runs at 900p and rarely maintains 60FPS.

Waiting for impressions is the sensible option though.

MUnited83

For you.
just for funsies i tried running MK 8 at 10K resolution

(downsampled to 4k because it would be a 80MB image otherwise)

Even at this res it was pumping out 10-15 fps. This is insane. I don't think the game would perform this well if it was officially ported lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom