• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheaaaa

Tease, what are the others then?

These days I go whenever I feel like to RPS and that's it.

This is just me, as someone who values quality games writing:

Edge
Eurogamer
RPS
Waypoint (could live without any of the "personality" nonsense but some good writing on there)

And Game Maker's Toolkit for video. That's it!

Nillansan

I expect it to be decently competent as a port, but people still complaining because it's just not all that polished performance-wise as a game (I mean, it runs at 1080p on a PS4 Pro and still can't hold 60 FPS).

I guess we'll see on Friday, it's a shame that Square Enix refuses to talk about the more technical aspects of the port.

Ludens

Banned
Just completed White March part 1, it was very very good. Now I started part 2, and it seems there's even more content compared to part 1.
The Devil is also a nice, new companion.
I really hope one between Tyranny or Torment will be included in Humble Monthly in the next 10 months, considering Wasteland 2 was included, I think it's very possible for the second.

sheaaaa

They went off the deep end after all the gamergate shit.

Most recent example being that Rimworld piece they wrote.

Can't recall any gamergate shit they were involved in or them going off the deep end. Might have to be a bit more specific here.

I thought that Rimworld piece was unfortunate and drew a lot of unfounded conclusions but I hardly think it came from a place of reaction to any Gamergate shit.

Nillansan

Durante, I am assuming that you've been in touch with a Koei Tecmo representative since you received a pre-release copy of Atelier Firis, have they mentioned anything about post-release support?

Wok

Google Talk with Ron Gilbert as guest.

Veteran game designer Ron Gilbert has been making games since the 1980s, most notably as writer, programmer, and designer for LucasFilm Games / LucasArts, producing classics like Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Today he is putting the finishing touches on his crowdfunded pixel-art puzzle adventure Thimbleweed Park.

In this lunchtime interview at Google, we use the rare opportunity to talk to a developer who knows both the technical side - Ron likes to code the engine behind his games himself - as well as the creative side of designing games that are still remembered 30 years after their release. We retrace his path from the early days of DOS software into the post-Kickstarter world of crowdfunding, learning how he initially got into the industry and why his latest ode to the 80s still flaunts its big blocky pixels.

Tizoc

Steven Universe StL gameplay footage
https://youtu.be/ih_lEX3jFW0?t=25
YoTtMf1.gif

pjwpsfb.gif

This was confirmed for PC.
*Give it to me now.gif*

Powerpuff

I have been lucky and want to balance my karma a bit.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Powerpuff, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Elements: Soul of Fire -- MB-12C6074C32C538E3 - Taken by Belgarion
Freebie -- MB-444EB28BD31336E6 - Taken by Ventilaator
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-522E305D1DEB64AC - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Heavy Metal Machines -- MB-69BE2F76053BC9E5 - Taken by Dream_Journey. 1 entrants total.
Lovely Planet -- MB-58FB295E24110BBD - Taken by Professor Lexicovermis
PAYDAY 2 Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks DLC -- MB-E75EF84607C1574B - Taken by ctw0e. 2 entrants total.
Potatoman Seeks the Troof -- MB-36CD2F7EE60CDDC3 - Taken by voodooray
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut -- MB-CA9EFE6E0A3BA9C5 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 1 entrants total.
Rituals -- MB-3AD7ECF329A90AFF - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-26D16BD7FBCA360A - Taken by BlakeofT. 1 entrants total.
Violett Remastered -- MB-22A47D67E24A1C9B - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat

t1489332267z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

uO6NMdV.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-91BF800BC14CBAB7 - Taken by Ganado. 5 entrants total.
Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-DED52A5412D2C785 - Taken by Popstar. 4 entrants total.
Mystery Gift #3 -- MB-D76DE336E7086832 - Taken by dave is ok. 4 entrants total.
Mystery Gift- -- MB-95FA100D00534764 - Taken by Nabae. 3 entrants total.

t1489332843z1.png

Hope Level-5 will not be same as Koei Tecmo for PC games. I'm very exciting for Ni No Kuni II but this will be their first release for PC. Hope they will care.

MaxiLive

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MaxiLive, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Killing Floor -- MB-95EFFC2F6BEB7712 - Taken by sixteen-bit

Oldie but a goodie

prudislav

Seems like anime fighters and HaS from Xseed are doing well
During GDC 2017, DualShockers had the opportunity to sit with XSEED Games Executive Vice President Ken Berry and ask about the the benefits of the digital shelves of Steam.

To our question on whether or not the Senran Kagura series is doing well on PC, Ken Berry replied, “Yes, Senran kagura: Shinovi Versus has done extremely well.” Evidently, this isn’t the only title that is doing well for the publisher as he continued: “Some other titles also did above expectations on PC such as Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel and Akiba’s Trip, they definitely found a great audience on PC”.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03/12/senran-kagura-shinovi-versus-done-extremely-well-pc/

Steaspy numbers for reference:
Senran kagura: Shinovi Versus - 76,466 ± 7,709
Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel - 11,389 ± 2,975
Akiba’s Trip - Undead and Undressed - 87,854 ± 8,263

Coreda

RPS is a major flaw in the very foundation of humanity video game journalism. It is completely and utterly WRONG, in every sense of the word.

As these truths fully dawned on me, I became deeply disturbed by them...

Deeply disturbed.

Offended.

And traumatized.

Echoplx

What's wrong with this, though? You don't think it's a valid question?

Never said that, was just citing it as an example of the type of content they started writing that I wasn't a fan of.

I'm a simple person who likes witty reviews. I didn't mean to upset anyone.

Tizoc

Right most of you louts don't really deserve this but it's tradition soooooo
It's my birthday today so here's a big giveaway. You should be able to enter for more than 1 game.

Let me know if you encounter issues redeeming the giveaway(s) you won

ModBot said:
I am giving away 43 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

ABZU -- MB-A79F19AAD9782194 - Taken by Xanathus. 36 entrants total.
Akin -- MB-2471B43D3D3708C9 - Taken by zkylon. 5 entrants total.
Alchemist -- MB-B0B7FEDCD1D0EE61 - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
Alien Soldier -- MB-9DACB7BF537A96DB - Taken by Dragon1893. 2 entrants total.
Artificial Defense -- MB-C908E6A08059623D - Taken by voodooray. 3 entrants total.
Ballistick -- MB-14C0554EAD07B960 - Taken by laserlaser. 3 entrants total.
Black Sand Drift -- MB-6A97755DA0C56D28
Bloodsports.tv -- MB-A52F0E873CD9526E - Taken by voodooray. 3 entrants total.
Castle of Illusion -- MB-A8390E69FC7A9EA0 - Taken by Madn. 13 entrants total.
City Quest -- MB-708E2F09C386C08B
Deus Ex Machina 2 -- MB-F724D0F7A7D19615 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Disgaea 2 PC -- MB-FE5819BDD5B405DB - Taken by Kurt Russell. 64 entrants total.
Earth Overclocked -- MB-F81674A06FDD9979 - Taken by kulapik. 1 entrants total.
Elliot Quest -- MB-3756E2C97BD1A19B - Taken by vermadas. 7 entrants total.
Enclave -- MB-5E7898610364FE5F
Evoland 2 -- MB-79FE71568A0D51F9 - Taken by Zeeman. 8 entrants total.
Explodemon -- MB-1E619132DC1F3D25
Fighters Unleashed -- MB-F3FEC2E750E16982 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 2 entrants total.
Flat Heroes -- MB-3529EC03B151974D
Golden Axe II -- MB-BB796921B072B8CF
Gorky 17 -- MB-7F21A26226B7B815 - Taken by JCG. 1 entrants total.
HAUNTED: Halloween 85 Steam Key -- MB-DACF39A7D57732CA - Taken by xelios. 1 entrants total.
Husk -- MB-6C78DC1215C64310 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 4 entrants total.
Little King's Story -- MB-7EC37294874ADED5 - Taken by rostocker. 60 entrants total.
Marlow Briggs and The Mask of Death -- MB-65CD0864F1F2BF4F - Taken by Cels. 8 entrants total.
NAL is alive -- MB-F562728587865D36
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 -- MB-D911690A281900BB - Taken by PaulSane. 18 entrants total.
Project Highrise -- MB-410BC70EFA3D79C3 - Taken by Shalashaska. 6 entrants total.
RIVE -- MB-E9CA0BEA75D51114 - Taken by bloke. 6 entrants total.
Rack n ruin -- MB-082B5C17CDBF9921 - Taken by Last Baron. 2 entrants total.
Shining Force -- MB-DECC86BE19AC41CF
Shovel Knight -- MB-29660B804D0597B5 - Taken by Dangerblade. 48 entrants total.
SkyTime -- MB-F391FD13782B6600
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-1D757441851E0ECA - Taken by prudislav. 3 entrants total.
Super Cyborg -- MB-25A6A0538A988FF2
The Silent Age -- MB-2828918BAD432FC6 - Taken by Shalashaska. 2 entrants total.
TurnOn -- MB-8EBE1E68C5E99EAA - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
Two Worlds -- MB-080544D0634D99C9

Vanquish: The Adventures of Lady Exton -- MB-DCC640026607C297 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Victor Vran -- MB-7563D916278F6CB5 - Taken by fallout. 6 entrants total.
Wojdan (Arabic language only!) -- MB-DEEE30E6A34A2A4F - Taken by purseowner. 4 entrants total.
Zi -- MB-CD513BDBE92A5CB9
Zombie Boom -- MB-8B280634240E4A4C

t1489410688z1.png

sheaaaa

Most of the writing is really good and free, as far as I can tell, of anything beyond the game they're writing about. Check out The Mechanic by Alex Wiltshire on RPS, Great column where devs talk about the mechanic that makes their game different.

It's my birthday today so here's a big giveaway. You should be able to enter for more than 1 game.

Vanquish: The Adventures of Lady Exton -- MB-DCC640026607C297 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.

Would you look at that, Vanquish IS on Steam!
QUahTxX.png

Tonton

Seems like anime fighters and HaS from Xseed are doing well

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/03/12/senran-kagura-shinovi-versus-done-extremely-well-pc/

Steaspy numbers for reference:
Senran kagura: Shinovi Versus - 76,466 ± 7,709
Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel - 11,389 ± 2,975
Akiba’s Trip - Undead and Undressed - 87,854 ± 8,263
If Nitroplus Blasters is above expectations maybe Xanadu Next numbers aren't too bad

Pls Fate/Extella and Cold Steel next XSEED kthx

PaulSane

Happy birthday! :)

Nzyme32

the top 10 list here is so weird, maybe because there aren't a lot of people buying games here

but at least Atelier Firis is #3

You can't use the top sellers list like that anymore - it excludes everything you already own.

Instead, click on the see all global / top sellers to get the proper list

Javier23

Banned

Happy birthday, Tizoc :)

Very generous giveaway too!

Jawmuncher

If Nitroplus Blasters is above expectations maybe Xanadu Next numbers aren't too bad

Pls Fate/Extella and Cold Steel next XSEED kthx

This goes right back to what we discussed awhile ago. What looks like bad sales to us, doesn't becssarily mean they are. Since we never have the full port and localization costs. Possible it covered its costs after 5K sales and such.

You can finish it in one sitting. I played it when I was slightly drunk and it was a great experience.

That's what I did. Took me a little over an hour. It's even more similar to Journey than I expected but that's not a bad thing at all. Gorgeous game, very nice experience.

I think I'm close to beating Xcom2. Would be nice if I could finish it before Nier is out, assuming I manage to scrape together the money for it.

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Star Saviours -- MB-5B498C0BCC00D848 - Taken by Cels

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Monooboe

Happy birthday!:D I hope you are having or will have an awesome day.

Aaron D.

They went off the deep end after all the gamergate shit.

Most recent example being that Rimworld piece they wrote.

Yeah, I think GG culture is completely abhorrent yet I felt like the RimWorld article read like a hit piece.

Then you had their Farming Simulator 17 review where the writer played the game for about an hour (he admits this) just goofing off and then spends the whole article making fun of the game. He doesn't even give any critical criticism. Well, he did complain that he couldn't write the word "Poop" in the field with his harvester.

I understand satire but this was presented as a Review. I know RPS does Wot I Think game-impression articles as well that are more fun hot-takes. Again, the header said it was a FS17 Review.

He got called out so bad in the Comments section that they went on to quietly remove the word Review from the page header. But a Google search still links as a RPS FS17 "Review".

As a fan of Farming Simulator I just thought it was super lame as the franchise has been getting incredibly polished and respected over the past few iterations. And RPS was only interested in doing a hit-piece presented as a critical review for the lolz.

No thanks.

Happy Birthday!

I swear to god I haven't heard of 3/4 of the stuff on your wishlist.

KainXVIII

Happy birthday! 😜

Kiru

Happy birthday, thanks for the giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom